Practice jersey signaling change?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

BJC wrote:oh my.....how about you put heart-rate monitors/impact detectors/etc, etc and charge for "inside access" to view your favorite player through an app or something...see their heart rate o2 etc.....obviously would be nice for medical staff and a cool feature for fans.

100% random

Throwback uni's...for ONE GAME only.
There might be a few HIPAA violations with that idea, haha. Although, just as a hypothetical scenario it would be pretty cool. There are some really interesting things happening in the world of sport tracking. Impact detectors in helmets to tell when a player takes either too big of a hit or takes enough small hits to be cause for concern and pull from action before they get a concussion. Or putting GPS trackers on every player so you can log distance run, velocity, work put in, high intensity work vs. low intensity work, acceleration, etc. Really interesting stuff IMO.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Why the f-word are we still having this conversation?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote:
BJC wrote:oh my.....how about you put heart-rate monitors/impact detectors/etc, etc and charge for "inside access" to view your favorite player through an app or something...see their heart rate o2 etc.....obviously would be nice for medical staff and a cool feature for fans.

100% random

There might be a few HIPAA violations with that idea, haha. Although, just as a hypothetical scenario it would be pretty cool. There are some really interesting things happening in the world of sport tracking. Impact detectors in helmets to tell when a player takes either too big of a hit or takes enough small hits to be cause for concern and pull from action before they get a concussion. Or putting GPS trackers on every player so you can log distance run, velocity, work put in, high intensity work vs. low intensity work, acceleration, etc. Really interesting stuff IMO.
EXACTLY......sure players would volunteer/sign release
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

BJC wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:

100% random

I think opposing coaches would be the biggest subscribers. "Hit 52; 1 more hit according to his helmet monitor and he is out of there. Run a fly route on 42; his O2 is way down and body temp high" etc. etc.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:

100% random

What you are talking about is very likely the future of football at all levels in 20 years or less. I paid my dues with playing through numerous concussions and injuries and I'm still paying.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
BJC wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:

100% random

I think opposing coaches would be the biggest subscribers. "Hit 52; 1 more hit according to his helmet monitor and he is out of there. Run a fly route on 42; his O2 is way down and body temp high" etc. etc.

True...have to make it secure
BJC
A Real Cowboy

WYCowboy wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:

100% random

What you are talking about is very likely the future of football at all levels in 20 years or less. I paid my dues with playing through numerous concussions and injuries and I'm still paying.
Yep......the light sensitivity...headaches...woozy feeling was "just football" and probably still is at some point. At least people are more aware today.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

BJC wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
BJC wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:

100% random

True...have to make it secure
I can see the Patriots having "monitor gate"...
mnewman92
Buckaroo

Spartanmike15 wrote:
DINO wrote:
Spartanmike15 wrote:Campus store. $90 I believe. They sell them online at yahoo sports shop, fanatics, etc. The store on campus has both gold and brown. Would love to find a game worn gold or white to wear. That's what most of my others are. I have about 10 or so game worn sjsu jerseys from over the past years.
Thanks for the info...I asked on another thread several weeks ago why they don't make the 'official' game worn jersey available for sale? I'd buy one in a second - would think a lot of people would.
San Jose sells the old ones. Most recent I got are 2 from their first year in the MWC. They actually have the MWC patch on them. Wyoming could make a ton of money for the athletic dept by selling old equipment. San Jose always sells used gear each spring game. Not just for football but for all the sports. Prices started at $125 a few years ago then slowly dropped. This last spring I got 2 for $50 because I renewed my season tickets before a certain date. Reg price was $50 each. You know people would pay that much to get one.
Are the brown replica ones in the same style as the gold or completely different ? I have a few Air Force game jerseys and would love a game gold or white WYO one as well. Not so much brown. I like the game jerseys better. I have a gold WYO replica I got last season and it's nowhere near the same. Also I like the snugged fit. Sucks they're so hard to come by
Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

mnewman92 wrote:
Spartanmike15 wrote:
DINO wrote:
Spartanmike15 wrote:Campus store. $90 I believe. They sell them online at yahoo sports shop, fanatics, etc. The store on campus has both gold and brown. Would love to find a game worn gold or white to wear. That's what most of my others are. I have about 10 or so game worn sjsu jerseys from over the past years.
Thanks for the info...I asked on another thread several weeks ago why they don't make the 'official' game worn jersey available for sale? I'd buy one in a second - would think a lot of people would.
San Jose sells the old ones. Most recent I got are 2 from their first year in the MWC. They actually have the MWC patch on them. Wyoming could make a ton of money for the athletic dept by selling old equipment. San Jose always sells used gear each spring game. Not just for football but for all the sports. Prices started at $125 a few years ago then slowly dropped. This last spring I got 2 for $50 because I renewed my season tickets before a certain date. Reg price was $50 each. You know people would pay that much to get one.
Are the brown replica ones in the same style as the gold or completely different ? I have a few Air Force game jerseys and would love a game gold or white WYO one as well. Not so much brown. I like the game jerseys better. I have a gold WYO replica I got last season and it's nowhere near the same. Also I like the snugged fit. Sucks they're so hard to come by
They only have the gold WYO and the old brown Wyoming that looks nothing like the jersey in the stores. With people talking about just the home and road jerseys, did thy get rid of the gold jersey?
mnewman92
Buckaroo

They only have the gold WYO and the old brown Wyoming that looks nothing like the jersey in the stores. With people talking about just the home and road jerseys, did thy get rid of the gold jersey?[/quote]

I know they still used the gold for the brown and gold spring game. That's about it though.
Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

mnewman92 wrote:They only have the gold WYO and the old brown Wyoming that looks nothing like the jersey in the stores. With people talking about just the home and road jerseys, did thy get rid of the gold jersey?
I know they still used the gold for the brown and gold spring game. That's about it though.[/quote]

That's stupid. Why the hell do they still sell them in the store and online then? Glad I spent $90 on a jersey they don't even wear anymore.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Spartanmike15 wrote:
That's stupid. Why the hell do they still sell them in the store and online then? Glad I spent $90 on a jersey they don't even wear anymore.
Sorry, man. Maybe try selling it to Wyokie? He loves outdated poop.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

cali2wyo wrote:
Spartanmike15 wrote:
Sorry, man. Maybe try selling it to Wyokie? He loves outdated poop.
:punch: That's Wyokie getting back to you.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Even though we beat a dead horse with a uniform thread every year I think this video puts an exclamation mark on what we're talking about.
Nearly 80 of the 128 FBS teams have made some sort of uniform change, and we've got them all covered.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13522068" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;