Practice jersey signaling change?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

The Pokes practice jersey's this summer leads me to wonder if the game uniforms might be revised this coming season?

The uniform numbers are 'western style' as is the lettering across the top which now says 'WYOMING' instead of ' WYO.'

I love the font used on the practice jersey's -- and I'm really happy to see WYOMING spelled out completely.

We'll know in 2 weeks if the changes will include the actual game worn suits.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

That would look nice if done correctly :twocents:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

I think that's about as far as Bohl will ever go.
W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

DINO wrote:The Pokes practice jersey's this summer leads me to wonder if the game uniforms might be revised this coming season?

The uniform numbers are 'western style' as is the lettering across the top which now says 'WYOMING' instead of ' WYO.'

I love the font used on the practice jersey's -- and I'm really happy to see WYOMING spelled out completely.

I was wondering about this as well. I don't remember what the practice jerseys were last year though.

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:
DINO wrote:The Pokes practice jersey's this summer leads me to wonder if the game uniforms might be revised this coming season?

I was wondering about this as well. I don't remember what the practice jerseys were last year though.

Those practice jerseys are sharp. The first time I saw them I wished the gold version was the game jersey. They're old school. There's not too much going on. It's simple and clean looking. I certainly don't miss the wings on the shoulder (and yes I know it's flywire).

I hope something like that, or that, is the game jersey.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

And the best part....It says WYOMING on the front.

I hate seeing WYO on the front.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie wrote:And the best part....It says WYOMING on the front.

I hate seeing WYO on the front.
Me too.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Bring back the brown helmet, lose the WYO and get rid of the Nike flyware.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

Keep the gold jerseys the way they are. Considering I just bought one, I'd like it to match for atleast a year. I refuse to wear a brown one but gold looks gold. I always wear a jersey when attending games.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Spartanmike15 wrote:Keep the gold jerseys the way they are. Considering I just bought one, I'd like it to match for atleast a year. I refuse to wear a brown one but gold looks gold. I always wear a jersey when attending games.
Mike can I ask you where you purchased your jersey?
Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

Campus store. $90 I believe. They sell them online at yahoo sports shop, fanatics, etc. The store on campus has both gold and brown. Would love to find a game worn gold or white to wear. That's what most of my others are. I have about 10 or so game worn sjsu jerseys from over the past years.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Spartanmike15 wrote:Campus store. $90 I believe. They sell them online at yahoo sports shop, fanatics, etc. The store on campus has both gold and brown. Would love to find a game worn gold or white to wear. That's what most of my others are. I have about 10 or so game worn sjsu jerseys from over the past years.
Thanks for the info...I asked on another thread several weeks ago why they don't make the 'official' game worn jersey available for sale? I'd buy one in a second - would think a lot of people would.
Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

DINO wrote:
Spartanmike15 wrote:Campus store. $90 I believe. They sell them online at yahoo sports shop, fanatics, etc. The store on campus has both gold and brown. Would love to find a game worn gold or white to wear. That's what most of my others are. I have about 10 or so game worn sjsu jerseys from over the past years.
Thanks for the info...I asked on another thread several weeks ago why they don't make the 'official' game worn jersey available for sale? I'd buy one in a second - would think a lot of people would.
San Jose sells the old ones. Most recent I got are 2 from their first year in the MWC. They actually have the MWC patch on them. Wyoming could make a ton of money for the athletic dept by selling old equipment. San Jose always sells used gear each spring game. Not just for football but for all the sports. Prices started at $125 a few years ago then slowly dropped. This last spring I got 2 for $50 because I renewed my season tickets before a certain date. Reg price was $50 each. You know people would pay that much to get one.
Last edited by Spartanmike15 on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I saw AFA was selling some of their game worn jerseys... $250 a jersey. Ooof. I have one of the game worn jerseys from the brown/prairie gold days.. boy those things are tight, lol.
ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 104 times

I've got one of the gray camo jerseys from a few years back. There are always some jerseys for sale at the CJC auction in October or on the online auction.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

No new jerseys this year.........
gopokes1399
Blog Team

wyocowboy2014 wrote:No new jerseys this year.........
I am hearing the same thing
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Been liked: 45 times

RATS if that's the case..

I HATE seeing just "WYO" on the front of the jerseys!! Needs to be "WYOMING":tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

Meh....I don't mind the "WYO"

They can wear pink tutu's for all I care if it means a winning season
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

whyoh wrote:Meh....I don't mind the "WYO"

They can wear pink tutu's for all I care if it means a winning season

Exactly my thoughts. I like this quote from another team board I frequent, one with arguably more history than Wyoming...
At the end of the day, recruits dig this poop. And I don't really care that much. So if messing with the uniforms results in one good recruit picking us over school X and school Y, then it was totally worth it.