Unis

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Wyokie wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:I honestly doubt the brown helmets are coming back. Bohl is a traditionalist and for whatever reason, the white helmet has been the winning tradition. That completely overlooks the tradition of Wyoming having a brown helmet or the tradition of Wyoming having a gold helmet. Those things have occured, but for whatever reason, the people with the dollars think that the white helmet represents Wyoming tradition.
winning tradition? When did we have a winning tradition that had to do with a white helmet?
We won FIVE outright WAC championships (1966, 1967, 1968, 1987, 1988), 1 shared WAC Championship (1993), AND a divisional championship (1996) ALL with the white helmet.

We won only one conference championship with a different colored helmet and it was shared with BYU (& you all know how I feel them!) in 1976 (brown helmet).

I say the white helmets are a tradition. Any questions?
Sorry we have different ideas of the word tradition, Passing something year to year or to a new generation is the meaning of tradition and we haven't passed poop from generations and we sure don't win year after year. So I don't consider anything related to our uniforms as traditional.

The only thing our team as that is traditional is the rivalry with CSU.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:We won one with the Brown and wore it one of hell of a lot less years.
Yeah but we won a hell of a lot more titles with the white helmets besides the greatest logo of ALL time looks a lot better on white. :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:We won one with the Brown and wore it one of hell of a lot less years.
Yeah but we won a hell of a lot more titles with the white helmets besides the greatest logo of ALL time looks a lot better on white. :tickedoff:
We've had a number of helmets over the years. We're never going to agree on what looks best but I have to go with H but if they would have gone with a Gold Steamboat outlined in white it would have been the best I've seen outside of the Nike helm that has only been on a desk.

ImageImage
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
You're going to win more titles when you're wearing a white helmet 90 percent of the time. We haven't won a conference championship since the early 90's and we've been wearing a white helmet the whole time.

I don't agree. I think the gold Steamboat on the brown helmet looks the best by far.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
We've had a number of helmets over the years. We're never going to agree on what looks best but I have to go with H but if they would have gone with a Gold Steamboat outlined in white it would have been the best I've seen outside of the Nike helm that has only been on a desk.

ImageImage
Agreed. H is the best helmet we've worn. Really hope to see the matte brown again
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

C was the worst. Just a blob
W-Y, Until I Die!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I like brown pants over gold, I want to see brown pants with a brown jersey and gold jersey at least once each per season. Also, I like the idea of gold facemasks on a brown helmet with a gold steamboat.

I hope we do a gold rush promo regularly too.

I know it'll never happen with Bohl at the helm, but i'd love to see a blackout for a night game. I think black jerseys with gold and white accents would look badass for a night game, recruits would love it too. Oh well, I can dream...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

cali2wyo wrote:I know it'll never happen with Bohl at the helm, but i'd love to see a blackout for a night game. I think black jerseys with gold and white accents would look badass for a night game, recruits would love it too. Oh well, I can dream...
NO to black!!!. We're not the Raiders!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We've had a white helmet the entire 32 year stretch since the last time we won a conference championship at football.

That superstition/tradition is played out.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote:I like brown pants over gold, I want to see brown pants with a brown jersey and gold jersey at least once each per season. Also, I like the idea of gold facemasks on a brown helmet with a gold steamboat.

I know it'll never happen with Bohl at the helm, but i'd love to see a blackout for a night game. I think black jerseys with gold and white accents would look badass for a night game, recruits would love it too. Oh well, I can dream...
Ya full brown Uniforms with gold cowboys on the legs looked really slick. Also we should never wear all white on national TV every time we do we get beat.

I love that look but need a Gold Steamboat not brown.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyo2dal wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:I like brown pants over gold, I want to see brown pants with a brown jersey and gold jersey at least once each per season. Also, I like the idea of gold facemasks on a brown helmet with a gold steamboat.

Ya full brown Uniforms with gold cowboys on the legs looked really slick. Also we should never wear all white on national TV every time we do we get beat.

I love that look but need a Gold Steamboat not brown.
I like that uni. I agree for the need to have a gold Steamboat.

