CBS Drops MW Title game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

https://twitter.com/IDS_BroncoBeat/stat ... 7017752576 Could be good or bad, Good we move to ESPN bad we get picked up by some poop network.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

https://twitter.com/IDS_BroncoBeat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check the BSU beat writers timeline for more info.

Wyoming vs. B1G in the Armed Forces Bowl? Much better than some of the other MW bowls.

I know Wyo2Dal and other Arizonians will love this new Zona Bowl.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Bad in my opinion. We were on CBS main network. I don't want to go to ESPN and given a poop time slot. Liked being before or after the SEC championship game. That was nice. Wonder where we will end up.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

TSpoke wrote:Bad in my opinion. We were on CBS main network. I don't want to go to ESPN and given a poop time slot. Liked being before or after the SEC championship game. That was nice. Wonder where we will end up.
CBS Sports was too limited of a network, poop time spot on a national network beats the poop out of prime time on a network no one gets.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
TSpoke wrote:Bad in my opinion. We were on CBS main network. I don't want to go to ESPN and given a poop time slot. Liked being before or after the SEC championship game. That was nice. Wonder where we will end up.
CBS Sports was too limited of a network, poop time spot on a national network beats the poop out of prime time on a network no one gets.
I think you may be confused. CBS sports had the rights to the game, but it was broadcast on CBS, NOT on CBS sports network. Everybody with a tv gets CBS, CBS sports network is the network I think you're referring to that "no one gets". Mountain west championship game was on national tv immediately following the SEC title game, pretty awesome time slot. I'd be surprised if we get something better
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
I think you may be confused. CBS sports had the rights to the game, but it was broadcast on CBS, NOT on CBS sports network. Everybody with a tv gets CBS, CBS sports network is the network I think you're referring to that "no one gets". Mountain west championship game was on national tv immediately following the SEC title game, pretty awesome time slot. I'd be surprised if we get something better
So they only showed the MW Title game for Basketball on that poop network?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
We're talking about football here.... But if you want to talk about basketball tournament tv coverage I'll chip in too.

If we wouldn't have won the tourney, the mountain west would have only received 2 bids. If only 2 teams are ncaa tourney worthy, why the hell would a network want to broadcast anything but the final? Frankly I'm impressed the tournament got the tv time it did. And the championship Basketball game was on cbs as well....

But anyways, this topic refers to the football championship game
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
We're talking about football here.... But if you want to talk about basketball tournament tv coverage I'll chip in too.

If we wouldn't have won the tourney, the mountain west would have only received 2 bids. If only 2 teams are ncaa tourney worthy, why the hell would a network want to broadcast anything but the final? Frankly I'm impressed the tournament got the tv time it did. And the championship Basketball game was on cbs as well....

But anyways, this topic refers to the football championship game
I was talking about the broadcast channel it was on, Since I was there I don't know what station it was on. Wasn't talking about how it went down or anything else.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
The MW title game in basketball was also on the regualr CBS I beleive. the other rounds were on CBS sports.

That being said for the most part I don't mind CBS sports. Coverage and quality of broadcasts is great but don't want premier games on it. Title games in both sports were on main CBS.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 143 times

Cbs sports has become a regular sports channel for me just as nbcsn has too since it covers lots of hockey. These channels are available on directv without a sports pack. I'm thinking most Americans have these channels by now
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

laxwyo wrote:Cbs sports has become a regular sports channel for me just as nbcsn has too since it covers lots of hockey. These channels are available on directv without a sports pack. I'm thinking most Americans have these channels by now
As a cord cutter I can get NBCSN, but not CBS Sports. They need to get on the streaming bandwagon before football season starts!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Ya I have to pay extra for CBS Sports it's not a channel included in our cable package. I'd cut the cord but my roommates would be confused as hell trying to do anything.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

This sucks. I liked being on CBS (not CBSS), but we were a straight up ratings flop. It was the lowest rated and least watched telecast of the CBS season. The time slot sucked, so the positive is that hopefully we will get an earlier game for the championship.

I wonder if this was part of the suggestion to move to #1 vs #2? Ah well, back to being ESPN's little bitch. Maybe we will get a Friday night championship game.

This conference needs to turn around. We don't have the population base to support ratings when we are as craptastic as we are. If we don't start becoming more relevant (as a conference) and soon we are going to die a slow death.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Picked up by ESPN 2 better time slot better everything pretty much.
https://twitter.com/mountainwest/status ... 1482441729
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyo2dal wrote:Picked up by ESPN 2 better time slot better everything pretty much.
https://twitter.com/mountainwest/status ... 1482441729
Better timeslot for sure. Not better channel. CBS is better than ESPN2. But overall its good. A lot better than what I was expecting. I wonder how much the conference is getting for it. Probably less than what we were getting.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

I think it's a better channel as well, Sports fans tend to watch ESPN first and other networks second and ESPN2 isn't really the daughter channel like it use to be it's opposite. ESPN 2 is sports programming and ESPN is all about talk shows and other random crap.

Now if it was on ESPN U I would agree but most of our games have been on ESPN 2 anyway.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

wooooooooooo!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

any OTA channel is better than a cabel channel. CBS is better than even ESPN. But with the trade to ESPN2 we got a better timeslot so its a good trade. But now we will be going against bigger conference championship games in the same timeslot so our viewership will likely take a hit.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

ESPN drives the bus, and that's too bad CBS Sports have better commentators in my opinion, oh well we move along
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Looks like we will be getting more money than we previously had. Looks like it is a very good deal overall. More money better time slot.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/05/1 ... game.html#