Uniforms

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

After looking at the countdown pictures can anyone tell me why we stopped wearing those awesome Uni's from the joe Glenn era. Malcolm Floyd picture those were my favorite. Why are we using ugly yellow and not gold?
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Mtpoke89 wrote:After looking at the countdown pictures can anyone tell me why we stopped wearing those awesome Uni's from the joe Glenn era. Malcolm Floyd picture those were my favorite. Why are we using ugly yellow and not gold?
Prairie Gold sucked.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Yellow or gold is okay with me. But, I prefer the brown home jerseys. Mainly because that's what I have. :lol:

Overall...I don't care what they wear as long as they win!
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Mtpoke89
Ranch Hand

I'm probley just biased the prairie gold uniforms where my high school years. I thought they were the coolest jerseys in the country they looked slick to me the bucking horse fit good with that color scheme. But year your right I guess it doesn't matter as long as we win. I'm getting excited for this year with 2 of the best running backs in the conference and nation. I hope it will be a enjoyable year. Go pokes!
The Virginian
Cowpoke

Here's what I grew up with...

This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I was never so happy to see the "Prairie Gold" go away. That color just didn't sit right with me, looked too much like cs-ewe and cu's gold on their uniforms. Best uniforms we ever had were the late 80's through mid 90's ones.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I don't mind the prairie gold, but I'm partial to that because it more closely resembles my alma mater's color scheme (brown and Vegas gold).
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

GoPokes86 wrote:I was never so happy to see the "Prairie Gold" go away. That color just didn't sit right with me, looked too much like cs-ewe and cu's gold on their uniforms. Best uniforms we ever had were the late 80's through mid 90's ones.
Totally agree. 1987-96 uniforms rocked!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Mtpoke89 wrote:I'm probley just biased the prairie gold uniforms where my high school years. I thought they were the coolest jerseys in the country they looked slick to me the bucking horse fit good with that color scheme. But year your right I guess it doesn't matter as long as we win. I'm getting excited for this year with 2 of the best running backs in the conference and nation. I hope it will be a enjoyable year. Go pokes!
Fair enough. The Prairie Gold was during my time at UW and I absolutely loathed it.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

My only request is that on the front of the uniforms it needs to say WYOMING, not WYO. I absolutely hate that!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Subcanis wrote:
Mtpoke89 wrote:I'm probley just biased the prairie gold uniforms where my high school years. I thought they were the coolest jerseys in the country they looked slick to me the bucking horse fit good with that color scheme. But year your right I guess it doesn't matter as long as we win. I'm getting excited for this year with 2 of the best running backs in the conference and nation. I hope it will be a enjoyable year. Go pokes!
Fair enough. The Prairie Gold was during my time at UW and I absolutely loathed it.
They made that change my freshman year at UW.. it wasn't well received.
ImageImageImageImage
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I'm going to get crucified, but I liked old school in the old school. I don't like it now. Prairie gold wasn't the answer, but I do think we need to update our unis and perhaps, gasp, colors. To me, it looks like we try our hardest to replicate the 1980s Padres...

I'm all about what recruits like not what a bunch of old bastards like. Unfortunately, I'm an old bastard, so I can't provide much helpful input on what would be better :D
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I'm going to get crucified, but I liked old school in the old school. I don't like it now. Prairie gold wasn't the answer, but I do think we need to update our unis and perhaps, gasp, colors. To me, it looks like we try our hardest to replicate the 1980s Padres...

I'm all about what recruits like not what a bunch of old bastards like. Unfortunately, I'm an old bastard, so I can't provide much helpful input on what would be better :D
I agree with you and I do get crucified for loving the 1987-96 uniforms.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I'm going to get crucified, but I liked old school in the old school. I don't like it now. Prairie gold wasn't the answer, but I do think we need to update our unis and perhaps, gasp, colors. To me, it looks like we try our hardest to replicate the 1980s Padres...

The helmet in my avatar as the primary helmet. Guarantee that would provide positive PR to the program and future recruits. White helmets rarely go well in football. I think it's time Wyoming give a metallic brown a shot.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

J-Rod wrote:

The helmet in my avatar as the primary helmet. Guarantee that would provide positive PR to the program and future recruits. White helmets rarely go well in football. I think it's time Wyoming give a metallic brown a shot.
:puke: NO THANK YOU.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: :puke: NO THANK YOU.
Oh, you hate it? That's great news, good chance the kids will love it.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:The helmet in my avatar as the primary helmet. Guarantee that would provide positive PR to the program and future recruits. White helmets rarely go well in football. I think it's time Wyoming give a metallic brown a shot.
How does a helmet provide positive PR to a program?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote: How does a helmet provide positive PR to a program?
Through media recognition. People would notice. Also, because it looks awesome, which will endear to recruits.
Brew_Poke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 2 times

The Virginian wrote:Here's what I grew up with...

What side did you fight on in the Civil War?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Brew_Poke wrote:What side did you fight on in the Civil War?
:rofl: :rofl: