More attrition

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

Ryon'e Winters: I have made the decision that I will no longer play football at the UofWyoming for personal reasons & I will be taking my talents elsewhere!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

Damn. I thought he was going to be a good one, too.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Based on the other thread, first thought in my mind was: forced or voluntary?

Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of the situation nor am I speculating this young man did anything wrong. Just the timing of the two raised the question for me. Best of luck to him.
Last edited by ragtimejoe1 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Not where we can afford to lose athleticism and experience
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

LasCrucesPoke wrote:Not where we can afford to lose athleticism and experience
Agree....luckily Bohl has loaded up on this position and we have that stud DB from UCLA who will be eligible next year.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Was Winters a projected starter?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Backup but I think the starter was one of them walkons. Coming out of spring, I'm always suspicious of the listing. Sometimes I feel like they reward guys who work hard but probably won't start and they demote guys to motivate them
W-Y, Until I Die!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:Backup but I think the starter was one of them walkons. Coming out of spring, I'm always suspicious of the listing. Sometimes I feel like they reward guys who work hard but probably won't start and they demote guys to motivate them
I just looked....the starter ahead of Winters is CJ Jennings, a RFr out of Florida. Winters was going to be a sophomore.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

He would've been a key sub, and probably would've played a lot in the nickel and dime packages. Oh well, but I will have nightmares forever of that Hawaii game and hope to God that's not what next year looks like.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Yeah, I'm much more worried about the 2015 secondary than most here. You can be as talented as you want, playing this many young, inexperienced players in the secondary is risky.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

If this is the "shocking" outcome of Twitter Gate then I'll "man up" and say wow...

I'm totally blown away... :roll:
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LasCrucesPoke wrote:He would've been a key sub, and probably would've played a lot in the nickel and dime packages. Oh well, but I will have nightmares forever of that Hawaii game and hope to God that's not what next year looks like.
Watching it live was even worse. So many breakdowns in the secondary that game. I promised my wife I wouldn't let it ruin our honeymoon if we lost. So I pouted on the beach the next few days with a Mai Tai in my hand :cool:
I'm good for 3!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I think with DJ May coming back from his injury should definitely help fill a void in the secondary. Not that it doesn't hurt that Winters left, because it does. The kid was athletic and that is what our defense and special teams lacked last season. I would assume this was not voluntary though. Who the hell leaves a few weeks before camp starts? Again I'm assuming this, but going by Bohl's history of cleaning house of those that weren't on board, I wouldn't be surprised.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

The Virginian wrote:If this is the "shocking" outcome of Twitter Gate then I'll "man up" and say wow...

I'm totally blown away... :roll:
Jesus...what did you want, a murder? You must be the type of person that stops and stares at car accidents on the 95. What a doom & gloom asshole...that government job must have you in knots these days.

Get your boy Ryan to do some research to find out WHY he "left" the team for you. Then you can come on back and put your condescending mouth in reverse.

"Twitter Gate" :lol: You think because you are 30 - 40 years older than almost everyone here, that gives you the right to be superior and always correct. LMAO!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
BJC
A Real Cowboy

:popcorn:

Please tell me he wasn't involved in hitting a female or worse.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

My guess? Bar fight. Didn't think the pending punishment fit the crime and is headed out.

Again, pure speculation and not a rumor or anything. A perfectly plausible scenario is that the young man simply felt like moving on. My opinion is nothing more than an uneducated guess.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Tying in back to Uso's tweet, which I know nothing about, sometimes players are allowed to vote on whether or not a player gets kicked off the team, wonder if anything like that took place. C'mon, somebody knows something damn it.
Last edited by PokeOLoco on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Hence, mcpeach asking slowpoke to shed some light
W-Y, Until I Die!
mwc fan
Cowpoke

BJC wrote::popcorn:

Please tell me he wasn't involved in the hitting a female or worse.
I go to Almanza's a lot when I make deliveries to Laramie. Their breakfast burrito is one of the best I've had.. Anyways i also see players in there, some i know casually and some i dont. Today I saw one I knew pretty well. While i asked him the reason behind Winters departure, he basically told me, and while this wasn't a one time incident, it did involve girls. I don't want to get into details, so I will just leave at that. It was an acausation, but the incident wasn't isolated. So think what you want. I would've given him due process, but that's just me. Too many times players have been punished due to acausations, only to have the truth come out at a later date. By this time the damage has been done. I wish Ryon'e Winters the best and hope things work out for him.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

In today's climate right now, acusations are all it takes, and if it wasn't isolated then a pattern has been established. If true I hope he does some soul searching and lands on his feet somewhere. On the other board it seems like someone said he may have had a family member pass away, so we have two very different narratives. Regardless, I hope one of our freshman is a gamer cause we're going to need him.