First Home Game Attendance Poll!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!

Project The 9/5 Attendance!

Poll ended at Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:59 pm

<20,000
3%
20,000 - 22,000
29%
22,000 - 24,000
43%
24,000 - 26,000
14%
26,000 - 28,000
6%
28,000 - Capacity
6%
Sellout!
No votes

Total votes: 35
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

I have no clue...my guess is 24K and change because of the poop opponent.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

Announced or actual butts in the seats?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Spartanmike15 wrote:Announced or actual butts in the seats?
Actual - which at Wyoming, you will come to find, is one in the same. Actual as in scanned "tickets" though. There is a bit of our attendance that isn't scanned and let in.
Dear Karma,

Spartanmike15
Buckaroo

McPeachy wrote:
Actual - which at Wyoming, you will come to find, is one in the same. Actual as in scanned "tickets" though. There is a bit of our attendance that isn't scanned and let in.
That's how they started doing it at San Jose a couple years ago. It really shows how hard it is to compete with the 49ers, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks, Earthquakes, Cal and Stanford for people when you look at physical numbers.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Spartanmike15 wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
That's how they started doing it at San Jose a couple years ago. It really shows how hard it is to compete with the 49ers, Raiders, Warriors, Sharks, Earthquakes, Cal and Stanford for people when you look at physical numbers.
It kind of sucks for Wyoming - I mean, you sit in the stands, and the only open seats are the upper - deck corners (maybe 1000 empty seats total) and they announce an attendance of 23,509. Although our official attendance / seating capacity is a pathetic 29,181 (seated) - without additions like put in place for Texass and Knebraska.
Dear Karma,

kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I'll be happy if we hit 20 to 21k for this.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:I'll be happy if we hit 20 to 21k for this.
You gonna make it there?
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Just taking a stab: 22,379
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

22,500 because it's a game we will be favored in, weather warm, and not televised
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

BeaverPoke wrote:
You gonna make it there?
Sadly, no. I will be working my normal DOC job, helping my father in law on the farm, and will be getting my offense scheme ready for week 2 against our rivals. So if you're going cheer extra loud for me. With my schedule, if I get to go its in Nov, if the roads are good.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

kansasCowboy wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
You gonna make it there?
Sadly, no. I will be working my normal DOC job, helping my father in law on the farm, and will be getting my offense scheme ready for week 2 against our rivals. So if you're going cheer extra loud for me. With my schedule, if I get to go its in Nov, if the roads are good.
I forgot you coach. I won't be there, I want to but I can't justify getting to Laramie right now.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

So far 75% that participated believe the War will have < 24,000 fans in attendance next Saturday.

Pretty sad, considering it is the home opener, and supposed to be 75 out. Then again, the opponent...ugh.
Dear Karma,

WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

What better way to start the Labor Day weekend than a trip to Laramie to watch the Pokes? C'mon people! My plan is to head to the game, then load up and get to the lake by Saturday night.
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

This is the easiest attendance poll of all time. It'll be less than 20k, and it probably won't be close. It's a holiday weekend, and as we all know, the students all go home for holidays at UW. While the "working" fan total might be higher, the student attendance will be pitifully low. Plus, it's a terrible opposing team. I'd guess about 15-16k, tops.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

spindoctor02 wrote:This is the easiest attendance poll of all time. It'll be less than 20k, and it probably won't be close. It's a holiday weekend, and as we all know, the students all go home for holidays at UW. While the "working" fan total might be higher, the student attendance will be pitifully low. Plus, it's a terrible opposing team. I'd guess about 15-16k, tops.

My god if that happens it would be beyond pathetic.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam wrote:
spindoctor02 wrote:This is the easiest attendance poll of all time. It'll be less than 20k, and it probably won't be close. It's a holiday weekend, and as we all know, the students all go home for holidays at UW. While the "working" fan total might be higher, the student attendance will be pitifully low. Plus, it's a terrible opposing team. I'd guess about 15-16k, tops.

My god if that happens it would be beyond pathetic.
Welcome to 1998 vs Montana St... And that was when we were winning.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

No way in hell do we have less than 20K...although anything less than a sellout for the home opener is pathetic in my opinion. The joint only hold 28K and change these days...and the if the trend continues, we will be down to 25k in a few years.

I have always been of the thought / mind, that UW would be away on Labor Day weekend, and it seems like forever since that has happened. Fans can make a weekend out of it, huntin' folk can do what they do, hippies can go to the music festival, etc.
Dear Karma,

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
No way in hell do we have less than 20K...although anything less than a sellout for the home opener is pathetic in my opinion. The joint only hold 28K and change these days...and the if the trend continues, we will be down to 25k in a few years.

I have always been of the thought / mind, that UW would be away on Labor Day weekend, and it seems like forever since that has happened. Fans can make a weekend out of it, huntin' folk can do what they do, hippies can go to the music festival, etc.

Talking about moving War Memorial down to 25 bums me out.

Utah is in the works of upgrading Rice-Eccles. Changing the capacity from 45K to 55K.

Man oh man it's crazy how far apart Wyo and Utah are now after being on the same playing field for decades.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Arizona state is downgrading from 71,000 to 60,000 seats which in my opinion is perfect.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.