OT: Rockies Trade Tulo

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
McPeachy wrote:Free agency has been killing the game for years. And it will continue to get worse, before it gets any better. I blame Boston and all those bandwagon fans that crawled out from under a rock in 2004. Scum!

Back on topic: Just how big can the salary cap get? MLB needs to take a page out of the NHL book. That and chop the season by about 60 games and eliminate April and October.

When was the last time any of you got to see your favorite player start & finish his career with your favorite team? Unless you are a Yankees fan, probably never.
Todd Helton son!!!!
Good call - I forgot about Helton. Wonder why nobody ever came calling, or if they did, he declined?
There were some suitors that came calling. I think he had a no trade clause or had veto power. Glad he never left.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:Free agency has been killing the game for years. And it will continue to get worse, before it gets any better. I blame Boston and all those bandwagon fans that crawled out from under a rock in 2004. Scum!

Back on topic: Just how big can the salary cap get? MLB needs to take a page out of the NHL book. That and chop the season by about 60 games and eliminate April and October.

When was the last time any of you got to see your favorite player start & finish his career with your favorite team? Unless you are a Yankees fan, probably never.
Tulo was my favorite player... so until yesterday it was looking good.
But... not anymore.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

I wouldn't mind if they were trading Tulo to just free up money so they can go after free agents. But, hell, it's being done by the Monforts just to increase profits in the short term. I wish they'd sell this team...
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Hayduke wrote:I wouldn't mind if they were trading Tulo to just free up money so they can go after free agents. But, hell, it's being done by the Monforts just to increase profits in the short term. I wish they'd sell this team...
They're trying to sell it on the radio down here as freeing up money to sign the next wave of young talent. Arenado, Gray (who has yet to pitch in the MLB), Butler etc. I call BS.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

303cowboy wrote:
Hayduke wrote:I wouldn't mind if they were trading Tulo to just free up money so they can go after free agents. But, hell, it's being done by the Monforts just to increase profits in the short term. I wish they'd sell this team...
They're trying to sell it on the radio down here as freeing up money to sign the next wave of young talent. Arenado, Gray (who has yet to pitch in the MLB), Butler etc. I call BS.
Haha, I wouldn't put talent and Butler in the same category.... Arenado deserves his riches. I think Gray has potential to be really good. Eddie Butler is not good and doesn't have nearly the ceiling some of the others do