" Wyoming is a joke and won't be televising or streaming.."

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I'd choose Vegas wyo2dal. Just saying ;)
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

laxwyo wrote:I'd choose Vegas wyo2dal. Just saying ;)
Definitely was an awesome time, Wish I would have bet more!
TracyRingolsby
Buckaroo

BJC wrote:This from a Big Sky team............

"The truth is that Wyoming is a Big Sky School on steroids."

"Except the Big Sky knows how to stream games."

No TV for this game at all.

"looks as though Bohl has really moved up in the football world."

I'm upset about the lack of streaming as well....and now I hope this stuff gets to the players...and I hope this gets ugly.

Fans are fans but well......lets just let them hear the woopin' on the radio. Although other than Fresno St.....we haven't wooped anyone. :oops:
Maybe North Dakota will eventually be invited to the big boy table and accepted in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, which is the class of the FCS with the likes of North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Indiana State, So Illinois, Northern Iowa, Missouri State, South Dakota, Illinoid State, Youngstown State and Western Illinois. Been known to have 5 of top 20 at FBS level.
Last edited by TracyRingolsby on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Delete
Last edited by Hayduke on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Hayduke wrote:
TracyRingolsby wrote:

I'm upset about the lack of streaming as well....and now I hope this stuff gets to the players...and I hope this gets ugly.

Fans are fans but well......lets just let them hear the woopin' on the radio. Although other than Fresno St.....we haven't wooped anyone. :oops:
Maybe North Dakota will eventually be invited to the big boy table and accepted in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, which is the class of the FBS with the likes of North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Indiana State, So Illinois, Northern Iowa, Missouri State, South Dakota, Illinoid State, Youngstown State and Western Illinois. Been known to have 5 of top 20 at FBS level.
The "class of the FBS"?

They have been of the FCS lately. We'll see how that pans out after that game in Mizxoula.

Obviously, those UND fans don't really appreciate the difference between FBS, even at a lower level, and FCS. There is a gap of over a milkion dollars a year, for example, between what Bohl earns as opposed to any football coach in the state of North Dakota.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

TracyRingolsby wrote:

Maybe North Dakota will eventually be invited to the big boy table and accepted in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, which is the class of the FCS with the likes of North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Indiana State, So Illinois, Northern Iowa, Missouri State, South Dakota, Illinoid State, Youngstown State and Western Illinois. Been known to have 5 of top 20 at FBS level.
Tracy you are right, they are just used to seeing NDSU on ESPN and state wide tv for every single game, its like the 4 year old lil brother that wants your toys. SORRY!

Bravo for Wyoming in seeing that this is a meaningless non conference romp that doesn't need to be shown on tv.
hithere
Ranch Hand

lakesbison wrote: Bravo for Wyoming in seeing that this is a meaningless non conference romp that doesn't need to be shown on tv.
Every single game should be televised or streamed in 2015, you louse picking retard. Those UND fans are correct; Wyoming's lack of streaming is a joke.
siouxfan512
Buckaroo

lakesbison wrote:
TracyRingolsby wrote:

Tracy you are right, they are just used to seeing NDSU on ESPN and state wide tv for every single game, its like the 4 year old lil brother that wants your toys. SORRY!

Bravo for Wyoming in seeing that this is a meaningless non conference romp that doesn't need to be shown on tv.
Don't be so ridiculous. I understand you are a Bison fan, and don't like UND, but this game actually has nothing to do with NDSU. Personally, it is really disappointing that we can't even get a webcast for this, as that is how we are able to view most of the Big Sky conference games (great for those of us who don't live in the NoDak region). Hoping I'll be able to get the game on the radio this weekend, and really pumped for football to be starting.

Sounds like Wyoming is getting better, with two strong running backs and the FBS transfer QB. Sounds like a young defense based on what I have read, but I don't know much about Wyoming. UND's strength won't be its offense, but our defense should be sound, particularly our front seven. Corners need to prove themselves, and it sounds like we should be fairly strong at safety.

No idea what to expect out of our QB, as he has only played two games, and was a true freshman last season. Unfortunately, when we got a new coach last year, two of our top receivers transferred out and left us thin at the position. We had a walk on step up last season, and this year we added a FBS transfer from Arizona, who will hopefully add some speed and stretch the field.