I love the fact it says WYOMING on the front instead of WYO. :roll: That always pissed me off.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote: Image
I like it, but I think wyoming and cowboys should be the same font and color, either white or gold. Like you said, gold steamboat for sure! I think a gold facemask would look good as well. Or maybe a white steamboat with a white facemask?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

That would be a good with a white helmet?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:That would be a good with a white helmet?
White helmets need to be removed but that is just my opinion. I see nothing traditional about white in fact I see them less since white is supposed to just be our trim color and not primary.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:I know it'll never happen with Bohl at the helm, but i'd love to see a blackout for a night game. I think black jerseys with gold and white accents would look badass for a night game, recruits would love it too. Oh well, I can dream...
So do what, mimic Purdue or Vanderbilt? That's their exact colors.
So again, we want to be unique, but then we want to use color schemes already used? How does that help recruiting?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
So again, we want to be unique, but then we want to use color schemes already used? How does that help recruiting?
Who wants to be unique? You? No one here said anything about unique in fact the majority of us not all are saying use school colors not white. The school colors are Brown and Gold and we wear white more often than brown and gold combined.

In Basketball we have alternate gray and alternate black would be fine if that was the color they decided to go with. Alternates usually only see the court or field once or twice per year. but our main colors should be Brown and Gold with white trim not white with brown and gold trim.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Who wants to be unique? You? No one here said anything about unique in fact the majority of us not all are saying use school colors not white. The school colors are Brown and Gold and we wear white more often than brown and gold combined.

In Basketball we have alternate gray and alternate black would be fine if that was the color they decided to go with. Alternates usually only see the court or field once or twice per year. but our main colors should be Brown and Gold with white trim not white with brown and gold trim.

You'd have to show me the alt black in bball, I've never seen it. We have had the alt gray in football and not many liked it.
And I'm talking overall about our colors not just this thread. We've had dozens of these threads before. Sorry it didn't make sense in this one because it just hadn't been brought up yet.

poop, I know. Why don't we just become the colors of the rainbow school! Every year we change to a different color.
This year, we are the Crimson Cowboys. We can use the Alabama red. Just keep our logo the same so we can be somewhat identified.
Next year; oh yeah! Next year we can be Penn St Blue.
Then K-St. Purple! Oh, I'm lovin this!
This way everyone can have their fav color probably once a decade and then can either legitimately complain about not using different colors enough, or, complain about using too many.
Don't forget the years we do BYU blue and CSU green and gold...
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Currently we're mimicking valparaiso by your logic. We're brown and gold. Why are we using white? Every school in the country is using white, so I guess that means nobody is unique.
Basketball has a gray and a white uniform but no brown one. I don't see an issue there, football should not be different
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

You'd have to show me the alt black in bball, I've never seen it. We have had the alt gray in football and not many liked it.
And I'm talking overall about our colors not just this thread. We've had dozens of these threads before. Sorry it didn't make sense in this one because it just hadn't been brought up yet.

poop, I know. Why don't we just become the colors of the rainbow school! Every year we change to a different color.
This year, we are the Crimson Cowboys. We can use the Alabama red. Just keep our logo the same so we can be somewhat identified.
Next year; oh yeah! Next year we can be Penn St Blue.
Then K-St. Purple! Oh, I'm lovin this!
This way everyone can have their fav color probably once a decade and then can either legitimately complain about not using different colors enough, or, complain about using too many.
Don't forget the years we do BYU blue and CSU green and gold...
I didn't say we have had it, I said if they had decided to use black as an alternate I wouldn't have had a problem with it. Hyperbole much? Asking for school colors instead of white isn't asking for a rainbow I'm not even sure where you are getting that from.

I'd love for you to show me one post where anyone is asking for all of these colors, No one is holy poop all we are asking for is use Brown and Gold and put the white to rest.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We've failed to win a conference championship for 32 years in a row now with a white helmet.

I'm saying change is due. We don't need to change the uniforms every day, but lets get to something traditional with a brown helmet and call it good for the next 32 years.

Brown helmets are a Wyoming tradition. Let's focus on that.

I like this one. The only thing I would change is putting a yellow steamboat/facemask on the helmet. The rest would stay the same, aside from removing the butthole, ugly, duck wings.

National Champions 1943.

I do.