Depth Chart released

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Slow Hand wrote:I bet Austin Fort Transfers. Any takers? ;-)
To LSU.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote: Yep, and some people think we can beat Wazzu still. Lol.
Not impossible. Wazzu got caught overlooking a bad Nevada team last season. But I do get your point BP....the more I learn, the more I think there are 0 gimmes on the schedule next season.
After looking at that depth chart I am thinking 3 wins at tops.

And I have a feeling Mike Leach's backups will score as much as their starters.
70-0
Bet? Wyoming will win more than 3....hell, I'll give you 5 games. And Mike Leach's 3 win team won't score 70 on us. I'll give you 40.

If I win, you take your game to the Oregon State board. Deal?

The bet is a joke...but damn I can't stand all the negative poop on this board.
There are a lot of people on this board who claim to be Wyoming fans, but who would love to see Coach Bohl fail so they could say "see, I told you".
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Larawie
Ranch Hand

Slow Hand wrote:
djm19 wrote:Good to see my cousin on the depth chart! Wyoming kid.
I think the depth chart will change immensely come fall. However for the time being.....it is nice to see a few Wyoming kids gracing the pages.
And one reason Fort won't transfer. No one is guaranteed they'll play the same position in college they played in HS. Obviously he's more important to the team as a TE than he was as a QB. I believe he has a REAL chance to contribute.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Why would he transfer?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYCowboy wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
Not impossible. Wazzu got caught overlooking a bad Nevada team last season. But I do get your point BP....the more I learn, the more I think there are 0 gimmes on the schedule next season.

70-0
Bet? Wyoming will win more than 3....hell, I'll give you 5 games. And Mike Leach's 3 win team won't score 70 on us. I'll give you 40.

There are a lot of people on this board who claim to be Wyoming fans, but who would love to see Coach Bohl fail so they could say "see, I told you".
At the end of the day, every pessimistic poster is in far more in touch with the reality of the Wyoming football program than the optimistic ones, and at the same time, would absolutely love to have the JimmyDimes and Kansas Cowboys of the board say "I told you so" to the pessimistic posters such as myself.

I would rather Wyoming be fighting Boise for New Years 6 Bowl Games and have all the sunshine pumpers tell me how wrong I am about Bohl and winning at Wyoming rather than be right about Wyo football.

Dude, I would even take Wyo fighting for the Potato, NM, Poinsettia, and new Tuscon Bowl rather than be right about where I think Wyoming football is. I would gladly take it.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

WYCowboy wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

70-0

No kidding. I hope when Bohl exceeds your expectations all you haters eat a plate full of poop-flavored crow.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

The ironic thing is that Beav used to be the biggest sunshine pumper on here.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:
Why would he transfer?
He wants to play QB, not TE. I think he will look for a place that he can compete for a QB spot. I realize that nobody is guaranteed a spot but he has lost the chance to even compete for one in Wyoming. He is outta here. Just my opinion, and "locker room talk" ( Potato will love that one) :lol:
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Why would he transfer?
He wants to play QB, not TE. I think he will look for a place that he can compete for a QB spot. I realize that nobody is guaranteed a spot but he has lost the chance to even compete for one in Wyoming. He is outta here. Just my opinion, and "locker room talk" ( Potato will love that one) :lol:
If he's so opposed to the move, why not just quit/transfer already? Why make a position change for spring ball just so that he can transfer over the summer and move back to QB? Makes no sense.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:The ironic thing is that Beav used to be the biggest sunshine pumper on here.
He did...and unfortunately ended up being very wrong about certain teams like several people here have been. Sure, optimism and pessimism show as they are, you know them when you see them. That doesn't mean those being "pessimistic" are wrong. The negative fans have been dead on with Wyoming football for three consecutive seasons now. Or as BP said, at the very least much closer than the sunshine pumpers have been to projecting these teams.

Wyoming football in the new MW will always be tough to predict. In 2011, Wyoming won 8 games, but 6/7 of them were by very close margins that could have gone the other way. The following year, Wyoming won only 4 games, but played at least four others that could have gone the other way. That's UW football in a nutshell, a football's roll away from being decent or terrible.

