dumb question?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

Can fans come on the field at the end of games yet and do players stay on the field after?

Are there any events going on vs ND? Any HOF inductees etc.
GO POKES!!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

jbeiermann wrote:Can fans come on the field at the end of games yet and do players stay on the field after?

Are there any events going on vs ND? Any HOF inductees etc.
Typically fans are not allowed onto the field after the game, however, whenever I leave the post game pressers I often find 50-60 people out on the field - this is well after the game has ended. Not sure if these are people with connections one way or another to the program (friends-families of players & staff)
jbeiermann
Ranch Hand

Did they stop this in the Craig Bohl era, or was i dumb and made the journey on the field with no issue?
GO POKES!!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

I'm not really sure, in fact, I'm not positive of the answer I gave you previously. I would think that security would not let just anyone on the field at the conclusion of any game...then again?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I had no issues getting onto the field after games...

I don't remember what years those were though... lol
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Fans getting on the field to chat with players, etc. left along with Joe Glenn, I believe.

The stadium is open to the public on non-gamedays though. At least it's always open when we have our annual family turkey bowl there lol
PCB
Ranch Hand

It left with the arrival of Mr. Personality himself, Dave C. It was always fun to go on the field, chat with the players, let your kids see how big these guys are, let kids chat with them, family members, girlfriends etc. got to visit with them. It was all fun. This should be brought back immediately. :x
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

While it was always something really fun it's something that will sooner or later not be allowed in Basketball as well. There has been a lot of talk about how dangerous it can be for both visiting teams and fans. If you went to the MWC Tournament in Vegas they gave a pretty big speech about at the end of the game before fans were allowed on the court the opposing team would have to be completely cleared off.

Now this is a bigger issue for teams that have 100k in attendance something we will never have to worry about but changes the big schools make will eventually roll down hill to the small schools.