Unis

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:We won a conference title in one of the years we tried it, so it's got that going for it.

We have, in our history, switched to a brown helmet and had success.

We wouldn't be setting a precedent by switching to a brown helmet. We would be honoring our tradition, although it was a limited window that the brown helmet appeared: it still appeared.

All I'm saying: 0-32 for the last 32 in white.
That's not a tradition, though, it's having a season of success.
And the only reason for the ONE season of success was that we beat BYU only to later get destroyed by Oklahoma in the 1976 Fiesta Bowl. Yes we got destroyed by OSU (1988 Holiday), K-State (1993), and embarrassed by Temple (2011) wearing the white helmets. However we won bowls with the white helmets as well...

1966 Sun Bowl: vs. Florida State, 28-20.
2004 Las Vegas Bowl: vs. UCLA, 24-21.
2009 New Mexico Bowl: vs. Fresno State, 35-28.

All of our bowl wins in the 1950s were prior to the history period that the Helmet Project has (1960-present) so no idea what our helmets were then.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

So we made the Fiesta Bowl and played the defending national champions for our bowl game. That's not a bad year.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Sun May 03, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Cowboy Junky wrote:So we made the Fiesta Bowl in the season we wore brown. That's not a bad year.
Wyoming went 8-4 (6-1 in WAC, tied with BYU for 1st)

The wins were South Dakota, Utah State, Arizona State, @ BYU, New Mexico, Utah, @ Arizona, & @ UTEP.

The losses were: @ Michigan State, @ Colorado State, @ Air Force, and of course, vs. # 8 Oklahoma in Tempe.

We best BYU, 34-29, which later clinched the Fiesta Bowl spot for us but we lost to Fort Fart 19-16.

Note: AFA was not a member of the WAC until 1980.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:So we made the Fiesta Bowl in the season we wore brown. That's not a bad year.

The wins were South Dakota, Utah State, Arizona State, @ BYU, New Mexico, Utah, @ Arizona, & @ UTEP.

The losses were: @ Michigan State, @ Colorado State, @ Air Force, and of course, vs. # 8 Oklahoma in Tempe.

We best BYU, 34-29, which later clinched the Fiesta Bowl spot for us but we lost to Fort Fart 19-16.

It's not like it was as a crap season. We made the Fiesta bowl against the defending national champion Sooners. That seems like a pretty solid year to me.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
mnewman92
Buckaroo

Wyokie wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:I like brown pants over gold, I want to see brown pants with a brown jersey and gold jersey at least once each per season. Also, I like the idea of gold facemasks on a brown helmet with a gold steamboat.

I hope we do a gold rush promo regularly too.

I know it'll never happen with Bohl at the helm, but i'd love to see a blackout for a night game. I think black jerseys with gold and white accents would look badass for a night game, recruits would love it too. Oh well, I can dream...
Ya full brown Uniforms with gold cowboys on the legs looked really slick. Also we should never wear all white on national TV every time we do we get beat.

I love that look but need a Gold Steamboat not brown.
I like that uni. I agree for the need to have a gold Steamboat.

I love the fact it says WYOMING on the front instead of WYO. :roll: That always pissed me off.
I never really cared for the all brown look. Honestly looks like waking turds. My favorite is the gold jersey with brown pants and helmet with a gold steamboat.

I also saw they used the brown pants during the spring game and got rid of the Cowboys down the side. So now all of our pants are generic. I did like DC and his crazy uni combos over tradition. And I like the flywire on the shoulders better than the collar.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Cowboy Junky wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

It's not like it was as a crap season. We made the Fiesta bowl against the defending national champion Sooners. That seems like a pretty solid year to me.
In some ways it was....we lost to both Colorado schools we play yearly. On the flipside, we did beat BYU on their field - would be the last time prior to 1987 which was the last time we win @ BYU ever) and we did beat both Arizona schools before they got their invitations to move up in the world - the PAC-8 in 1978.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Pink Out!