Practice jersey signaling change?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'm not advocating for a change of logo or brand, only to see some diversity among the uniforms and helmets. We can start off by making the helmet in my avatar the primary helmet. It's time for something new and badass looking.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

J-Rod wrote:I'm not advocating for a change of logo or brand, only to see some diversity among the uniforms and helmets. We can start off by making the helmet in my avatar the primary helmet. It's time for something new and badass looking.
Yes we both agree the helmet in your avatar is amazing and it should be designed asap.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

joshvanklomp wrote:Another point to add is that they were still looking for their brand, coming in as a fairly new 4-year institution.

No matter what changes we make, I'm fairly certain our brand is still going to be Steamboat. I don't see that changing any time soon. There are only so many ways you can design a helmet with two school colors and an established brand.

I know everyone wants to be like Oregon (especially BP :lol: ), but it's important to remember that we don't have Nike in our backyard.
I'm certainly not asking to be Oregonesque with our unis but there was absolutely no reason to get rid of the uni combos we had under CDC. NONE
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

The thing to understand is, it doesn't make a difference what we want at all. I personally like the old school, 80s unis, but those don't attract recruits, different combos do. So lets bust out different combos! Maybe use the throwback once a year, but we should be changing it up
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

wyokoke wrote:The thing to understand is, it doesn't make a difference what we want at all. I personally like the old school, 80s unis, but those don't attract recruits, different combos do. So lets bust out different combos! Maybe use the throwback once a year, but we should be changing it up
If we get the '80s (1987-96) throwbacks once a year, I'll happy with the bazillion different unis for us....just as long we get the throwbacks. Once. A. Year.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
wyokoke wrote:The thing to understand is, it doesn't make a difference what we want at all. I personally like the old school, 80s unis, but those don't attract recruits, different combos do. So lets bust out different combos! Maybe use the throwback once a year, but we should be changing it up
If we get the '80s (1987-96) throwbacks once a year, I'll happy with the bazillion different unis for us....just as long we get the throwbacks. Once. A. Year.
I agree. But the point you and JVK need to understand, keeping one classic/boring uni style isn't in our best interests. Sure, it works for Penn State or Bama or LSU or Michigan (usually...) but how many nattys do those schools have? And how many do we have to lean on? More relevant, how many have had real success semi-recently? How much have we had? A New Mexico Bowl doesn't cut it
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Retro games would be nice. Hell have a whole retro night with 50 cent hotdogs etc......
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I guess we can look at it this way Wyoming is actually "unique" in the fact we don't have multiple Jersey's. We finally do something different and you guys complain! We are now the new Oregon of college football in that we are the only team to have just 2 Jerseys. Sell that to recruits and blow their freakin mind!
I'm good for 3!
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

:dead:
52-56
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Hey that horse is still alive..... :popcorn:
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Those that like the old school look will be happy.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

wyocowboy2014 wrote:Those that like the old school look will be happy.
Paging Wyokie

I dig the old school look too, for the record.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

When I think of Wyoming uniforms I just think of how the state in general is 10 years behind everyone else in most not but all aspects the ones that count they fall short on. I'm in the minority when it comes to uniforms and if I had any say in it we would never use ugly ass gray uniforms again.

That camo uniform would have been amazing if it was a black base.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Got the low down from Tim Harkins yesterday -- no changes for this season's uniforms.
Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

Cornpoke wrote:I guess we can look at it this way Wyoming is actually "unique" in the fact we don't have multiple Jersey's. We finally do something different and you guys complain! We are now the new Oregon of college football in that we are the only team to have just 2 Jerseys. Sell that to recruits and blow their freakin mind!
Are you saying they don't even use the gold ones anymore? How about the Brown helmets?
The Virginian
Cowpoke

This one should be our throwback uniforms, IMHO. If it was good enough for the 1968 Sugar Bowl team, it's good enough for now.

Check out Bob Jacobs at the bottom next to Archie Manning in the 1970 Playboy All-America Team.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

DINO wrote:Got the low down from Tim Harkins yesterday -- no changes for this season's uniforms.
Thanks for stating what I already said.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

The Virginian wrote:Image

This one should be our throwback uniforms, IMHO. If it was good enough for the 1968 Sugar Bowl team, it's good enough for now.

Check out Bob Jacobs at the bottom next to Archie Manning in the 1970 Playboy All-America Team.
Close, but more modern.

On a side note, it does not take a rocket scientist to get close to what eventual new jerseys will look like. I am not talking about any jersey specifically, but Nike does not offer us anything special. You can use their jersey builder to get close using the same jersey options that they give us. Try your luck. Click on any of the jerseys on the first page to customize them.

http://niketeam.nike.com/US/en_US/?l=sh ... gender=Men" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Anybody remember the cars of the late 50's? Loaded with gratuitous chrome junk. A totally cluttered look. That's what some uniforms are becoming now. To me it looks awful. Give me clean lines with a great color combination anytime. Maybe just a VERY minimum of trim, but only to differentiate your team from the rest.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

Adv8RU12 wrote:Anybody remember the cars of the late 50's? Loaded with gratuitous chrome junk. A totally cluttered look. That's what some uniforms are becoming now. To me it looks awful. Give me clean lines with a great color combination anytime. Maybe just a VERY minimum of trim, but only to differentiate your team from the rest.
:thumbdown: I respect everyone has their own opinion but that's just way to boring for me.