to ian, and the rivals family... not a good idea

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

you can exempt folks to get more subscriptions... or try too. however, the people you are targeting, diehards from this site, and other sports locals that don't want to pay (or cant pay), we will still remain.
we don't need the rivals site. in fact, I don't use yahoo for scouting.

its not that good. espn is better, if you can believe that?

hudl, 247, maxpreps, and scout, provide better informastion than rivals.

Harley kirsch, teven Jenkins. they are making 0 dollars for you right now, but we already now about them.

elitism is still roman.

rivals has fewer viewers, and even less now. bad effing idea to lock out readers. most of the viewers on your sight don't subscribe. you guys had the Wyoming site first, but have lost connectivity. fans in Wyoming want to express opinions the same way that you introduced the rivals site 15 years ago. but whatever. charge more, see how that goes.

remember sam Walton?

free to play. way better.

then charge the advertisers. not the customers
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Agreed.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

:thumb:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

What? I don't know the story here.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I don't think it has much to do with Ian or his site. I could be wrong, but I assume the changes are driven by Yahoo/Rivals.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

They picked a bad time to go pay to read. We already scoop them on recruiting and most other stories. The only real reason to read that board was to see how far Packer has come in her quest to patent the drunkenn gibberish language.

They sure are trying hard though. Since they went pay to read they've released a lot of articles. At least they aren't going down without a fight.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I agree. When they went pay to post I made my way over here(didn't post much on that site or here either at first) but I still liked to check it out and read what was going on over there. Has a different feel from here. Its better here but I liked reading things over there from time to time. This is really going to hurt there page views if they don't allow free reading of posts.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Huh. I cannot speak to GoWyoGo's finances in particular, but Rivals annually makes more than 24/7, and makes significantly more than Scout. We can debate the quality of product as it changes by team-specific site, but overall the other recruiting sites wish they were Rivals. Wasn't it only a few months ago or so that Scout was offering a $9.99 charge for 9 months of service? That is desperate. As NowherePoke noted, I doubt GWG even had a choice. Those are typically higher-up decisions, one that likely came with Rivals recently updated message board interface.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Well, they got me, lol. I paid that $$.
StarValleyPoke
Buckaroo

I liked a lot of things there and made it a regular visit. Not now :thumbdown:
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I don't think it was Ian either. It was rivals /yahoo I am pretty sure but the people who already paid are still going to pay anyways and those who didn't might.

So they will actually get a few more subscriptions most likely.

Honestly I don't see the problem with it. I myself have never paid for that site and I am not going to right now at this point either.

Not trying to offend anyone but honestly this sounds like a 5 year old crying because they can't have their way. Just don't see the big deal.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

I am not offended they went to full pay on rivals. I miss hearing some of the guys over there, but I've never been motivated to pay for sports message boards or news. But that's the point, isn't it? If you want it bad enough you pay, otherwise you don't pay and they just hope to get it right so they stay in business.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I haven't read a thread over there in two years
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoisHome
Buckaroo

I have checked in on the Rivals site nearly every single day for at least 5 years. I'm a die-hard fan, but I rarely post. I like reading about recruiting, but I'm not going to dig into the star ratings and watch grainy videos of high school players. I just want to keep in touch with what's going on with my beloved Wyoming Cowboys.

Pay to read? Goodbye. Instead of paying $100/yr for a recruiting site, I'll pay for a digital subscription to Trib.com (where I can also keep in touch with statewide news) and read this site. I'll miss some of the better informed (there are only a couple) characters over there, but I'm over it. Thanks for providing this forum.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Gowyogo is full of people who are way out of touch with wyo athletics.

99% of the stories the fans really want are either on twitter, or Wyonation.

Everything they have on Gowyogo we have on Wyonation, plus much more.

PackerPoke is hillarious though.

Kudos to the creators of Wyonation!!!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

You see how Holmgren already has a story about whether or not Allen should redshirt?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

laxwyo wrote:You see how Holmgren already has a story about whether or not Allen should redshirt?
He had a small mistake in that story:

"The question now becomes this: Exactly how much of the Cowboys’ future will Allen be a part of, three years or four?

In a perfect world, Coffman would remain healthy all season and Allen’s number would never be called. That would allow him to redshirt, leaving him with three years of eligibility remaining.

But if Allen plays even one snap in 2015, he’ll only be eligible for two more seasons."
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
laxwyo wrote:You see how Holmgren already has a story about whether or not Allen should redshirt?
He had a small mistake in that story:

"The question now becomes this: Exactly how much of the Cowboys’ future will Allen be a part of, three years or four?

In a perfect world, Coffman would remain healthy all season and Allen’s number would never be called. That would allow him to redshirt, leaving him with three years of eligibility remaining.

But if Allen plays even one snap in 2015, he’ll only be eligible for two more seasons."
He didn't make a mistake, I think you just misread.

He'll spend 3-4 years in the program. If he red shirts in year 1, he'll play in years 2, 3, and 4.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I hate the new Rivals format. It sucks and i may end my subscription because of it. Also i don't think Allen should redshirt. I believe we need all hands on deck. With the better recruits coming in I'm sure another Qb will come along with plenty of talent.
billings
Ranch Hand

\Rivals coverage of wyoming recruiting is far superior to Scout, which is usually pretty far behind on Wyo recruits and commits.