Gameday Promotion

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Why isn't UW pushing the season opener like they did last year? Anyone else bothered by this?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

My guess is "they" forgot to. Or they think that Josh Turner will make it happen for them. Or they are more invested in UW vs. Ohio State volleyball. Etc.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I was wondering the same thing...Is the Athletic Department only excited about football when its the first game featuring a new coach? I think they're missing the boat on this one...

"Season two of a very heralded coach in his search for past success"

"Presenting a hired gunslinger under center looking for redemption"

"Featuring the most dynamic running back tandem in the Mountain West"

The list goes on and on...It would not be difficult to build a ton of buzz and pack asses in that stadium... Its sad really...
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I think last years push really pushed the attendance numbers up, it got the state excited for the game. I haven't seen one thing about this game.
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

"They" just don't get it and are relegating "us" to almost certain obscurity in NCAA sports. Couldn't have picked a worse time in history for their kind of small-time.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Selling Wick and Hill as Thunder&Lightning 2.0 should be a major selling point.

Selling the experienced Big10 QB looking for a fresh start- and finish to his career in Wyo should be a selling point.

Selling the fact we have a new college football season upon should be a selling point!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

I know they're having another kickoff concert.....they've been playing radio commercials here for over a month
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
gopokes1399
Blog Team

whyoh wrote:I know they're having another kickoff concert.....they've been playing radio commercials here for over a month
Where is here? and I am talking about the website they had last year and everything. The promotion was awesome... There is a lot to be excited about and first game of the year there is no excuse not to have 25K there
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I think there is some conservative spending going on as well. The governor has already said they will most likely not be able to pay for the normal budget without dipping into reserves. Even though we should already have money allocated for this, they may be holding back in case things go south next year in terms of allocated funds. This may not have anything to do with it, but could be a reason.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote:
whyoh wrote:I know they're having another kickoff concert.....they've been playing radio commercials here for over a month
Where is here? and I am talking about the website they had last year and everything. The promotion was awesome... There is a lot to be excited about and first game of the year there is no excuse not to have 25K there
Doesn't it say Casper under my avatar?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'