Wyoming picked 5th in Mountain Div. in pre-season poll

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

LAS VEGAS — The Mountain West Conference announced its 2015 preseason polls Tuesday, and Wyoming was selected to place fifth in the Mountain Division.

Boise State was picked to win the division, while San Diego State is the favorite for the West Division.

UW received 64 points, 26 behind fourth-place Air Force and 23 ahead of last-place New Mexico. Boise State collected 28 of 30 first-place votes for a point total of 177. Utah State grabbed the two remaining first-place votes for 150 points. Colorado State was picked third with 108 points.

Last season, the Cowboys were tabbed fourth in the division, but tied for fifth with a 2-6 conference mark while finishing 4-8 overall. They were also picked fourth in the division in 2013, when they did finish fourth while compiling a 5-7 record, including a 3-5 conference mark.

Story link--> http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 9933e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Seems like there is a surprise every year. I would consider a surprise as ending up at least 2 spots higher than predicted. For our division, that would mean:

1) AF ends up 2nd or better (not much of a surprise to be picked 4th and end up 3rd)

2) WYO ends up 3rd or better

3) UNM ends up 4th or better

4) CSU wins division

I wouldn't pick it to happen, but, honestly, 1 through 3 could happen (one of them--not all of them).
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Not surprised. 9th of 12 teams, 5th of 6 in our division. Regardless, still damn depressing.

Wyoming! "We Love To Rebuild, We Do It Every Year" ... "What Excuse Can We Come Up With Next"
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

It's a media poll and as far as I am concerned, it doesn't mean squat. Who has the least media coverage of all the MWC teams? It is where the majority of the media pollsters wish the teams to finish. Yea, they were close on Wyoming football last year, but how did they do on the Wyoming basketball pick? If I were in Vegas, I would bet Wyoming will finish higher than 5th in the Mountain Division.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

We need to stop sucking. If we don't see progress this year then I may lose all hope for the future.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Just win baby! Until then, this is the respect we get.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:We need to stop sucking. If we don't see progress this year then I may lose all hope for the future.
Never lose hope... :)
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The difference between 5th and 3rd is maybe two games every year. Time will tell. I wouldn't be shocked if Bohl got the team to 3rd. I wouldn't be shocked with 6th either. The team was 6th last year. 5th would be an improvement.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Kind of made me laugh...but is there a coincidence here? The color of the ribbon kind of matches...well...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Wyoming 7-5 is prediction.

8-4 if things go perfect!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

lakesbison wrote:Wyoming 7-5 is prediction.

Actually we'd be 12-0 if things go perfect
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

joshvanklomp wrote:
lakesbison wrote:Wyoming 7-5 is prediction.

Actually we'd be 12-0 if things go perfect
No that's just how bad wyo football is. Perfect still means losing 4 hahaha
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:Kind of made me laugh...but is there a coincidence here? The color of the ribbon kind of matches...well...
"I didn't know they made 9th place ribbons..."

I think it would be better to get a participation ribbon - you can always lie about what place you actually took!
lakesbison
Cowpoke

I see Wyoming in #2 or #3 you will win games this year, Have faith in Bohl!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

lakesbison wrote:I see Wyoming in #2 or #3 you will win games this year, Have faith in Bohl!!
You said this last year, and then awful things happened.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

We have zero depth in several positions and we definitely will have injuries. I think 5th is a fairly reasonable prediction all things considered.

I too am tired of never competing for the MWC title.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:
lakesbison wrote:I see Wyoming in #2 or #3 you will win games this year, Have faith in Bohl!!
couple close games go anyway. :thumb:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote:
Like a curse. Or a BYU fan.
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand

Perspective, from the depth chart;

Sr,, JR., So., Fr. counts:

Starters: 5,8,5,4
2 deep: 9,13,10,12

An extremely young team by anyone's measuring stick.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

DINO wrote:LAS VEGAS — The Mountain West Conference announced its 2015 preseason polls Tuesday, and Wyoming was selected to place fifth in the Mountain Division.

Boise State was picked to win the division, while San Diego State is the favorite for the West Division.

UW received 64 points, 26 behind fourth-place Air Force and 23 ahead of last-place New Mexico. Boise State collected 28 of 30 first-place votes for a point total of 177. Utah State grabbed the two remaining first-place votes for 150 points. Colorado State was picked third with 108 points.

Last season, the Cowboys were tabbed fourth in the division, but tied for fifth with a 2-6 conference mark while finishing 4-8 overall. They were also picked fourth in the division in 2013, when they did finish fourth while compiling a 5-7 record, including a 3-5 conference mark.

Story link--> http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 9933e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Geez - if we played in the west division it would be us vs boise state.