to ian, and the rivals family... not a good idea

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

cali2wyo wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:
laxwyo wrote:You see how Holmgren already has a story about whether or not Allen should redshirt?
He had a small mistake in that story:

"The question now becomes this: Exactly how much of the Cowboys’ future will Allen be a part of, three years or four?

In a perfect world, Coffman would remain healthy all season and Allen’s number would never be called. That would allow him to redshirt, leaving him with three years of eligibility remaining.

But if Allen plays even one snap in 2015, he’ll only be eligible for two more seasons."
He didn't make a mistake, I think you just misread.

He'll spend 3-4 years in the program. If he red shirts in year 1, he'll play in years 2, 3, and 4.
Correct.

It wasn't written the cleanest, and I stumbled on that part as well.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

laxwyo wrote:I haven't read a thread over there in two years
Same here.
TheCup
Ranch Hand

Ian said that it was a result of the Rivals platform switch, not a decision to start hiding the content behind a paywall. He said he's working on a fix and it's not his intent to charge to read.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

personally I've been pleased with all the additional content over there. Worth the 10$ a month.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

I think there's plenty of room for both boards. I say to each his own. Most major schools have two or more boards covering their school's sports. Like fashion, beer, or automobiles, everyone has their own taste and preferences. Granted the GoWyoGo board is stodgier and more conservative in manner and voice than WyoNation, but some prefer that, others don't. I say let bygones be bygones. There's more than one way to support our Pokes. At the end of the day it all about the Brown and Gold.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Speaking of GWG, whatever happened to Ronski? He was a legend on there.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

dudes.... Virginian you are definetly dc poke. I have been there for a long time. sgtpoke used to be my name, in 2004-2007.

nowhere, jrod... ive been around for a very long time. what I want to show is that this is a horrible idea. it probably is NOT ian's fault... but he is the owner. so its up to him

Most of the old school wyonation posters hit gowyogo daily. which I will not do any more. nor will any of the other guys not willing pay to read. I make plenty of money, but have much more important family items to spend money on than a college fan site.

some folks may still want to spend. but I don't. I would rather spend a monthly fee on a video game, than a site that just offers opinions. This is a bad decision for rivals. they need to look at the market and target the younger generation. the older generation gets smaller every year. what appeals to families now, that have children and a full house, monthly boring subscriptions to a news site?

or appeal to new age low subscription rates, that offer more saving to the customers, and wider advertisement base for sales companies.

BUT, whatever, lets just charge the families more, that are providing us the advertisement numbers to seal a solid contract with sales companies. BAD BUSINESS. say im crying all you want. this is a dollar driven decision that excludes the vary base that allows internet advertisement.

I will not go to that site if I can't read opinions there. I pay enough between groceries, clothes, water, television, internet, gas, mortgage, fun, etc

I pay gaming sites a montly fee, but I will not pay a montly fee to read news. go F. yourself

that's my mind. and it relates pretty fair across the board. get your head on straight. paying extra to read opinions is STUPID. really DUMB
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote:I pay gaming sites a montly fee, but I will not pay a montly fee to read news. go F. yourself
As a consumer I agree.

However, as an employee of a news service, I understand why there's a paywall. For me at my job, people aren't going to pay for a newspaper if they can get the identical content from our website for free. These recruiting services are usually for the diehards, and a lot of diehards are willing to pay extra for premium content. That's why sites like Rivals charge...they know there are people willing to pay. Is everyone able to? No, but I'd guess that a majority are.

As for the message boards, if it's nothing more than a fan site, I agree that it's ridiculous to charge. But if there's premium info being shared on the boards that's not available elsewhere, I understand why there's a charge.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
The Virginian
Cowpoke

carbonpoke wrote:dudes.... Virginian you are definetly dc poke. I have been there for a long time. sgtpoke used to be my name, in 2004-2007.
I've never hid the fact who I am. Check the signature.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

There is another board :o ?????
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:There is another board :o ?????
According to myth and legend, it seems so. But many place on the same track as El Dorado, The Fountain of Youth, and Atlantis.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

I was OKC Poke on GWG. In fact I submitted a pic of myself to the GWG photo album to show who was who years ago.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!