Bad blood still exists between Air Force & Wyoming football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Bad blood exists between Air Force and Wyoming

Off the football field, Eddie Yarbrough is a ukulele-playing gentle giant.

That is, until the Wyoming defensive end starts talking about Air Force.

"Off the field, I have a lot of respect. On the field, I don't got no time for them," the all-Mountain West player said. "I don't like them one bit."

Yarbrough is one of the few players remaining on Wyoming who was a contributor when then-Cowboys coach Dave Christensen launched into a postgame, profanity-laced tirade at Air Force's Troy Calhoun in 2012. But he said players who didn't witness that have heard all about it.

And now...for the rest of the story---> http://gazette.com/mwc-notes-bad-blood- ... le/1556496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BJC
A Real Cowboy

SO true
Hayduke
Cowpoke

I blame Coach Doody.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Might hate the flyboys just as much as CSU. Nothing worse than a rival that you're told you must have the utmost respect for, or otherwise are branded a unpatriotic idiot. What kind of rival is that?

f-word the gawd damn Air Force....Falcons, that is. :lol: Leave me alone NSA.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

I work in the same building as a former USAFA O-lineman. He's graduated in 14 and is now a 2nd Lt in the Air Force. We have chatted quite a few times, and he's a really good dude. USAFA fans and players are more upset about our band and players playing and singing our our fight song or whatever while they were trying to do their song (which is more of a tradition than us doing ours) a couple years ago than they are about the whole Howdy Doody tirade. DC's rant is comedy, while they see the other thing as disrespectful...which I can see their point.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Air Force academy as an institution is a joke. I cannot respect an institution where the upper brass is involved in covering up the deed crimes by cadets.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

I haven't been able to stand the academy since my freshman year at UW. When we were at the Mountain West Tournament in 2002 I was in the pep band. We got to meet all the other bands and cheerleaders. It pains me to say this, but BYU's representatives were awesome. Very polite, and not a bad word spoken about anyone. The cadets, on the other hand, had their heads in the clouds thinking they were better than everyone else. They'd push their way past you in the hall, flip you off when you said hi, and were generally assholes. During the game every time we'd play Cowboy Joe they'd come in halfway through with their fight song. Our director was a retired Air Force lieutenant, and I thought he was going to throw down with their director after the game. Ever since that day I've noticed general ass-hattery coming from every cadet I see. The majority of them (in my opinion) seem to be a bunch of punks. I respect the cadets and the service they are committed to, but I have zero respect for the academy.