O T Brady responds

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Wyo2dal wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Wyokie wrote:I do agree that the Patriots aren't the only team that has done this. NFL teams are far back as the 1930s & 1940s have done things that would be considered cheating in today's world. Only reason Brady & Patriots are getting slammed for this is A ) lots of people HATE the Patriots and Brady and B ) the NFL wants to appease those "people" after the black eyes it gotten for Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, etc...
Fact. Couldn't say it better myself. If this was the Bills no one would care. It would have been the standard $25,000 fine and swept under the rug. Haters gon hate!
Thank you. A idiot could figure it out Hell...CSU grads could figure it out!!! :roll:
Well duh the Bills didn't win the Superbowl.
LOL Even when they had Thurman Thomas and Jim Kelly they couldn't win it...Four straight years! :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:Meh...this is a minor issue to me. With or without a slightly deflated ball, Brady is a great QB. Yeah, maybe he is a cheating SOB, but I can almost guarantee you that every team in the league cheats in some fashion. Peyton Manning has certainly been one that has had rumors of having a slightly deflated ball as well. Lots of guys use PAM or some other agent to make their jerseys greasy. Stealing signs, recording practice, etc. it happens everywhere. The Pats are just dumb enough to get caught...and successful enough to warrant suspicion. The league needs to just make it so the refs control the footballs at all times.
This. Or just let the QBs inflate the balls to whatever the hell they want. I couldn't care less about this. And I dislike the Patriots and Brady very much but can't seem to work up any F#@%s to give. I think every team soes poop like this and I don't care.
This is just a ploy to keep us talking about the NFL. God forbid we have a week go by without the NFL being the main story. I enjoy watching the NFL on Sunday in the fall but I am getting burned out on everything NFL all the time. They even had a 2 hour special about releasing the schedule. And we already basically knew who every team was going to be playing. This is the first year I didn't watch a minute of the NFL Draft.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

TSpoke wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Meh...this is a minor issue to me. With or without a slightly deflated ball, Brady is a great QB. Yeah, maybe he is a cheating SOB, but I can almost guarantee you that every team in the league cheats in some fashion. Peyton Manning has certainly been one that has had rumors of having a slightly deflated ball as well. Lots of guys use PAM or some other agent to make their jerseys greasy. Stealing signs, recording practice, etc. it happens everywhere. The Pats are just dumb enough to get caught...and successful enough to warrant suspicion. The league needs to just make it so the refs control the footballs at all times.
This. Or just let the QBs inflate the balls to whatever the hell they want. I couldn't care less about this. And I dislike the Patriots and Brady very much but can't seem to work up any F#@%s to give. I think every team soes poop like this and I don't care.
This is just a ploy to keep us talking about the NFL. God forbid we have a week go by without the NFL being the main story. I enjoy watching the NFL on Sunday in the fall but I am getting burned out on everything NFL all the time. They even had a 2 hour special about releasing the schedule. And we already basically knew who every team was going to be playing. This is the first year I didn't watch a minute of the NFL Draft.

A particular NBA owner in Texas agrees with you regarding an over-saturation. :whistle:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

BJC wrote:
TSpoke wrote:

A particular NBA owner in Texas agrees with you regarding an over-saturation. :whistle:
Let me take a shot in the dark on the name....Mark Cuban. :roll: Sadly he's right.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

And no, I am neither a Brady or a Patriots fan
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

If that was only why it was being questioned but it's multiple offenses over the years.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyo2dal wrote:If that was only why it was being questioned but it's multiple offenses over the years.
You really hate him, don't you? I actually like him and the Patriots. Although Belichick rubs me the wrong way.

Only negative I have on Brady...his wife. She's not that good-looking. I've seen half decent chicks in Wyoming that look better than her.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:If that was only why it was being questioned but it's multiple offenses over the years.
You really hate him, don't you? I actually like him and the Patriots. Although Belichick rubs me the wrong way.