RB will also be interesting, but unknow. We have 1 guy leftover from last season. 1 FBS transfer from Alabama-Birminham. 3 Freshman (Oliveira - a top recruit from Winnipeg (pretty built for a freshman), Santiago (undersized, but very fast - Speed compared to Weston Dressler for those who follow the Saskatchewan Roughriders (I know I saw some post on here referencing the Roughriders), and Iwarri Smith (Another speedster, but needs to put some muscle on. Had a walk on offer at Oregon, and I believe a B10 track offer as well.

Can't wait for Saturday!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I highly recommend the "All Football" App on iphone (don't know if it's on android), you can listen to all local radio broadcasts of most college games and all NFL games. I believe it's $1.99
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
siouxfan512
Buckaroo

LasCrucesPoke wrote:I highly recommend the "All Football" App on iphone (don't know if it's on android), you can listen to all local radio broadcasts of most college games and all NFL games. I believe it's $1.99
Appreciate the info, I think I'll be able to get the broadcast through the UND app as well. Though I will be in northern Minnesota at the lake place and internet is not always the best. Hope to hear a good game though.
hithere
Ranch Hand

siouxfan512 wrote:
Appreciate the info, I think I'll be able to get the broadcast through the UND app as well. Though I will be in northern Minnesota at the lake place and internet is not always the best. Hope to hear a good game though.
What lake? I spent a lot of time around Detroit Lakes and Park Rapids growing up. Great memories.
siouxfan512
Buckaroo

hithere wrote:
siouxfan512 wrote:
What lake? I spent a lot of time around Detroit Lakes and Park Rapids growing up. Great memories.
Pelican, right outside of Pelican Rapids. Close to the Pelican Zorbaz. Probably around 30 min from Detroit Lakes.
hithere
Ranch Hand

siouxfan512 wrote: Pelican, right outside of Pelican Rapids. Close to the Pelican Zorbaz. Probably around 30 min from Detroit Lakes.
Nice place. At least you'll be in a place like that, catching fish and drinking cold beer to stave off the despair you'll feel Saturday night.
siouxfan512
Buckaroo

hithere wrote:
siouxfan512 wrote: Pelican, right outside of Pelican Rapids. Close to the Pelican Zorbaz. Probably around 30 min from Detroit Lakes.
Nice place. At least you'll be in a place like that, catching fish and drinking cold beer to stave off the despair you'll feel Saturday night.
Bahaha, I hope I'll be celebrating, but we'll see. I'll be with my in-laws who are all Bison fans, so I may have to make some friendly jabs about last weekend.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time

never said it had anything to do with ndsu, just replying to people in this thread trying to understand that talk from und fans and that they are a tad pissy because of all the attention ndsu gets siouxfan15 & judging by your reply,im right.

now, to stay on topic, like I said, Wyoming is smart by not showing this on tv, its a meaningless non conference game & they need to get people to drive to Laramie for it.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
siouxfan512
Buckaroo

lakesbison wrote:never said it had anything to do with ndsu, just replying to people in this thread trying to understand that talk from und fans and that they are a tad pissy because of all the attention ndsu gets siouxfan15 & judging by your reply,im right.

now, to stay on topic, like I said, Wyoming is smart by not showing this on tv, its a meaningless non conference game & they need to get people to drive to Laramie for it.
I really could care less about NDSUs national attention compared to UNDs. My in-laws are huge Bison fans, so I've tended to pull for the bison in the last 4 title games. Really enjoy tailgating in Fargo too. My whole point was, there are people outside of Wyoming, that would love to be able to watch the game, even via webcast. I would gladly pay 10 bucks to buy a webcast.

Now I'm not saying that UND will win, but if they do, then all of a sudden this isn't so meaningless for Wyoming. Obviously Wyoming is the favorite, as they should be, BUT its not like this is Alabama playing Incarnate Word either.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

it is 2015 - every game should be streamed - as someone else said a bit ago. If they are that damned worried about attendance, they should consider:
1.) Saying upfront we are trying to increase attendance - we aren't trying to act like we are in the stone ages.
2.) Take the average cost of a family to travel 50 miles to the game, and set the streaming cost to that amount (call it $120 bucks)*
3.) if your under the age of 18 - your ticket is free (take a play from the drug dealers - get them hooked when they are young).

4.) work on getting that game streamed at local colleges, etc - for youth - for free
5.) seniors - do the same

Seriously - make some incentives to get down to the game. Also, make it realistic to see the game on TV. It may cost a few bucks to do it either way.

I'm sure the athletics department is at Staples right now buying pens and paper to write down my words of wisdom tonight, but hey - it is my 1,000 post - it only took 6 years.....

***** I don't know what the numbers on any of this should be. But the truth is - they have a ton of market research. Think outside the box.