Depth Chart released

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Bitch Brigade is out in full force. Beaver trying to backpedal on what he said, again, after showing his hard on for Thompson, again. While slow hand continues to be the condescending douche that continues to be his main persona. With a bit of smug asshole thrown in.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Read that Tapscott and Nico Evans are going to get the ball quite a bit, too. That makes FOUR solid RBs.

I think we have some solid WRs. Huge game changers? Probably not, but solid.
We are loaded at RB.
I think Coffman and Allen are and will be formidable QBs. Coffman ran everything last year behind the scenes, just didn't get to play the games. Not like we are having a Juco guy learn the O.

Defense? This is the biggest ? for me whether we win 6-7 games or 3-4. I have no idea what all of these changes mean for us.

I kind of expected Whaca to be bigger by now. He still seems like he needs about 15 more lbs on him.
I think Evans is going to be a stud. Already has the coaches taking notice.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

fromolwyoming wrote:Bitch Brigade is out in full force. Beaver trying to backpedal on what he said, again, after showing his hard on for Thompson, again. While slow hand continues to be the condescending douche that continues to be his main persona. With a bit of smug asshole thrown in.
:popcorn:
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

:thefan:
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Dynamics of offseason threads are always interesting :lol:
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:Bitch Brigade is out in full force. Beaver trying to backpedal on what he said, again, after showing his hard on for Thompson, again. While slow hand continues to be the condescending douche that continues to be his main persona. With a bit of smug asshole thrown in.

Wow, nice touch on the "Douche" call. That isn't a personal attack at all. :o
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 144 times

From what I've heard and what I interpret, Allen has a better skill set but needs to learn how to run the offense better. Cam has a better grasp of the offense and will be able to manage it better. Nico sounds like a great surprise getting noticed already. Not sure which freshmen could come in during fall camp and push for playing time. If you had to guess based on position!
W-Y, Until I Die!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:From what I've heard and what I interpret, Allen has a better skill set but needs to learn how to run the offense better. Cam has a better grasp of the offense and will be able to manage it better. Nico sounds like a great surprise getting noticed already. Not sure which freshmen could come in during fall camp and push for playing time. If you had to guess based on position!
C.J. Johnson will play, maybe start. Far too talented to sit.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:From what I've heard and what I interpret, Allen has a better skill set but needs to learn how to run the offense better. Cam has a better grasp of the offense and will be able to manage it better. Nico sounds like a great surprise getting noticed already. Not sure which freshmen could come in during fall camp and push for playing time. If you had to guess based on position!
I think there will be a couple freshman revievers that will play a considerable amount. Not real impressed with Parker's hands at this point. He has great speed but lets a lot of balls go through his hands.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 144 times

Slow Hand wrote:
I think there will be a couple freshman revievers that will play a considerable amount. Not real impressed with Parker's hands at this point. He has great speed but lets a lot of balls go through his hands.
He didn't do well catching balls from that machine.
W-Y, Until I Die!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
He didn't do well catching balls from that machine.
No he didn't, but trying to catch a ball that is zipped from a pitching machine probably isn't easy. Simpson made it look easy though.

He does have good speed and enrolled early...so you know he will do all it takes to be a good player at this level.

Go Pokes!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

J-Rod wrote:
C.J. Johnson will play, maybe start. Far too talented to sit.
Justice Murphy is right there with Johnson. I would say those two could come in and play right away, but after hearing multiple players talk about how much easier it is this year with knowledge of the playbook I start to wonder if freshmen can come in and truly contribute right away at WR simply because of the steep learning curve. If Johnson and Murphy can grasp the playbook right away I bet those two will play a lot.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Slow Hand wrote:
Maybe he'd be a better defensive back?
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
Maybe he'd be a better defensive back?
IDK.....he is really new to the system and pretty young. I think they will work with him and he will probably contribute. Gentry and Maulhardt are good solid guys, Simpson can probably play a role, but I think we are missing that big play kind of a guy. We need another receiver like Rob "Zoom" Heron to come in.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Justice Murphy is right there with Johnson. I would say those two could come in and play right away, but after hearing multiple players talk about how much easier it is this year with knowledge of the playbook I start to wonder if freshmen can come in and truly contribute right away at WR simply because of the steep learning curve. If Johnson and Murphy can grasp the playbook right away I bet those two will play a lot.
I think they both could be very good. I liked Johnson's tape better than Murphy's personally. Johnson can beat you deep, whereas Justice doesn't quite have that first step that C.J. does. C.J. is 6'1" or so with Herron's first step. Don't want to jinx him or over hype him, but I think he has 1st-team All-MW written all over him.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Whoa whoa, where did I backpedal on what I said? Show me.

