Uniforms

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

Winged helmet like Princeton.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I've always liked the uniforms we wore in 2006 when we curb stomped Utah at home.

Brown and brown. Try to find the brown football y'all!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Best uniforms we ever wore. Thread closed!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Image

:rofl:
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Best uniforms my ass!!!!

1987-96 were the best ones plus they have WYOMING on the front, not WYO!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote:

Best uniforms my ass!!!!

1987-96 were the best ones plus they have WYOMING on the front, not WYO!
Negative. These ones have grey and camo. :rofl: :thumb: :cry:

All kidding aside, I sincerely miss the uniforms of CDC era. Not because they were anything terribly special but because we had combinations and could make ourselves unique. I HATE one home combination and one road combination. I hate it. Don't give me "tradition" BS or anything like that. We don't have a tradition tied to a uniform. Hell, Alabama has tradition and their uniforms are PISS POOR. Theres are worse than ours. Bring back the option and combos!

And on a side note, I will go to my grave proclaiming that the Matte Brown helmet options were the best. There is no equal. I like the current white ones but the brown ones were so badass.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:And on a side note, I will go to my grave proclaiming that the Matte Brown helmet options were the best. There is no equal.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

As someone who has shown support for the traditional white helmets, let me say this:

I like the matte brown look. However, I don't like the oversized Steamboat decal. That's one fad I hope doesn't stay in college football for long.

I like this helmet, though I think the decal trim would look better white (or white Steamboat with yellow trim):

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Must be the off-season. We are about to get into a month long discussion of uniforms, tradition, recruiting, kids today caring too much about fashion, not wanting players that care about swag, want hard-nosed kids. I remember this same discussion last year. :lol:
But honestly, Im fine with the current uniforms and combos but I did love the Brown helmet. I actually think My favorite of the brown was the original matte brown helmet with brown steamboat. Was a little strange but I thought it looked cool.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Not a fan of matte. Don't like matte cars and certainly don't like matte football helmets.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

My favorite combo was the up above helmet (I like the Gold Steamboat), Gold jersey, and Brown pants. Gave the players the old leatherhead look, you know? Just looked cool.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

LanderPoke wrote:Not a fan of matte. Don't like matte cars and certainly don't like matte football helmets.
Same here. White helmets so you can see a normal sized Steamboat logo is a must.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!