Brett Starting Friday

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

http://www.cfl.ca/article/glenn-out-bre ... for-riders" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyogogo
Buckaroo

http://www.riderville.com/video/index/id/113607" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Reminder is set.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

TUNE IN NOW!! ESPN 2. Let's go Brett!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Pretty cool watching #16 trot out onto the field. Just put a pinch in and ready to watch one of Wyo's favorite sons do his thing.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Korey Jones is playing LB for Edmonton.
ImageImageImageImage
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Thanks for the thread. Just turned to ESPN2!
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

The initial set of plays the Riders ran looked very similar to a lot of plays we saw during Brett's last season in Laramie.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

It's like he's still playing for Wyoming. Dumb penalties along the offensive line, poor play calling, and poop secondary play lol
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Making a few big time throws this drive
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

I don't think Roughriders are very good on either side
W-Y, Until I Die!
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Lucky there
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Man, CFL is frustrating. Brett basically has 1 play to convert or the offense is done. A terrible run play on 1st down, get it done on 2nd down or else.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote:I don't think Roughriders are very good on either side
Getting a lot of flashbacks of those around Brett while here. Particularly his last season. :?
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

J-Rod wrote:Man, CFL is frustrating. Brett basically has 1 play to convert or the offense is done. A terrible run play on 1st down, get it done on 2nd down or else.
You think passing would be way better with WRs getting head start
W-Y, Until I Die!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

I find the entire CFL thing to be almost impossible to watch -- unless there is a unique interest developing such as tonight.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

My one problem with the CFL is that it allows 6 of the eight teams (3 per division) to qualify for the playoffs AND the fact they play a 18 game over 20 week schedule. Damned stupid if you want my opinion.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:My one problem with the CFL is that it allows 6 of the eight teams (3 per division) to qualify for the playoffs AND the fact they play a 18 game over 20 week schedule. Damned stupid if you want my opinion.
What's the problem with 18 games over 20 weeks?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

DINO wrote:
Wyokie wrote:My one problem with the CFL is that it allows 6 of the eight teams (3 per division) to qualify for the playoffs AND the fact they play a 18 game over 20 week schedule. Damned stupid if you want my opinion.
If you had a larger league like say 26-28 teams, you wouldn't have to play so many teams 3 or 4 times a year not counting playoffs! In the CFL, you have to play one divisional rival 4 times, and the other two 3 times each. Plus all the other teams in the other division twice each.

If I was running the CFL, I'd shorten the season to a more manageable 14 games over 14/15 weeks and require that only 4 teams total qualify for the playoffs (2 division champs and 2 wildcards).
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:
DINO wrote:
If you had a larger league like say 26-28 teams, you wouldn't have to play so many teams 3 or 4 times a year not counting playoffs! In the CFL, you have to play one divisional rival 4 times, and the other two 3 times each. Plus all the other teams in the other division twice each.

If I was running the CFL, I'd shorten the season to a more manageable 14 games over 14/15 weeks and require that only 4 teams total qualify for the playoffs (2 division champs and 2 wildcards).
I see...I find the entire production, unwatchable brother.