CBS Drops MW Title game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote:any OTA channel is better than a cabel channel. CBS is better than even ESPN. But with the trade to ESPN2 we got a better timeslot so its a good trade. But now we will be going against bigger conference championship games in the same timeslot so our viewership will likely take a hit.
Great point. Looking at last year's times, we'd now be just 30-45 minutes before the start of the ACC and Big Ten championships. And both of those are OTA.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
billings
Ranch Hand

The CBS broadcast was not really a national broadcast and many cities especially in the east did not show the MWC game anyway. Add in a late night start in a cold stadium and I doubt anyone in the East watched it and fan turnout was poor given the cold.

Frankly It is a big win for the MWC and now the game will at least be shown nationally for a change.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/05/1 ... .html?rh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Broadcast tv is much much better than any cable.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

All things considered, it was the best case scenario. The better time slot will have lots of benefits. Hopefully, we can generate a little interest, but this conference is on its last breath in terms of relevancy (if the breath isn't already gone).

We really need to start capitalizing on this "auto-bid drama" to generate national appeal.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.