Billboards or radio/TV ads?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Went to Casper this past weekend (from Denver) and saw 3 ram football billboards - nary a one for our 'Boys - even in the traditional Cheyenne locale. Also have been getting bombarded by radio ads asking me to "make a statement" which is to be expected since I live in Colorado. Anyone know if we plan to reciprocate with some media in Ft Collins or Denver? Simple stuff that might not make a huge difference, but a missed opportunity none the less. Someone please tell me we are hitting different locations and thus not missing the boat...
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

But that would be work on the part of our athletic department :popcorn:
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Did I read this right? You saw three CSU billboards in Casper? WTF is up with that?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I have said this multiple times on this board and on the other. We need billboards!! Our own university is an afterthought to most people outside of Laramie. I went to see my wife's family in Brighton Co. on Sat and what do you know? As soon as we crossed the border into Colorado a CSU Rams billboard pops up. I kept my eyes peeled driving through Cheyenne and into Laramie for a UW billboard and nope, not one to be found.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:Did I read this right? You saw three CSU billboards in Casper? WTF is up with that?
No, I typed that unclearly. I saw 3 total - one was at state line coming back. None in Wyoming (that I saw anyway), but 3 on I-25 nonetheless.

I would've expected to see some in Wyoming - especilly with so many tourists traveling the interstates and with CFD's in full swing. But we should have some rented in CO as well with big alumni base and recruit base there.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

HiCountryCowboy wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Did I read this right? You saw three CSU billboards in Casper? WTF is up with that?
No, I typed that unclearly. I saw 3 total - one was at state line coming back. None in Wyoming (that I saw anyway), but 3 on I-25 nonetheless.
Just a OT moment here but I-25 in Colorado is the biggest joke of a Interstate I ever seen. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

f-word your stupid billboards. This isn't 1960.

We had billboards in Casper a few years ago I believe and the best player still went to Florida.

You guys will bitch literally about anything
W-Y, Until I Die!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

We should have billboards in the Denver area......and any other place that we recruit within reason. Would think the recruiting and ticket sales would increase etc etc etc. Hell add Florida and then have fb and bball on it? Mtns, etc etc could help general out of state attendance as well.

Stick one in the Dallas area...Chicago...NW etc......with it being sort of random for the area...more people will talk about it. "Hey you see that Wyoming billboard?"

Hell I saw a Wyoming tourism billboard in Chicago.....first thing the wife said was "why the hell they have that here?"......response "that is exactly why." :twocents:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

We've got to act like we are a big deal, or at least make people think we a big deal. Big time programs go all out with advertising.

Also, people forget about the Pokes in various places around Wyoming. A giant billboard on Main Street, WY will certainly help remind people that going to games in Laramie is a great time.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Montana and Montana State litter the state with billboards.. and will often put them in enemy territory. It's all about marketing and it's important.
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

There are several UW billboards around the Cheyenne area, including one on I-25
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

WYO1016 wrote:There are several UW billboards around the Cheyenne area, including one on I-25
Yeah I was gonna say. I always see UW billboards. There was one up for Wyoming football way past when football season ended. Don't know if any are currently up but I imagine there will be if there isn't already.

And in my opinion Billboards don't do anything. Outdated form of advertisement. Lets get some commercials on tv. There might be some on or some coming but haven't seen any yet.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

WYO1016 wrote:There are several UW billboards around the Cheyenne area, including one on I-25
Glad to hear this. I swear I was looking out for it as were my sons. There usually is near the weigh station so it took me by surprise. Must've been hauling...