The sunshine pumpers will say that the 2014 Cowboys were a few breaks away from going 6-6. The negative nancy's will say UW was a few very fortunate bounces (looking at you, FAU) from being 2-10 or even 1-11.

So really, none of us are "wrong". We're all essentially right in principle...but some of us are more cautious, others would rather see the glass half full.

I'm cautiously predicting 4-5 wins, but placed with a warning label that says "A few bad injuries away from being really, really bad"
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Everybody is so negative, but do you think Slick Dave would been able to get the state government to support $20 million for a football team? Hell no. Dave was hoping for job where he could hopefully get a few good seasons and play it off into a big time job. Coach Bohl is in this for the long haul. He easily could have picked any job he wanted that didn't require a complete rebuild and continue his winning ways, but he didn't. He's going to make us a winner or go down with it. It may mean a couple of rough years, but if you don't have faith in the man then I have a problem with you. Go root for some top 5 team every year so you don't have to get your feelings hurt. So put a smile on your face, jump on the bandwagon, and most importantly, enjoy the ride.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Slow Hand wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Why would he transfer?
If he REALLY wants to play QB, I suppose he could transfer to a D2 somewhere and try. But this move to TE pretty much cements what I have been suspecting for quite a while, Fort is NOT a D1 QB. If he couldn't make the 3- (or 4-) deep at UW then he is not going to make it anywhere else in D1 as a QB. Not trying to bag on the kid, as he is a good athlete, that's why the move to TE could be great for him. So if he really wants to be a QB, South Dakota School of Mines or Black Hills might have a spot for him, but if he wants to play D1 ball, he better wrap his head around no longer being a QB.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote:Everybody is so negative, but do you think Slick Dave would been able to get the state government to support $20 million for a football team? Hell no. Dave was hoping for job where he could hopefully get a few good seasons and play it off into a big time job. Coach Bohl is in this for the long haul. He easily could have picked any job he wanted that didn't require a complete rebuild and continue his winning ways, but he didn't. He's going to make us a winner or go down with it. It may mean a couple of rough years, but if you don't have faith in the man then I have a problem with you. Go root for some top 5 team every year so you don't have to get your feelings hurt. So put a smile on your face, jump on the bandwagon, and most importantly, enjoy the ride.
I've said before that I believe Bohl inherited a bigger mess than Shyatt did....in other words the football program was in worse shape than the basketball program. Several on here jumped all over me saying that there is no way the football program was in worse shape. Well, looking at the depth chart, I would say Bohl indeed did inherit a steaming pile, and he is going to need time and support to turn this thing around. I thought we would be lucky to win 3 games last year, and we won 4. I think we will be lucky to win 4 games this year (that isn't pessimism, but simply stating reality), but I'm not going to abandon this team at this stage of the rebuilding process. I may change my tune if Bohl is winning only 4 or 5 games a year in 2017 or 2018, but it is way too soon to panic or write him off. Let's give him time to work some magic. This process is going to be frustrating and painful, but it took several years to destroy this program and it's going to take a while to fix it.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

NebraskaCowboy wrote:Everybody is so negative, but do you think Slick Dave would been able to get the state government to support $20 million for a football team? Hell no. Dave was hoping for job where he could hopefully get a few good seasons and play it off into a big time job. Coach Bohl is in this for the long haul. He easily could have picked any job he wanted that didn't require a complete rebuild and continue his winning ways, but he didn't. He's going to make us a winner or go down with it. It may mean a couple of rough years, but if you don't have faith in the man then I have a problem with you. Go root for some top 5 team every year so you don't have to get your feelings hurt. So put a smile on your face, jump on the bandwagon, and most importantly, enjoy the ride.
I don' think anyone is blaming Bohl, or even saying that he is a bad person or coach. Change is the nature at Wyoming and with change comes growing pains. We all agree that DC was not the answer and Bohl may not be either. But with coaching changes comes personal changes. At least in this thread I think that is the focus. My point about Fort and a couple others is that they are going to go where they have e a chance to play. The one thing about Bohl is that he will not blow smoke up your ass. He will tell you if he thinks you will play and if not he will help you get somewhere that you can.