Only negative I have on Brady...his wife. She's not that good-looking. I've seen half decent chicks in Wyoming that look better than her.
Hate is a strong word, Probably the wrong one but you can't deny he has been involved in numerous questionable scenarios.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Wyo2dal wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

Hate is a strong word, Probably the wrong one but you can't deny he has been involved in numerous questionable scenarios.
True...but as I said before. Everyone in the NFL has done this. Rumors are flying that Tampa Bay did something similar during their Super Bowl appearance (XXXVII) vs. Oakland and no one within the NFL gave a damned back then. This is just a witch hunt by the NFL to appease the masses who hates Brady, Belichick, and the Patriots.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

True...but as I said before. Everyone in the NFL has done this. Rumors are flying that Tampa Bay did something similar during their Super Bowl appearance (XXXVII) vs. Oakland and no one within the NFL gave a damned back then. This is just a witch hunt by the NFL to appease the masses who hates Brady, Belichick, and the Patriots.
We can agree to disagree on the reason.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

laxwyo wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
laxwyo wrote:I don't know how people can say it didn't Impact the game. Perhaps his throws are off by even a fraction due to a poor grip. Every pass could have had a different outcome due to such short windows in the pros. It's no different than a pitcher doctoring a ball even for one batter. That one batter could alter the whole game. And Brady did it for the whole game!
Pats controlled both lines and rammed it down the Colts' throat. Game wasn't close in any capacity. Pats dominated and air didn't matter.
Maybe they don't dominate if Brady can't throw the ball as well. See how that could work? A pitcher that gets an extra 1/2" break on every pitch is the difference between home run and fly out
We apparently watched different games. In the game I watched, the Patriots could have had Ray Charles at QB and still won.

It didn't impact the outcome of the game.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
cowboyz
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

I don't think it's a witch hunt against Bradley, hell, he's one of the NFLs top attractions. I think they've been criticized for being too soft on players, so this latest high profile infraction made them get tough. To the NFL what happens at game time is more important than smackin' someone around in an elevator or taking part in recreational drugs. They can't control things away from the game, so they sure as hell need to try and control things during the game, as that's their product. They have a good thing going and with the media (and normal folks with cell phones) catching everything these days, they'll be on their toes going forward.

Regardless of what Bradley or the equipment guys did, it's cheating, it's wrong. That's why there are rules to the game. If you jump offside, you move back 5 yards, etc. If you get caught "personalizing the equipment" you get some rest and a fine. Play by the rules and all is okay. Break them and you may catch some poop. What's next, can you water log your opponents balls, turn on the sprinklers after you've kicked off to them, plow a snow covered field for your place kicker, but not their's. These may be far fetched examples, but I use them only to make my point.

I don't hate Bradley or the Patriots. They're good fun to watch. I'd just like them to play by the rules that they are involved in creating, just as I'd like all teams to do.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

cowboyz wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

What's next, can you water log your opponents balls, turn on the sprinklers after you've kicked off to them, plow a snow covered field for your place kicker, but not their's. These may be far fetched examples, but I use them only to make my point.
Uhhh...were you being facetious or for real, because this one has already happened...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09 ... wplow-game

And, ironically, it was the Patriots that did it. :lol:
Landiegopoke
Ranch Hand

Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
laxwyo wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
laxwyo wrote:I don't know how people can say it didn't Impact the game. Perhaps his throws are off by even a fraction due to a poor grip. Every pass could have had a different outcome due to such short windows in the pros. It's no different than a pitcher doctoring a ball even for one batter. That one batter could alter the whole game. And Brady did it for the whole game!
Pats controlled both lines and rammed it down the Colts' throat. Game wasn't close in any capacity. Pats dominated and air didn't matter.
Maybe they don't dominate if Brady can't throw the ball as well. See how that could work? A pitcher that gets an extra 1/2" break on every pitch is the difference between home run and fly out
We apparently watched different games. In the game I watched, the Patriots could have had Ray Charles at QB and still won.

It didn't impact the outcome of the game.
That's the problem, been going on for more than one game! And he lied about the one game, imagine if they investigate the last 10 years. Cheater!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Wyolie Coyote wrote: That's the problem, been going on for more than one game! And he lied about the one game, imagine if they investigate the last 10 years. Cheater!
Oh I don't disagree and think he and the Pats should have received a harsher penalty. I'm not sure if the Pats cheat more or are just bad at it :lol: Either way, they were busted on several occasions so they should be heavily penalized. I state that above in more than one post.

As much as I believe he and they should be punished, I also don't believe in that particular case it impacted the game.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Looks like they are appealing the suspension, etc
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

BJC wrote:Looks like they are appealing the suspension, etc
No surprise there.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

I think the deadline was midnight so it had to come today