Roster updates from media day

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Xavier Lewis is a manager this year as he recovers from a stroke. (I believe we've covered this already)

Chad Lewis came back this offseason, but he's no longer on the team due to academic issues. That leaves us with zero safeties with game experience.

Freshman LB Harry Momoah was an NCAA non-qualifier, so he won't be joining the squad either.

Article: http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... ign=buffer
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Well, May does have NCAA experience, just at a different position.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:Well, May does have NCAA experience, just at a different position.
Except he's listed at Linebacker/nickel, not safety
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I think you are referring to Chad Reese, not Lewis.. that is a bummer. I was excited for him to be back
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Like I've said before, I'm surprised by all the optimism with this talented, but very young and very inexperienced secondary for 2015. I expect them to be good long term, but there really is a chance they could be a complete poop show in 2015.

I hope I'm wrong, I just haven't seen anything quite like this before. There is being young, and then there is this...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

J-Rod wrote:Like I've said before, I'm surprised by all the optimism with this talented, but very young and very inexperienced secondary for 2015. I expect them to be good long term, but there really is a chance they could be a complete poop show in 2015.

I hope I'm wrong, I just haven't seen anything quite like this before. There is being young, and then there is this...
I sound like a broken record, I'm sure, but the MWC isn't really that good. The top 2 to 4 teams will put up lots of points but there aren't that many good offenses on our schedule.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:Like I've said before, I'm surprised by all the optimism with this talented, but very young and very inexperienced secondary for 2015. I expect them to be good long term, but there really is a chance they could be a complete poop show in 2015.

Well they will be a faster more athletic poop show. Last year we were slow and lacked basic football instincts. Thus the lack of interceptions until Finley got some snaps. How a team could only get three picks in the pass happy MWC is beyond me. :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

mwc fan wrote:

Well they will be a faster more athletic poop show. Last year we were slow and lacked basic football instincts. Thus the lack of interceptions until Finley got some snaps. How a team could only get three picks in the pass happy MWC is beyond me. :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
There were several almost INTs, where the ball bounced out of their hands or something.

Just to point that out.
Dutchnation
Ranch Hand

I'm just afraid we won't be able to tackle....still....
mwc fan
Cowpoke

Bad tackling began when CDC took over. It was all about the offense, which made defensive recruiting something of a red headed step child. The shoddy tackling was evident in almost every game. So was the defensive alignment of the players. I can recall goal line situations under DC Tormey where the entire defense would fail to shift contiously when offenses would overload one side. Other teams would simply walk into the endzone. It's not like we didn't ' have some good players, just bad coaching along with a few FCS or Division 2 quality players at key positions.