Theo Dawson update

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
wyadventurer25
Buckaroo

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Theo! Come suit up for the Brown and Gold
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Article reads like he wants something bigger/better than UW.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

kdwrightuwyo wrote:Article reads like he wants something bigger/better than UW.
Thats the exact impression I got too. Laramie isnt good enough for him... Another Tevis Bartlett?
wyadventurer25
Buckaroo

To be fair on Theo, here's what he said about Wyoming back in April after they had recently offered. Hard to say where he stands. http://trib.com/sports/high-school/foot ... 441a5.html
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

If BYU offers I'm sure he goes there. He doesn't seem interested in WYO that much at all. If no other school comes calling like he wants, he might choose WYO. Idk...
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

If he isn't that excited about being a Wyoming Cowboy, he might as well look elsewhere because Coach Bohl will not be that excited about him.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

WYCowboy wrote:If he isn't that excited about being a Wyoming Cowboy, he might as well look elsewhere because Coach Bohl will not be that excited about him.
Spot on!

There are more than 1 million high school athletes playing football...and of those 1 million, roughly 70,000 go on to & make it playing college football (all levels).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

good luck to him. If he doesn't want to play for the home state team then I could care less where he ends up. Brown and Gold or get gone.

Go Pokes!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:good luck to him. If he doesn't want to play for the home state team then I could care less where he ends up. Brown and Gold or get gone.

Go Pokes!!
+1. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Dang guys, calm down. I bet you're really convincing him to come to be a Cowboy
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

His dad played for BYU so anything is possible....... LOL
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Hard to question the desire to play in the pac 12 and byu has a huge advantage as well as even Utah st. So yeah it will be tough to get him but he should be a huge focus. Where does his recruitment by Utah schools and others stand? Did the camp tours get him anywhere? Does wyo get big respect in Jackson?

I know this is an old thread but is there any inside info from anyone?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:If he isn't that excited about being a Wyoming Cowboy, he might as well look elsewhere because Coach Bohl will not be that excited about him.
Spot on!

There are more than 1 million high school athletes playing football...and of those 1 million, roughly 70,000 go on to & make it playing college football (all levels).

And we are clearly in a spot where we can turn away talent because we can just get somebody else :roll:
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

JimmyDimes wrote:good luck to him. If he doesn't want to play for the home state team then I could care less where he ends up. Brown and Gold or get gone.

Go Pokes!!
You da man, Jimmy. Exactly how I feel. Don't wanna play with Steamboat on your helmet? Hit the road.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

If we only had guys who only wanted to play for wyoming, I don't think we would have enough guys to field a team. But if a player takes a chance on wyoming, commits himself, and plays his heart out I'm proud to root for him. Brett Smith wanted to stay in Oregon but got overlooked and settled for us, Larry nance came here simply because he had no other option. But those 2 guys became 2 of the greatest to wear the brown and gold over the last decade. I say we should praise and encourage kids for trying to find out their best destination, let them take all of the official visits they can. Sure, it sounds great to get a kid who lives to play for wyoming. But it makes me proud to be a cowboy fan when an 18 year old kid can receive multiple offers, take multiple visits (sometimes to rivals and bigger schools), and still decide that Wyoming is the best place for them.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Tevis Bartlett would sure look nice playing in the middle of our defense right now...but he chose the wrong UW. Now, he's nothing more than an afterthought. Out of sight, out of mind.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote:If we only had guys who only wanted to play for wyoming, I don't think we would have enough guys to field a team. But if a player takes a chance on wyoming, commits himself, and plays his heart out I'm proud to root for him. Brett Smith wanted to stay in Oregon but got overlooked and settled for us, Larry nance came here simply because he had no other option. But those 2 guys became 2 of the greatest to wear the brown and gold over the last decade. I say we should praise and encourage kids for trying to find out their best destination, let them take all of the official visits they can. Sure, it sounds great to get a kid who lives to play for wyoming. But it makes me proud to be a cowboy fan when an 18 year old kid can receive multiple offers, take multiple visits (sometimes to rivals and bigger schools), and still decide that Wyoming is the best place for them.

Exactly!

We should have kids who decide Wyoming is the BEST PLACE FOR THEM, not kids where Wyoming is the ONLY place they are ever allowed to consider.

Too many people on this board want to have the whole "Wyo or GTFO" stance which is completely stupid.
No kids outside of Wyoming are Wyoming fans growing up, so why on earth would they ONLY want to play for Wyo?
And very few kids from the state of Wyoming are good enough to play NAIA ball, and out of all of those kids, even fewer are Wyo fans.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

DINO wrote:Tevis Bartlett would sure look nice playing in the middle of our defense right now...but he chose the wrong UW. Now, he's nothing more than an afterthought. Out of sight, out of mind.
Playing as a true freshman for a middle to upper-Pac-12 team...not necessarily an afterthought. Unless you meant an afterthought in your mind; in which case, fair enough.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:If we only had guys who only wanted to play for wyoming, I don't think we would have enough guys to field a team. But if a player takes a chance on wyoming, commits himself, and plays his heart out I'm proud to root for him. Brett Smith wanted to stay in Oregon but got overlooked and settled for us, Larry nance came here simply because he had no other option. But those 2 guys became 2 of the greatest to wear the brown and gold over the last decade. I say we should praise and encourage kids for trying to find out their best destination, let them take all of the official visits they can. Sure, it sounds great to get a kid who lives to play for wyoming. But it makes me proud to be a cowboy fan when an 18 year old kid can receive multiple offers, take multiple visits (sometimes to rivals and bigger schools), and still decide that Wyoming is the best place for them.

Exactly!

We should have kids who decide Wyoming is the BEST PLACE FOR THEM, not kids where Wyoming is the ONLY place they are ever allowed to consider.

Too many people on this board want to have the whole "Wyo or GTFO" stance which is completely stupid.
No kids outside of Wyoming are Wyoming fans growing up, so why on earth would they ONLY want to play for Wyo?
And very few kids from the state of Wyoming are good enough to play NAIA ball, and out of all of those kids, even fewer are Wyo fans.
Hey, if he decides he wants to play for Wyoming, I'm all for it. But, everything I have read indicates he isn't that interested in Wyoming. His dad played for BYU for crap sake....that tells me the kid was jaded since birth.