12 weeks til kickoff! 12 reasons Wyo wins this year.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

12 Saturdays until Wyoming Cowboy football kicks-off.

12 reasons Wyoming will succeed this season:

1. Schedule. Teams like North Dakota, Appy State, Eastern Michigan, the weak half of the West Division, a down CSU in Laramie.

2. QB play. We have a QB who although is not great, has real D1 experience, and has been in the Bohl system for 2 years now. Coffman will know the offense, know the WRs, know Wyoming football.

3. RUN GAME! Wick and Hill. Do I really need to elaborate?

4. Advanced speed on the defense. Bohl made it a point to improve the speed of the defense, and he did so by recruiting and some position changes. The defense probably won't be the best in the MWC, but it will be improved, and with better speed they should be able to close some gaps that existed last year.

5. Duval and his strength and conditioning. Last offseason was interesting because the players were talking about how worn out they were. This last winter was different, they just showed up to do their workouts instead of being beaten down by them. The team will be much stronger and tougher this year.

6. Bohl isn't implementing his system, it's already there. The freshmen only know Bohl, the sophomores only know Bohl, the juniors will have spent 2/3 of their time at Wyo under Bohl, and the seniors will have spent half their time at Wyo under Bohl.

7. The team will improve on the bright spots from last season such as the win at Fresno, and the overall defensive play of the Utah State game. Those were signs of what was to come under Bohl, and now there will be more of those moments, and they will be even better.

8. Key players in the secondary. Uso on the line, Wacha at LB, and Finley in the secondary. There is some balance to the team on the defense.

9. Attrition is happening, leaving the better players, and the ones who could not hang are gone.

10. Bohl isn't one to play second fiddle. He saw how the University, City of Laramie, and State of Wyoming reacted to Shyatt winning a MWC Championship, he wants to share some of the praises as well.

11. Expectations. Some say year 1 is for changing the culture, year 2 is for setting the expectations, and year 3 is for the final product. This team will have their goal, and they know they can get their goal. They have the expectations of showing up, practicing and playing tough. They know what they need to do.

12. It's time for Wyoming to win again! WE NEED IT!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

LOL there's positive BP. Wonder where he disappeared to.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

J-Rod wrote:LOL there's positive BP. Wonder where he disappeared to.
:thumb:

I've been super busy lately, and now that summer time is starting and they are starting to talk about college football on sports radio, it's that time of the year where I project the Beavers to the Rose Bowl and the Cowboys to a NY6 game.

Missing Laramie right about now too. Summer time in Laradise is awesome. Not that Corvallis isn't, I just got too much Wyo in me to not miss it.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

BeaverPoke wrote:
J-Rod wrote:LOL there's positive BP. Wonder where he disappeared to.
:thumb:

I've been super busy lately, and now that summer time is starting and they are starting to talk about college football on sports radio, it's that time of the year where I project the Beavers to the Rose Bowl and the Cowboys to a NY6 game.

Missing Laramie right about now too. Summer time in Laradise is awesome. Not that Corvallis isn't, I just got too much Wyo in me to not miss it.
I have similar feelings towards Oklahoma City where I am. It's a good place to be but aint home. Home is Casper and the Great State of Wyoming. :D
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

BeaverPoke wrote:12 Saturdays until Wyoming Cowboy football kicks-off.

12 reasons Wyoming will succeed this season:

1. Schedule. Teams like North Dakota, Appy State, Eastern Michigan, the weak half of the West Division, a down CSU in Laramie.

2. QB play. We have a QB who although is not great, has real D1 experience, and has been in the Bohl system for 2 years now. Coffman will know the offense, know the WRs, know Wyoming football.

3. RUN GAME! Wick and Hill. Do I really need to elaborate?

4. Advanced speed on the defense. Bohl made it a point to improve the speed of the defense, and he did so by recruiting and some position changes. The defense probably won't be the best in the MWC, but it will be improved, and with better speed they should be able to close some gaps that existed last year.

5. Duval and his strength and conditioning. Last offseason was interesting because the players were talking about how worn out they were. This last winter was different, they just showed up to do their workouts instead of being beaten down by them. The team will be much stronger and tougher this year.

6. Bohl isn't implementing his system, it's already there. The freshmen only know Bohl, the sophomores only know Bohl, the juniors will have spent 2/3 of their time at Wyo under Bohl, and the seniors will have spent half their time at Wyo under Bohl.

7. The team will improve on the bright spots from last season such as the win at Fresno, and the overall defensive play of the Utah State game. Those were signs of what was to come under Bohl, and now there will be more of those moments, and they will be even better.

8. Key players in the secondary. Uso on the line, Wacha at LB, and Finley in the secondary. There is some balance to the team on the defense.

9. Attrition is happening, leaving the better players, and the ones who could not hang are gone.

10. Bohl isn't one to play second fiddle. He saw how the University, City of Laramie, and State of Wyoming reacted to Shyatt winning a MWC Championship, he wants to share some of the praises as well.

11. Expectations. Some say year 1 is for changing the culture, year 2 is for setting the expectations, and year 3 is for the final product. This team will have their goal, and they know they can get their goal. They have the expectations of showing up, practicing and playing tough. They know what they need to do.

12. It's time for Wyoming to win again! WE NEED IT!
Walk down memory lane for BeaverPoke :)
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Hindsight is always 20-20. Like anybody could have imagined the team would be this much dog poop.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

At least I was kinda right with #3.

This is brutal.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

as Homer Simpson would say "DOH"
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

BeaverPoke wrote:At least I was kinda right with #3.

This is brutal.
Only half right lol, I feel bad for Wick. You're right on #12, but unfortunately no matter how bad we need to win, it's not gonna happen