Even if Bohl can't get it done he is one hell of a politician. He has procured for the university of Wyoming millions of dollars and lobbied for big time change that will help bring us up to par with the rest of the country. In a few years our facilities will be second to none. Hopefully that will help bring in athletes that can compete at the level we all hope for.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Why would he transfer?
If he's so opposed to the move, why not just quit/transfer already? Why make a position change for spring ball just so that he can transfer over the summer and move back to QB? Makes no sense.
Did you look at the depth chart? He is at the "four" spot at the TE position. I think the likely hood of him playing there is about the same as him playing at QB. I can't answer why he wouldn't transfer right now. Perhaps he doesn't want to loose his credits or scholarship money, or maybe because this move is so new and somewhat unexpected to him he hasn't thought it all the way through. I can't be sure but up until now I think all of his spring reps have been at QB. so the move has to be new to him.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Slow Hand wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Why would he transfer?
Did you look at the depth chart? He is at the "four" spot at the TE position. I think the likely hood of him playing there is about the same as him playing at QB. I can't answer why he wouldn't transfer right now. Perhaps he doesn't want to loose his credits or scholarship money, or maybe because this move is so new and somewhat unexpected to him he hasn't thought it all the way through. I can't be sure but up until now I think all of his spring reps have been at QB. so the move has to be new to him.
Last year we played at least 3 TE's on a regular basis (Krill, Hollister, and Nzoecha), but only one QB played the entire year (Thornton did play a series or two when Colby got hurt).
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Why would he transfer?
Last year we played at least 3 TE's on a regular basis (Krill, Hollister, and Nzoecha), but only one QB played the entire year (Thornton did play a series or two when Colby got hurt).
As did Sam. I thought he got a few series as well.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

70-0

At the end of the day, every pessimistic poster is in far more in touch with the reality of the Wyoming football program than the optimistic ones, and at the same time, would absolutely love to have the JimmyDimes and Kansas Cowboys of the board say "I told you so" to the pessimistic posters such as myself.

I would rather Wyoming be fighting Boise for New Years 6 Bowl Games and have all the sunshine pumpers tell me how wrong I am about Bohl and winning at Wyoming rather than be right about Wyo football.

Dude, I would even take Wyo fighting for the Potato, NM, Poinsettia, and new Tuscon Bowl rather than be right about where I think Wyoming football is. I would gladly take it.

I like how I get thrown in on this...

Yet, very being the optimist that I am, I'm pretty sure that I questioned Bohls hiring, I predicted 0 to 4 wins for his first season. I complimented progress that I've seen, and I'm sure if you look back at other posts about this upcoming year I initially had us at 4-8 or 5-7...

How am I the eternal optimist?

The answer, is I'm not. The difference is I keep my dignity and level of respect as positive because I just don't spout off and bitch about every little thing.

And the only reason I'm considered a "Sunshine Pumper" is because when half the board has lost their dignity. I'm level headed enough to stay right where I was to begin with and generally try to defend players from you all or understand coaching decisions and try to explain them to you. But because I never lower myself to your levels I'm the Sunshine Pumping Eternal Optimist.

Thank you. I feel better. I feel happy. I feel chipper. I feel bright. I feel enlightened. Yep, it's the pumper in me.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

kansasCowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

70-0

It is probably because you are from Rock Springs and played for another coach by the name of Christensen! LOL.

Yet, very being the optimist that I am, I'm pretty sure that I questioned Bohls hiring, I predicted 0 to 4 wins for his first season. I complimented progress that I've seen, and I'm sure if you look back at other posts about this upcoming year I initially had us at 4-8 or 5-7...

The answer, is I'm not. The difference is I keep my dignity and level of respect as positive because I just don't spout off and bitch about every little thing.

And the only reason I'm considered a "Sunshine Pumper" is because when half the board has lost their dignity. I'm level headed enough to stay right where I was to begin with and generally try to defend players from you all or understand coaching decisions and try to explain them to you. But because I never lower myself to your levels I'm the Sunshine Pumping Eternal Optimist.

Thank you. I feel better. I feel happy. I feel chipper. I feel bright. I feel enlightened. Yep, it's the pumper in me.
jarhead
Ranch Hand

kansasCowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

70-0

It is probably because you are from Rock Springs and played for another coach by the name of Christensen! LOL.

It is probably because you are from Rock Springs and you played for another coach named Christensen! LOL