OT: NFL draft and your team's offseason

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Almost lost to both Hawaii :rofl: and Eastern Washington. Only conference wins were against teams who were worse than the Huskies......and yet they had THREE NFL 1st round talent. :rofl:
...and Kikaha, a 1st-team All-American, is still available. Unbelievable.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Last minute rumors going around about just that....Chip selling the farm to grab Marcus at 1.01.
He tried, They offered 3 1st round picks, Bradford and their star Defensive lineman so that was pretty much selling the farm.
If all true and not just rumors, Chip doesn't know what the hell he is doing. A great QB with a decent team won't win you the Super Bowl (Brady-Belichick withstanding). A great team with a decent QB will.

Ditka sent New Orleans in a tailspin with a similar antic and the Ricky Williams debacle.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:Chris Petersen is getting blasted on Twitter. He had a national championship caliber roster and lost 6 games. Could have been more.
Perfect illustration of a culture issue. Definitely takes more than a year to fix that, but damn, you would think he would have done a little better with that much talent.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Perfect illustration of a culture issue. Definitely takes more than a year to fix that, but damn, you would think he would have done a little better with that much talent.
I'm not a believer in those type of excuses. One of his 1st-team AA defenders had 19 sacks. Was he just not meshing with their culture? :lol: They had a team poised to win it all and nearly lost to Hawaii and Eastern Washington. Horrible coaching job by him and his staff.

At least Bohl can point to talent issues, and some his positives shined through anyway. WTF is their excuse?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Meh, new coaches mean new schemes. PAC was decent. Their losses were against decent teams for the most part. A few close wins are still wins. That roster wouldn't have won the PAC with U. Meyer. Meyer would have won a few m more but still would have dropped some.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I'd love for the Vikings to draft some guy named Mark Nzeocha in the 7th round. He's got a cool name...I wonder if he's any good.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Last minute rumors going around about just that....Chip selling the farm to grab Marcus at 1.01.
He tried, They offered 3 1st round picks, Bradford and their star Defensive lineman so that was pretty much selling the farm.
If all true and not just rumors, Chip doesn't know what the hell he is doing. A great QB with a decent team won't win you the Super Bowl (Brady-Belichick withstanding). A great team with a decent QB will.

Ditka sent New Orleans in a tailspin with a similar antic and the Ricky Williams debacle.
We'll have to agree to disagree, Eagles are one great QB away from the Superbowl. Games they lost last year had to do with not being able to score when they needed to.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote:I'd love for the Vikings to draft some guy named Mark Nzeocha in the 7th round. He's got a cool name...I wonder if he's any good.
Except Denver, just a couple hours down the road, has already expressed a lot of interest in him.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:I'd love for the Vikings to draft some guy named Mark Nzeocha in the 7th round. He's got a cool name...I wonder if he's any good.
Except Denver, just a couple hours down the road, has already expressed a lot of interest in him.
I'd like to see him on any roster he plays hard and deserves a chance.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Glad to see Mannion go in the 3rd round.

I like Denver's picks so far.

Kind of wanted the Broncos to get Mannion but oh well.

I can't believe Kelly did all that work and ended up missing on the trade for Mariota. Why get rid of Foles if you wanted to make that trade to the Titans???
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
I'd like to see him on any roster he plays hard and deserves a chance.
Also has good speed and a really good tackler. It became painfully apparent when he went down about what he could do.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

The entire Eagles offer for 2nd round pick to get Mariota.
In the end, the Eagles just didn’t have enough to entice Tennessee into trading down. Philadelphia’s offer reportedly included two first-rounders, a third-rounder, and a package of players that included some combination of Sam Bradford, Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks, and Brandon Boykin.
That is a huge offer and I'm actually shocked that they turned it down.