OT: Rockies Trade Tulo

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I know some of us aren't big baseball fans, but this is worth noting for Rockies fans.
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status ... 0475975681 This might be the funniest trade detail I've ever seen...
https://twitter.com/CJNitkowski/status/ ... 8825633792
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

As a huge baseball and Rockies fan, I am shocked and saddened by this. He was a true homegrown superstar. I get it, but I don't like it. For all he was, he was a Rockie and will be missed
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:As a huge baseball and Rockies fan, I am shocked and saddened by this. He was a true homegrown superstar. I get it, but I don't like it. For all he was, he was a Rockie and will be missed
It stings, but he's been alluding to wanting out forever now. I haven't read any details on who the minor leaguers are, but considering how often Reyes is hurt, I hope the Rockies got fair value in this trade. Tulo's numbers might be declining a little, but he's still a superstar. You don't sell him for fish sticks.

At least Arenado's emergence still gives the fans a star to hang onto. I hope Gray turns out to be the elite pitching prospect scouts expect.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:As a huge baseball and Rockies fan, I am shocked and saddened by this. He was a true homegrown superstar. I get it, but I don't like it. For all he was, he was a Rockie and will be missed
It stings, but he's been alluding to wanting out forever now. I haven't read any details on who the minor leaguers are, but considering how often Reyes is hurt, I hope the Rockies got fair value in this trade. Tulo's numbers might be declining a little, but he's still a superstar. You don't sell him for fish sticks.

At least Arenado's emergence still gives the fans a star to hang onto. I hope Gray turns out to be the elite pitching prospect scouts expect.
Hearing Dalton Pompey and Daniel Norris were the prospects given up. Have no proof just rumblings.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I also have a feeling another team is in play. Maybe the Mets. The Yanks are also hurting for a SS that could use Reyes' services. I'd be shocked if Reyes ever steps foot in Denver
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Hearing Dalton Pompey and Daniel Norris were the prospects given up. Have no proof just rumblings.
WUT. If that's what the Rockies made out with, they win this trade.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Hearing Dalton Pompey and Daniel Norris were the prospects given up. Have no proof just rumblings.
WUT. If that's what the Rockies made out with, they win this trade.
I like the prospects no doubt. Start building a group of badass young pitchers to surround Nolan and let him be the face of the franchise. We also just freed up a ton of money to spend this offseason. David Price anyone?
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: I like the prospects no doubt. Start building a group of badass young pitchers to surround Nolan and let him be the face of the franchise. We also just freed up a ton of money to spend this offseason. David Price anyone?
Yeah, fans will miss Tulo...but fans have to remain objective here.

Aging superstar
$105 million contract

in exchange for...

Reyes (temporarily?)
Two Top 25 prospects

As much as everyone loves Tulo, you don't want to end up looking like the Angels with Hamilton, or countless other examples of drastically overpaid studs. It's best to sell high, while there is still a "high" and get young prospects to surround this team. Norris and Gray both have ace potential, and Pompey could be great batting at Coors. Sucks to lose the face of the franchise, but I think long term...the Rockies did the right thing.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Confirmed:

Miguel Castro is one of two prospects involved

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/07/b ... itzki.html
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Confirmed:

Miguel Castro is one of two prospects involved

That's a good addition. Jays moved him up to the majors too soon...but he has talent, there's no questioning that.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Oh poop....
[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/ken_roesntha ... 5157596160[/tweet]
Breath, looks like that's a fake account. There are 100s of them this time of year.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:Oh poop....
[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/ken_roesntha ... 5157596160[/tweet]
Breath, looks like that's a fake account. There are 100s of them this time of year.
Crap. Just noticed that too. Good call.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I'm a huge baseball fan and watch about 3 or 4 games a night.

I'm an Angels fan though . Not a Rockies fan but this isn't a bad trade Reyes is a good player most of the time but he does sometimes get stupid errors he has no business getting.

Good pick up for the Jays for sure. They are already baseballs best offense. This will be a step up for them on the fielding side of the ball. They have a shot at the wild card and outside shot at their division although it looks like the Yankees are starting to pull away as they have been hot.

That Cubs /Rockies game tonight was one of the best I have watched this year.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:I'm a huge baseball fan and watch about 3 or 4 games a night.

I'm an Angels fan though . Not a Rockies fan but this isn't a bad trade Reyes is a good player most of the time but he does sometimes get stupid errors he has no business getting.

Good pick up for the Jays for sure. They are already baseballs best offense. This will be a step up for them on the fielding side of the ball. They have a shot at the wild card and outside shot at their division although it looks like the Yankees are starting to pull away as they have been hot.

While bittersweet I think this trade will bear out as a good one for all involved. Tulo has a shot at immediate meaningful baseball while the Rockies get young, talented, (hopefully multiple) highly touted arms to build for the future. And they get a huge long term salary off the books.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Another name has been associated with this deal. It's a good haul if true.

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:I'm a huge baseball fan and watch about 3 or 4 games a night.

While bittersweet I think this trade will bear out as a good one for all involved. Tulo has a shot at immediate meaningful baseball while the Rockies get young, talented, (hopefully multiple) highly touted arms to build for the future. And they get a huge long term salary off the books.

Yeah Rockies will be fine.

I think the Blue Jays should be looking for a pitcher more so though. They have a ton of offense already they need another quality starter.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote:
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote:

Yeah Rockies will be fine.

I think the Blue Jays should be looking for a pitcher more so though. They have a ton of offense already they need another quality starter.

Yeah that really surprises me too. Really thoughts third team was involved and pitchers would be moving. Who knows
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

One more name to drop. Speculation of Norris or Pentecost.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 141 times

Wasn't tulo hurt every year? Won't hold a candle to Helton.
W-Y, Until I Die!