Brett Smith update

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

5 for 6 for 99 yards and a TD but his Saskatchewan Roughriders fell to Edmonton 31-24 in their first preseason game of the year. See link. http://cfl.ca/statistics/statsGame/id/12839" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Also, 3 rushes for 8 yards.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Awesome. I hope he sticks.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

5 of 6 for 99 yards and a TD? Good job Brett! Hope you are able to stay on!
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

Highlights: http://cfl.ca/video/index/id/111163/autostart/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Per twitter, he seemed to have impressed folks. He was better than expected.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

Good for Brett. Hopefully he gets some more playing time. That touchdown pass was classic Brett Smith, scramble, improvise, and put one right on the money. Might have to tune in to a few Saskatchewan games if they're on ESPN this summer.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

GoPokes86 wrote:Good for Brett. Hopefully he gets some more playing time. That touchdown pass was classic Brett Smith, scramble, improvise, and put one right on the money. Might have to tune in to a few Saskatchewan games if they're on ESPN this summer.
Agreed. It would be fun seeing him play again.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

I hope someone can get all his CFL plays and throw them together on youtube.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Good for him! I hope he excels up there. If he can get a little more velocity on the ball, he might find his way south.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

GoPokes86 wrote:Good for Brett. Hopefully he gets some more playing time. That touchdown pass was classic Brett Smith, scramble, improvise, and put one right on the money. Might have to tune in to a few Saskatchewan games if they're on ESPN this summer.
Thought the same thing. Thought I was watching a UW highlight for a second, was confused by the uniform. :lol:
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyogogo
Buckaroo

http://www.riderville.com/video/index/id/111263" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a cool little segment they did on him. Thought maybe some people might want to see it.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyogogo wrote:http://www.riderville.com/video/index/id/111263

Here's a cool little segment they did on him. Thought maybe some people might want to see it.
Looks like he has really grown up in the last year and a half. Not that he wasn't mature at Wyoming but in that interview I saw another level. Good luck to him.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Seeing him escape the defender and then find the open receiver downfield was great to see again. And his interview was awesome. Good luck in the CFL Brett!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Smith will always be one of my favorite Cowboys. Looking back, we all think (including him) that he probably should've stayed for Sr season. But, what's done is done and I hope he excels whatever he does. He was a great kid who worked his butt off for UW.

He stays his Senior year and the Pokes win 2-3 more games without a doubt. Happy to see him get some playing time. I hope it pans out. CFL is better than AFL for a career.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Get em Brett, tear up the CFL
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

Brett Smith ran for a 1-yard TD as his Saskatchewan Roughriders fell to the Calgary Stampeders 37-29 in preseason action. Link. http://cfl.ca/statistics/statsGame/id/12847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

He's playing hard, but his team just isn't winning (now where have we seen that before?). Regardless, here's to Brett continuing his success and that he gets more chances to show off what he can do!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I saw Kongo was playing for the same team. Hope they both succeed.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Those are just pre season games. Teams are just trying a bunch of different players out like in the nfl pre season. Games don't mean anything so the fact they are losing is no big deal right now.

Be interesting to see how much playing time Brett will get during the regular season and how he does. Hope he can win the starting job at some point.

Glenn and Durant have both been playing in the CFL for while and both have been successful at different points so it won't be easy for Brett but he has a lot more years ahead of him than Glenn or Durant and QB's seem to get hurt a lot in the CFL so maybe he will get a shot at some point this year to start.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

Kongo had a tackle on special teams in that game, too.