Brian Hill Freshman Highlights

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
theman12
Buckaroo

http://youtu.be/XwZ-Xdtx5Jg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Who do you think is going to start this year?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wick, but both guys will get a lot of touches.
theman12
Buckaroo

Yeah wick usually wins position battles, like last year but it took the first game.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wick probably get's the nod, but they will split it most likely. And both has a similar style (run the f-word over people and push the damn pile) that when one goes out to get a breather, the other comes in fresh to keep on punishing the defense.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wick.

Hill will be close, and damn close. But in the season opener, when the offense takes the field for the first time, Shaun Wick will be running out there to the huddle, and Hill will be on the sideline.

Hill might be in the very next play, but Wick will be the starter.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Bold prediction: Both Wick and Hill eclipse 1,000 rushing yards this season
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I think Nico Evans will get some touches too. Maybe Tapscott as well.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

nobody's heard any bs floating around that he's not gonna be with us has anyone???? it was brought to my attention last weekend and just curious
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote:nobody's heard any bs floating around that he's not gonna be with us has anyone???? it was brought to my attention last weekend and just curious
Hill? I haven't heard anything like that...
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Did Omar Stover leave the team? Did I miss something?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

i figured as much, it was somebody flying off the handle, asking me if i had heard anything, that'd be a horrible loss
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Did Omar Stover leave the team? Did I miss something?
Yeah...I think we was part of the group that left last spring that included the starting guards.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote:nobody's heard any bs floating around that he's not gonna be with us has anyone???? it was brought to my attention last weekend and just curious
Hill? Evans? Tapscott? Please specify, you're freaking us out lol.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I get that UW isn't an illustrious "P5" school, but we are getting guys in the nfl still. Players always need to evaluate opportunity and risk/reward. Sitting on the bench at Florida will get you less notice than leading the MWC in rushing for sure.

Hill is a beast and would be crazy to leave. Going elsewhere and and sitting out doesn't always work out. Shamiel Gary and Josh Doctson come to mind as the contrary.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote:I get that UW isn't an illustrious "P5" school, but we are getting guys in the nfl still. Players always need to evaluate opportunity and risk/reward. Sitting on the bench at Florida will get you less notice than leading the MWC in rushing for sure.

Hill is a beast and would be crazy to leave. Going elsewhere and and sitting out doesn't always work out. Shamiel Gary and Josh Doctson come to mind as the contrary.
I was gonna say. Doctson is regarded as a potential 1st round pick next spring.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

J-Rod wrote:
djm19 wrote:I get that UW isn't an illustrious "P5" school, but we are getting guys in the nfl still. Players always need to evaluate opportunity and risk/reward. Sitting on the bench at Florida will get you less notice than leading the MWC in rushing for sure.

I was gonna say. Doctson is regarded as a potential 1st round pick next spring.
maybe not first round, but do you think he would have been drafted from UW?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote: maybe not first round, but do you think he would have been drafted from UW?
Possibly? Hard to say. Smith-to-Doctson...looked like the sky was the limit for that duo. But yeah, there might be a slight P5 bias with him being with TCU instead. He's really good though, gotta give that to him.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I'd say that some positions might be better to be in p5. If you're asking whether it's better to be average p5 or stellar g5, I'd say stellar g5 and get that first contract
W-Y, Until I Die!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Are you talking about Hill leaving? What have you heard?
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Hill must roll around in butter before the games. Nobody can wrap up on him. Wick - it doesn't matter - the collision your going to have with him is going to hurt whether it is buttered or not.

I hope our O-line improves much this year. I think the key to a very successful season lies there.

Defensively - i think we are going to see some tougher defense this year.