ESPN PREVIEW

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/ ... ys-preview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ugh
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Although I am not overly optimistic, every media hack is relying on predictions like everyone else. Meaning, we don't know what Coffman will be like. We don't know what the defense will be like. I thought we competed in several games last year, and we have guys back, but upgraded our QB. Our O cannot be any worse than last year.

I am still thinking we make great strides in off season and finish .500.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

that was a horrible preview, just stupid. #IGNORE
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I don't even consider that a review. That was extremely weak!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Not questioning the actual review but how do we go from a spread team to "ground zero" in the WR department after one season? That was the first question that came to mind but yes.....we weren't that good last year. We may have showed signs etc...AF Fresno...one quarter against the ducks....hopefully we surprise some folks.

rambling :whistle:

edit "we weren't that good" was referring to the whole team not just WR's
Last edited by BJC on Thu May 21, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Not really going to ground zero in the WR department. Three of the top 5 receivers return....maybe better than that. Gentry and Maulhart will be solid. Hollister will take his game to the next level. Until last year, TE catching a pass was almost unheard of in Wyoming's spread offense.

I really like the crop of incoming freshman. Could be a couple guys who might be able to play early.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Of the returning WRs, I don't see any obvious WR1 types. Lots of "role" players. I think Johnson will be starting by the season's end. Murphy might too.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:Of the returning WRs, I don't see any obvious WR1 types. Lots of "role" players. I think Johnson will be starting by the season's end. Murphy might too.
Maybe because they didn't have a QB1 last year to toss them the ball. Coffman will make them all better receivers.