Congrats MrTitleist!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The Griz SHOCK the Bison on national TV!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I pray for his liver. :lol:

What a great game to kick off the season. :rockon:
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Great game to start the season...I couldn't help to think as I watched that there are a few teams in the Big Sky that could/should be a part of an expanded MWC eventually.

Montana certainly, along with Montana State, Idaho State, and even though they're not in the Big Sky I also see Idaho being part of the MWC as making some sense.

I'd trade a few of these schools for a Hawaii or a San Jose State.

Also: I'd love to see NDSU as a part of the MWC.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Eeeeww, Idaho?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

laxwyo wrote:Eeeeww, Idaho?

I know, I know, I'm talking about schools that make more regional sense.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

DINO wrote: I know, I know, I'm talking about schools that make more regional sense.
They struggle to fill a barn that can hold 15K people. They belong in the FCS, maybe lower.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:
DINO wrote: I know, I know, I'm talking about schools that make more regional sense.
They struggle to fill a barn that can hold 15K people. They belong in the FCS, maybe lower.
Okay, so perhaps I was being too kind to the folks in Moscow...
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

DINO wrote:Great game to start the season...I couldn't help to think as I watched that there are a few teams in the Big Sky that could/should be a part of an expanded MWC eventually.

Montana certainly, along with Montana State, Idaho State, and even though they're not in the Big Sky I also see Idaho being part of the MWC as making some sense.

Idaho State??? Have you lost your f-word mind?
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

It was a great game. What an ending!
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Cuttslam wrote:
DINO wrote:Great game to start the season...I couldn't help to think as I watched that there are a few teams in the Big Sky that could/should be a part of an expanded MWC eventually.

Idaho State??? Have you lost your f-word mind?
I'll need to go all the way back to 1963 to consider how long it's been since my mind went AWOL.

On the other hand, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Idaho State.

P.S. It took this long for someone to say something about Idaho State?
BJC
A Real Cowboy

No "first year coach" "don't have his guys yet" excuses yesterday. Was a great game with a great final.

All I heard about him was offense but their defense looked pretty good considering their size against a much larger o-line/power offense etc.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

My poor, Fireball soaked liver survived! Holy poop yesterday was awesome. So much fun. Probably the best game I've seen in person. Stitt f'ing brought it to the Bison. Rolling up almost 600 yards on one of the best defenses in FCS.. whooowheee. Great start to college football.

Now to find some water and some greasy tacos......
ImageImageImageImage
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

MrTitleist wrote:My poor, Fireball soaked liver survived! Holy poop yesterday was awesome. So much fun. Probably the best game I've seen in person. Stitt f'ing brought it to the Bison. Rolling up almost 600 yards on one of the best defenses in FCS.. whooowheee. Great start to college football.

Now to find some water and some greasy tacos......

Mmmmmm Fireball........ Makes me thirsty just thinking about it.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

This is exactly why I was behind Stitt as the hire at Wyoming after DC was fired. (Although everyone here basically told me I was off my rocker)

I will say that I like the Bohl hire but what I have seen Stitt do over the years with far inferior talent is downright incredible. Mines often had the size and speed of a high school team yet set numerous D2 records on the offensive side of the ball. MInes endured 50 years of losing badly before Stitt arrived.

Think about this. Stitt inherited a power running team at Montana which is far from the type of team you would want to run his offense. In game 1, Stitt knocks off the 4 time defending National Champs that returns one of the best QBs in the country. Could Wyoming have beat NDSU last year? I would say unlikely.

This post is not a knock on Bohl as I am excited for the future of the program. But Stitt is one of the best coaching minds in the country and has been for years even if he was completely unnoticed by the general public. BTW, Stitt is not a Joe Glenn type of a coach either. There are many former Mines players that do not care for Stitt at all but they all do respect him as a coach and what he helped achieve.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:This is exactly why I was behind Stitt as the hire at Wyoming after DC was fired. (Although everyone here basically told me I was off my rocker)

I will say that I like the Bohl hire but what I have seen Stitt do over the years with far inferior talent is downright incredible. Mines often had the size and speed of a high school team yet set numerous D2 records on the offensive side of the ball. MInes endured 50 years of losing badly before Stitt arrived.

Think about this. Stitt inherited a power running team at Montana which is far from the type of team you would want to run his offense. In game 1, Stitt knocks off the 4 time defending National Champs that returns one of the best QBs in the country. Could Wyoming have beat NDSU last year? I would say unlikely.

This post is not a knock on Bohl as I am excited for the future of the program. But Stitt is one of the best coaching minds in the country and has been for years even if he was completely unnoticed by the general public. BTW, Stitt is not a Joe Glenn type of a coach either. There are many former Mines players that do not care for Stitt at all but they all do respect him as a coach and what he helped achieve.
No, but we beat Montana last year with a first year head coach who changed the offensive philosophy from a spread to a power running offense. NDSU was also replacing a lot of starters.

I like Stitt, but did not care for his aggressive play-calling the first half. Good win for Montana.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

OrediggerPoke wrote:This is exactly why I was behind Stitt as the hire at Wyoming after DC was fired. (Although everyone here basically told me I was off my rocker)

So your saying the Montana team from a year ago that couldn't beat Wyoming is that different today? It only took one year for them to change that much?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:

So your saying the Montana team from a year ago that couldn't beat Wyoming is that different today? It only took one year for them to change that much?
Montana did lose to NDSU in Fargo last year by 12. To me, it looked like Montana's D really stepped up in this game.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Comparing last years NDSU team to this years team isn't a close comparison. Their offense will be very good but their defense isn't close to the same team. They lost a ton on defense.

I do believe Stitt is a good coach though and I predicted Montana would beat NDSU at home or had a good shot at it because of Stitt's innovative offense and 8 returning starters on defense for Montana.

Would I rather have Stitt than Bohl though? Right now I would say no. Who knows though in a couple years. Guess we will see how things turn out. I'm sure if Bohl doesn't do well for some reason and Stitt does do well at Montana then he will be the next coach here. I have a feeling Bohl will be just fine though.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Let's be honest here. NDSU los that game with atrocious play calling late. After Montana kicked that field goal putting them down 4, NDSU should've ran the ball, milked the clock and made Montana use their timeouts. But they threw the ball on 2nd and 3rd down giving Montana free timeouts. If Bohl was at NDSU, they would've won that game. Not a knock against Montana, but NDSU gave that game away.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

JimmyDimes wrote:I like Stitt, but did not care for his aggressive play-calling the first half. Good win for Montana.
Stitt calls a football game like a teenager playing Madden.. and I love it. That's what sets him a part from his peers.. he's not afraid to make calls that would get him fired in many places.
ImageImageImageImage