Bohl Has an Eye on JUCO Linebacker

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Story link: https://wyoming.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1777640" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wyoming's lack of depth in its linebacking corps has led it to Fresno City College where it is looking at Chris Woolbright, a 6-foot-3, 230-pound linebacker.

Last season Woolbright accounted for 30 tackles, and two sacks for Fresno, which went 7-4 in the California Community College Athletic League. His performance last year and a strong spring practice session has landed him a scholarship offer from Wyoming, and visits from coaches of Louisville, Arizona, Texas State, San Diego State, and Fresno State.

Woolbright said the Wyoming offer was something of a surprise.

"It was weird," Woolbright said. "They just called me and offered me. They said they missed me by a day because I was back in New York and the Wyoming coach showed my film to his head coach and he wanted to offer me a scholarship.

"I like that they play in the Mountain West Conference and they need help at linebacker. I guess I wouldn't need to come in and beat out 20 guys to play linebacker and get early playing time."

Woolbright, who is a Brooklyn native, said he originally attended Bethune-Cookman out of Bensonhurst High School. He said he walked on and after he got hurt he decided he didn't want to go to school at Bethune-Cookman anymore and made the move to Fresno City College in hopes of gaining a Division I scholarship. Last year he said he played some linebacker, rover and as an edge rusher.

"I am an athletic linebacker. Some linebackers only play MIKE, or the edge, and I play all over," he said.

Right now Woolbright said he plans to visit Arizona and Wyoming. He said Fresno State is about a block from his house and he didn't think he would visit.

"Right now it is probably just Arizona and Wyoming, Woolbright added."

Woolbright, who said he will graduate in December, said right now he is focused on next season more than his recruiting.

"The only thing I am worried about is this season. I am worried about becoming a better player right now."
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Good size, athletic, and flexible. I can see why he was offered.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Damn, I was hoping to get someone for fall camp. Can you still sign a late guy?
W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

appreciate the article but don't know if you should be copy and pasting a full article from a pay site.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

TSpoke wrote:appreciate the article but don't know if you should be copy and pasting a full article from a pay site.
It was free content. Relax.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

DINO wrote:
TSpoke wrote:appreciate the article but don't know if you should be copy and pasting a full article from a pay site.
When I click the link the article doesn't show up except for the first line. It tells me to sign in or sign up. To sign up costs money. If im the only one that can't read it for free then nevermind.

Again not a big deal and don't really care but just saying it is usually frowned upon.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

TSpoke wrote:
DINO wrote:
When I click the link the article doesn't show up except for the first line. It tells me to sign in or sign up. To sign up costs money. If im the only one that can't read it for free then nevermind.

Again not a big deal and don't really care but just saying it is usually frowned upon.
Some of us appreciate it...
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

TSpoke wrote:
DINO wrote:

I see they have now changed that story.

I do not have an account with that website - thus I could not have procured and posted the content any other way than by placing it on this site after I read it as I did.

That content was free at the time I read it and posted it -- now it is behind a pay wall. Fortunate for us that it was previously available.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Maybe I'm in the wrong for doing this, but if you use an incognito tab in Google chrome you can get around pay walls on sites with limited free access, like the Casper star Tribune/pokes authority
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

303cowboy wrote:
TSpoke wrote:
DINO wrote:

Some of us appreciate it...
Ditto. Pisses me off how expensive Rivals is. Thanks Dino and anyone else who accesses the info and shares it.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I don't think you should ever copy and paste an article to this forum. Give the original site the traffic they deserve for their content
W-Y, Until I Die!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:I don't think you should ever copy and paste an article to this forum. Give the original site the traffic they deserve for their content
I don't think the way that you think about this.

I always include the stories original link.

That's how I think.

I think?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote:I don't think you should ever copy and paste an article to this forum. Give the original site the traffic they deserve for their content
Spot on
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:
Spot on
Ditto. It takes away from that site's traffic. A quick summary works, but copy/paste the entire article? No.
billings
Ranch Hand

fromolwyoming wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Spot on
Ditto. It takes away from that site's traffic. A quick summary works, but copy/paste the entire article? No.
Agree, Should not paste a whole article from a pay or a free site either since they may make their money on traffic and advertising. Pasting an entire article simply will reduce the sources we have for content in the long run.

I hate pay sites as well but a lot of content and information we have now would go away if they went away.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Quote a paragraph or two and post the link. This should follow under fair use and allow you to visit the site to determine how to proceed.*

*I'm not a lawyer. You should talk to your lawyer on how to appropriately post copyrighted materials to the Internet.