New Recruits are here!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jarhead
Ranch Hand

Well I received my first update on the new recruits. Today was their first weight circuit and only about five of the 25 were able to finish. Our Wyoming recruits didn't fair very well. Only one Wyoming kid, walk on from Cheyenne I believe finished. The rest were carried to the training room. When I say carried I mean literally! :o :o :o :o :o :o
Welcome to 7250! HA HA HA
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Hahaha. A few of the older players were tweeting the other day that they couldn't wait for the new guys to try to tackle the circuit. Not many athletes can handle it yet, but it shows the state of Wyoming HS football if the best athletes can't hang with the more middle of the pack athletes from bigger states. Yes its good to get players from in state, but in order to win with wyo athletes, our HS compition levels need to improve.

Did you hear who finished?
jarhead
Ranch Hand

i don't think this is indicative of our Wyoming kids and the level of competition that they play. After all it is a weigh lifting circuit not drills or time on the field. Duval was ruthless on all of them. I think the difference for the ones that finished is that they understood a little better how to prepare and what to expect. Most of them had no idea what they were in store for! Ha Ha Ha. They will get there if they don't quit first. It will definately test their mental stamina and toughness!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

You are right, this one workout is not as indicative...I should change what I wrote. But I do feel that Wyo HSs need to step up the training and build the competition. There are a couple individuals each year that have D1 talent in state (your son was one who does, but needed a bit more help to develop it...and I'm happy that he had worked his add off). There are many Wyo fans who would be happy with a roster full of Wyo athletes, but facts are that only the top couple athletes in state have what it takes for D1 ball, whereas other states have middle of the pack guys who would show up most Wyo HS students.

That said, I think its great that Coach Bohl is reaching out and building a solid walk on program within the HS system. That will re-energize the fan base, get wyo hs athletes wearing wyo gear instead of Cornshuckers or some other big school, and help build the want to be a part of UW, and thus help boost the competition within Wyoming.