I will wait.

Find it.

Seriously. Do it.

I'll be here waiting.

Or! Is it just a couple people thinking I said something I didn't? Oh it is? Weird.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:LOL Looks like Potato is reading things into other people's posts.......hmmm imagine that. This is the same dude that ridiculed me because I called Uso "Uce" in another post. He is so out of touch that he didn't even realize that is what everybody in the locker room calls him. (It is often called a nick name Potato) In the same thread he tried to interject meaning into a statement that I made and then turned around and tried to demean me for being to ambiguous. Seems like his "M.O." to me. (That would be a Modus Operandi).
Hey Slow Wit....

It was so far above your head it wasn't funny, it was because you like to use "un-named sources" to fuel rumors. It is easy to spread rumors, Slow Wit and then run off, and that is what you did. You twisted what I said, and then ran off like some little kid. You have been right on some things and wrong on others, and I am not the only one to point that out.. You come on like you are living in the locker room, and know these guys inner thoughts, like what will happen with Austin Fort. Why don't you just wait and see what happens instead of sticking in your nose (it must be a really big one because you do stick in every ones business...).
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Lol really?

Me: IDK if Bohl showing up late contributed to Thompson leaving.

Potato: THAT'S poop SAYING THAT'S THE REASON THOMSPON LEFT.

Me: I didn't say that, I said I don't know if it contributed or not.

Potato: THAT'S poop I QUOTED YOU AND YOU LIED.

Dude, if you quoted me saying that Bohl's late arrival caused Thompson to leave, show me, please.

But if you go and find that all I said was "I don't know if it contributed to it" then re-read it and realize I didn't say he caused him to leave.

FFS man, chill out and get off your damn high horse and read what I said.
You CAN'T even quote properly....You quoted me as saying... (btw, doing a quote in all caps is really stupid.)

"Potato: THAT'S poop SAYING THAT'S THE REASON THOMPSON LEFT."

I actually said, "Jason Thompson is a LIAR pure and simple and he lied to you straight to your face and you try and say that Bohl keeping his word and seeing the NDSU season out might had something to do with Thompson leaving, what horsesh&t.....the QB coach at UW was trying to get a job at Utah at the time and he talked to Thompson and guess what, Thompson transfers, did Thompson tell you this?" You on purpose left out the word "might", which of course means that I accurately relayed what you said. Just proof that you do not quote accurately or correctly, and the only reason is that you wish to twist what others say. Leaving out the word "might" changes the who context of the sentence, but of course you knew that and that is why you left it out.

The second part. you said, "Me: I didn't say that, I said that I didn't know if it contributed or not."

"Potato: THAT'S poop I QUOTED YOU AND YOU LIED." You did lie because you didn't quote me correctly. You left out the word "might" from my quote, and leaving it out you twisted what I said.

You brought up this whole subject, which you did, or are you going to try and deny that. Your statements intimated that Thompson's leaving might have something to do with Bohl not coming to UW immediately and that would possibly cost Wyoming a bowl game or two. Did you or did you not say this? If you want I can go back and give the exact quote...you probably wouldn't like that because it would show that you did bring it up and intimate that Bohl not coming immediately caused issues. You ignored the fact that Thompson lied to Bohl and you ignored the fact that there was a dead period for much of the time that Bohl was still taking care of business in North Dakota and it wouldn't have made any difference if he had been in Laramie or not. You also ignored the fact of all of the work that Bohl did for Wyoming while still up in North Dakota. You also ignored the fact that Bohl made a special trip to see Thompson and Smith in the PNW. My point was that you was that this whole suggestion that it was the possible reason that Thompson didn't stay and how cost Wyoming was poop, and it still is. I knew that you would come back and not be intellectually honest about quoting me, and I proved it by pointing out how you ignored a very important word when you so-called quoted me. Your intellectual honesty is in even more doubt after this last post than it was before. If you wish to come back and address this again, at least this time, quote me correctly for once, how about it?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Jesus Christ, guys! Is this normal off-season behavior on here? Maybe I should just check out until fall camp...
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

cali2wyo wrote:Jesus Christ, guys! Is this normal off-season behavior on here? Maybe I should just check out until fall camp...
This is normal up till about early August when we all start talking about the first game and put on our B&G glasses and drink a bunch of Kool-aid so ya get use to it.