2015 Predictions: Win Total

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!

How many regular season games will Wyoming win in 2015?

0-2
3%
3-5
29%
6-8
69%
9-12
No votes

Total votes: 35
mwc fan
Cowpoke

RawPoke24 wrote:Sep. 5 - North Dakota-----------W
Sep. 12 - Eastern Michigan-----W
Sep. 19 - @Washington State---L
Sep. 26 - New Mexico-----------W
Oct. 3 - @Appalachian State---W
Oct. 10 - @Air Force------------W
Oct. 17 - Nevada----------------W
Oct. 24 - @Boise State----------L
Oct. 30 - @Utah State-----------L
Nov. 7 - Colorado State---------W
Nov. 14 - @San Diego State-----L
Nov. 28 - UNLV------------------W

8-4
I like that prediction. This is if we play up to our potential and stay relatively healthy.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

seattlecowboy wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:6-6 and an accepted invite to the Arizona Bowl.
What are the tie-in's for that game? Who would Wyoming play potentially?
Arizona Bowl
C-USA vs. MWC

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/college ... hedule.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I feel like we could get either UNM or AZ Bowl but I'd like to see us go to a different Bowl instead of always the same one and I think Arizona is a good enough location.
Don't you live in Arizona ? May that be why you think it is a "good enough" location for the bowl game? Don't lie you want to go to a bowl game right down the road from where you live don't you? :lol: :D
No I meant good enough as in distance wise where we should still get fan support. If we get to a Bowl game this year I'm going to it.

But let's be honest fan support would suck anywhere east of Texas.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Not one person voted for 1-2 wins. Crazy what we saw and what we are seeing.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

djm19 wrote:Not one person voted for 1-2 wins. Crazy what we saw and what we are seeing.
But...we were told by several posters we were crazy to expect to have a better year than we are having and it was obvious we would be this bad because we have to tear things down to build up from scratch and its all part of the plan. Surely someone would have predicted 1 win.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

JimmyDimes predicted 7 to 8 wins. Clearly he was drunk when he posted that. It's funny how the people who predicted the most wins are now the ones telling us how they knew all along how terrible we would be. I agree, TSpoke.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

And this is why I didn't post in this thread when it first came out. I voted, picked 3-5 as I was expecting 3 or 4 wins, but I didn't feel like putting my name to any predictions, especially since they were going to be fairly pessimistic. Still blows my mind that anyone thought we would win 6-8 let alone the majority of the voters. Hopefully it was a case of voting with their hearts and not their heads; hell, even I was too optimistic expecting 3 wins.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

FWIW we've played the absolute hardest MW schedule possible. Got SDSU, Nevada and UNLV from the other division.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LanderPoke wrote:FWIW we've played the absolute hardest MW schedule possible. Got SDSU, Nevada and UNLV from the other division.
I think playing hapless North Dakota and Eastern Michigan sort of balanced that out.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

LanderPoke wrote: hardest MW schedule
Here are 3 words that don't belong together. Sort of like, hardest pudding, hardest feather bed, hardest bag of cotton balls, etc.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote:FWIW we've played the absolute hardest MW schedule possible. Got SDSU, Nevada and UNLV from the other division.

Who cares. It's not worth anything. Bohl sucks. Wyo sucks. End of story.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:

Who cares. It's not worth anything. Bohl sucks. Wyo sucks. End of story.
We would have one maybe two more wins if we played fresno, san joser, and hawaii this year. That would have everyone feeling better.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: We would have one maybe two more wins if we played fresno, san joser, and hawaii this year. That would have everyone feeling better.
I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Theoretical but we aren't good enough to assume we would have won any game against any team FCS or FBS. We were rarely even competitive, so it is really hard to say what would have happened.

With that said, if we played Fresno, San Jose, and Hawaii, we would not have played Nevada so that takes our lone win away. If you are correct that we would have 1 or 2 MORE wins than we have now, that would mean we beat 2 out of 3 or all 3. I definitely don't think that is a gimme.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
LanderPoke wrote: We would have one maybe two more wins if we played fresno, san joser, and hawaii this year. That would have everyone feeling better.
I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Theoretical but we aren't good enough to assume we would have won any game against any team FCS or FBS. We were rarely even competitive, so it is really hard to say what would have happened.

With that said, if we played Fresno, San Jose, and Hawaii, we would not have played Nevada so that takes our lone win away. If you are correct that we would have 1 or 2 MORE wins than we have now, that would mean we beat 2 out of 3 or all 3. I definitely don't think that is a gimme.
True. But we wouldn't have gotten killed by these guys and the games wouldn't have made me sick to my stomache
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: True. But we wouldn't have gotten killed by these guys and the games wouldn't have made me sick to my stomache
:lol: Fair enough. Yeah, I sure hope we would have been competitive against that bunch. The alternative...wait, never mind. In the words of a teenage girl "I can't even".
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Nevada is 6-4. How did we beat them?

If anything, I think that game is a fluke.

As fans we always looks at the close losses and the could-be wins, but we only do it one way. We rarely talk about the close wins that could have just as easily been losses.

With Nevada having a good season, and our track record, I think the Nevada game is a fluke. We "should" be a 0 win team.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:Nevada is 6-4. How did we beat them?

If anything, I think that game is a fluke.

As fans we always looks at the close losses and the could-be wins, but we only do it one way. We rarely talk about the close wins that could have just as easily been losses.

With Nevada having a good season, and our track record, I think the Nevada game is a fluke. We "should" be a 0 win team.
Whatever
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

The Nevada game wasn't a fluke. I believe it was the last game we had more than one experienced receiver. Losing Gentry hurt because he allowed the Cowboys to stretch the field. When he went out, we had ONE wide receiver with some experience. From that point on, because the Cowboys are so young and thin at WR, defenses were able to stack the box and make us prove that we can pass the ball.

When you are very thin, losing your best player at certain positions will have an affect on a team. Either some fans can't grasp this concept, don't want to grasp this concept, or just want to be mad about everything.

This year sucked, but the future looks bright IMO.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Lander, I like I how you still constantly think Wyo is better than we are. It's fun to see the delusion from afar.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:The Nevada game wasn't a fluke. I believe it was the last game we had more than one experienced receiver. Losing Gentry hurt because he allowed the Cowboys to stretch the field. When he went out, we had ONE wide receiver with some experience. From that point on, because the Cowboys are so young and thin at WR, defenses were able to stack the box and make us prove that we can pass the ball.

When you are very thin, losing your best player at certain positions will have an affect on a team. Either some fans can't grasp this concept, don't want to grasp this concept, or just want to be mad about everything.

This year sucked, but the future looks bright IMO.

It was the last game we had more than 1 experienced receiver?

We were 0-6 before that game. What about those games?

And after that game we had played 7 games, over half a season. That is plenty of time for our WRs to get experience.

Weak excuse.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

BeaverPoke wrote:Lander, I like I how you still constantly think Wyo is better than we are. It's fun to see the delusion from afar.
It's funny that you and others come here to only slam the team. Stick to the following the Beavers. I know we suck, but you could argue we should have won a couple other games, like EMU if we weren't down to our third string qb. Come to think of it we've played 1/2 our games with a third string qb.