Upon further reading....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I read more on the RAC expansion and it appears that a few of the things on our War Memorial wish list are going to come to fruition. I.E. The ribbon board I brought up when that thread was started, and a new sound system which I believe someone brought up. Now our stadium may not be getting any bigger capacity wise but it's damn sure going to look good. I believe they should however if they are going to have that massive scoreboard, why not put in a form of permanent bleacher below it on the south side say to the tune of 1,000 seats. Bring our capacity to over 30,000 again and call it quits for the time being. What say you?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Biggest downfall to the HATC (RAC expansion) is not including a dive tank & Olympic size pool for use in "TRAINING" and for use by our swim & dive team as their new facility.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

Some inexpensive seating like the knothole would be perfect on the South Side.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Mr.Large wrote:Some inexpensive seating like the knothole would be perfect on the South Side.
Something like the bleachers that were used for the Nebraska game, but make permanent.
Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

I always thought on the south side seating with the visitors locker room underneath. Something like Sports Authority at Mile High with a large scoreboard. Obvioulsy, with less seats. Then under the west stands could be completely redone.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

If we are going to do a south end zone project that adds more seating, it should be big enough to make an actual impact. Something like 3-5 thousand seats with concessions and restrooms. I don't want dinky high school bleachers sitting in the endzone, a collection of random lawn chairs would look better.

Make these end zone seats for the band and cheap general admission. With a space for the cannon either in front or up above them in some way
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

The only south end project the War needs is a raised patio bar & restaurant but we know that isn't happening anytime soon.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:If we are going to do a south end zone project that adds more seating, it should be big enough to make an actual impact. Something like 3-5 thousand seats with concessions and restrooms. I don't want dinky high school bleachers sitting in the endzone, a collection of random lawn chairs would look better.

Make these end zone seats for the band and cheap general admission. With a space for the cannon either in front or up above them in some way
I agree....I didn't mean rinky dinky....but I like the size of the bleachers they had set up. Make it permanent with restrooms and storage underneath and put the band right in the middle. Plus, it creates a nice platform for this big scoreboard that is going to be installed.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:The only south end project the War needs is a raised patio bar & restaurant but we know that isn't happening anytime soon.
I have had that idea for a long time. Would be great not only for football games, but for year around use by the community, visitors to Laramie, and for smaller events hosted by the University. Could also sell premium access to the deck during games that would allow the consumption of alcohol.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:The only south end project the War needs is a raised patio bar & restaurant but we know that isn't happening anytime soon.
I have had that idea for a long time. Would be great not only for football games, but for year around use by the community, visitors to Laramie, and for smaller events hosted by the University. Could also sell premium access to the deck during games that would allow the consumption of alcohol.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Would be a cool place to go eat...events...etc. :thumb:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Wyo2dal is completely right!! Hell, you could probably get Budweiser or coors to build it. Wildcatters and patio beer is better than none
W-Y, Until I Die!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I think Wyo should not worry one bit about the size of the stadium. Wyo should make War Memorial the nicest 29K (or whatever it is) stadium there is. Make it feel like it's a big time stadium. Stadium lights, seating, sound system, scoreboard, etc. Just go all out. Upgrade as much as they can.

Make the stadium FEEL like you are walking into Autzen, Death Valley, or the Horseshoe.

If Bohl gets the team winning, the stadium is selling out, and we finally have DEMAND for 32, 35, or even 40k, then we can talk about expansion and getting more seats.

Until then, make War Memorial intimidating. Make it nice. Bring it into the 21st century, then surpass 90% of teams in college football in terms of making it a great place to be.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:I think Wyo should not worry one bit about the size of the stadium. Wyo should make War Memorial the nicest 29K (or whatever it is) stadium there is. Make it feel like it's a big time stadium. Stadium lights, seating, sound system, scoreboard, etc. Just go all out. Upgrade as much as they can.

Make the stadium FEEL like you are walking into Autzen, Death Valley, or the Horseshoe.

If Bohl gets the team winning, the stadium is selling out, and we finally have DEMAND for 32, 35, or even 40k, then we can talk about expansion and getting more seats.

Until then, make War Memorial intimidating. Make it nice. Bring it into the 21st century, then surpass 90% of teams in college football in terms of making it a great place to be.
+1
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BeaverPoke wrote:I think Wyo should not worry one bit about the size of the stadium. Wyo should make War Memorial the nicest 29K (or whatever it is) stadium there is. Make it feel like it's a big time stadium. Stadium lights, seating, sound system, scoreboard, etc. Just go all out. Upgrade as much as they can.

I have to agree with the Beav on this one. The War is far too lacking in basic amenities (I.E. Bathrooms and Concessions) to be worried about expansion. Let's make it as nice as we can, and then when our success dictates a need for expansion we can worry about it.

Autzen is a great example, it only sits 54,000 (I know that's a lot compared to us, but not for BCS programs) and it is one of the loudest stadiums in the country; also one of the nicer ones.

In short, don't throw good money after bad, upgrade the War and then worry about seating expansion.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I'm stoked about the ribbon board. I'd love to see some projected plans of what the WAR will look like.

I'll give Burman and WYO one thing, they do aggressively pursue facilities. Kudos for that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.