Unis

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Couple weeks back there was some rumblings from the Equipment Department about some cool new digs.... Think they'll look something like this? For the record, these new UNLV unis are sick.
https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/stat ... 6094478336
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Awesome look for the Rebs. Love that red helmet.

One of these days, Wyo will use the helmet in my avatar. Hopefully on a regular basis. Nothing wrong with the white helmet, but also nothing wrong with changing things up.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:Awesome look for the Rebs. Love that red helmet.

One of these days, Wyo will use the helmet in my avatar. Hopefully on a regular basis. Nothing wrong with the white helmet, but also nothing wrong with changing things up.
That helmet you speak of is my favorite. Bums me out we haven't seen it live
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: That helmet you speak of is my favorite. Bums me out we haven't seen it live
That helmet, a new gold jersey, brown pants. Aesthetically, I'd put that up against anything in college football.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: That helmet you speak of is my favorite. Bums me out we haven't seen it live
That helmet, a new gold jersey, brown pants. Aesthetically, I'd put that up against anything in college football.
Oh no doubt
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Please, for the love of god bring back the brown helmet and ditch the duck wing shoulders.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

They had to fire Hauck to get new uniforms.. lol
ImageImageImageImage
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote:Please, for the love of god bring back the brown helmet and ditch the duck wing shoulders.
Yes. Duck wings, sagebrush...borderline satanic symbols. Whatever the hell they are, stop.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Please, for the love of god bring back the brown helmet and ditch the duck wing shoulders.
Yes. Duck wings, sagebrush...borderline satanic symbols. Whatever the hell they are, stop.
If there was one thing DC got right it was the brown helmet. Having said that, I don't think he did it on purpose. He just threw five handfulls of spagetti at the wall and one stuck.

Nice f-word ethics Troy.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:
The design is part of the uniform it's for durability not something they added for looks.
Nike Flywire technology consists of strategically placed filaments that function like cables on a suspension bridge to offer support precisely where it’s needed.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I like whatever 17-18 year old 3 star and 4 star recruits like. I say go with that.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

I know the flywire is for durability but I'm betting yellow flywire isn't any stronger than brown. Yellow flywire is for visibility and that poop looks bad.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:

It is outdated technology that is what it is! I am with you guys on the brown helmets. The only thing I would say is paint them so they look like weathered leather. You want "Cowboy tough?" how about a bunch of guys with their head wrapped in old school leather! LOL
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

It is outdated technology that is what it is! I am with you guys on the brown helmets. The only thing I would say is paint them so they look like weathered leather. You want "Cowboy tough?" how about a bunch of guys with their head wrapped in old school leather! LOL
I know Slow Hand, you need to be sitting down for this......I am agreeing with you as I think that you have a great idea! I really wish that UW would go back to the brown helmets, and paint them to be weathered would be truly original, and denote a toughness, of how guys used to play the game without face masks and without real padding. The tough will win. Great idea! and oh yes, the duck wing shoulders can go lay an egg some where else....they are a fad that has seen its day.

P.S. - What do think are the chances that UW will utilize a brown helmet scheme here in the near future?
Last edited by PotatoCreekPete on Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

PotatoCreekPete wrote:P.S. - What do think are the chances that UW will utilize a borwn helmet scheme here in the near future?
Bohl seemed to latch onto tradition, but he seems like the type of individual who is open minded to new approaches. It could happen.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

PotatoCreekPete wrote:
Slow Hand wrote:
J-Rod wrote:

I know Slow Hand, you need to be sitting down for this......I am agreeing with you as I think that you have a great idea! I really wish that UW would go back to the brown helmets, and paint them to be weathered would be truly original, and denote a toughness, of how guys used to play the game without face masks and without real padding. The tough will win. Great idea! and oh yes, the duck wing shoulders can go lay an egg some where else....they are a fad that has seen its day.

P.S. - What do think are the chances that UW will utilize a borwn helmet scheme here in the near future?
Ha Ha, I am amazed that the earth didn't stop moving when Potato and I agree. I am not sure we will break with tradition until we start winning.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

We could always go back to this jewel. Lol
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

Slow Hand wrote:Image
We could always go back to this jewel. Lol
Wyoming has a long history with the brown helmets. The first game I saw of Wyoming's was the 1976 Fiesta Bowl game against Oklahoma, and Wyoming wore the brown helmets. The gold helmets are ok, but the brown are much better imo.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

I just saw this one siting on Mad Dog's Shelf and though it was interesting. I didn't realize that we ever wore a gold helmet.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Slow Hand wrote:I just saw this one siting on Mad Dog's Shelf and though it was interesting. I didn't realize that we ever wore a gold helmet.
It was worn from 1977-80.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!