Coffman a rare breed among senior transfer QB's

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Cameron Coffman is a rare breed.

In the past decade, dozens of established quarterbacks have transferred after completing their degree, becoming immediately eligible at another school to finish out their college careers with one last season.

Some transition seamlessly, like Russell Wilson, who starred at Wisconsin in 2011 after three seasons at North Carolina State.

Others struggle, like Danny O’Brien, who started in 2010 and 2011 at Maryland, transferred to Wisconsin and spent most of the 2012 season as a backup.

And then there’s Coffman, who fits neither category.

The former Indiana starter enrolled at Wyoming in June 2014, but because he wasn’t a graduate transfer, he had to sit out last season to satisfy NCAA rules.

A 6-foot-2, 198-pound senior, Coffman has one final season of college football, and it’s been more than a year in the making.

And now...for the rest of the story--> http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 52b1b.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Last season it was more or less a given that Colby Kirkegaard was going to be the Pokes starting QB come hell or high water for the entire season. There was no leash to speak of - options were practically non-existent.

This season, I feel like Coffman, although the starter now, will be on lease that could be shortened with each passing game depending on how both he and the entire offense fare.

With Josh Allen emerging and opening a lot of eyes the last few months, I get the sense that while a red shirt for Allen might be best for the program, I think Bohl will be very tempted to make a change from Coffman to Allen if there is not enough production.