Broncos related: Manning

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Any of you watching the game tonight?

The defense is an absolute bear and they've acquired a junkyard dog mentality. They might approach 50 sacks by the time the season is over.

Ironically the player who will hold this team back the most this season is #18.

Manning should have retired after last season when the writing was on the wall.

Woefully weak arm strength, sadly he's turned into a dink & dunk passer...can't throw outside the numbers at all, can't stretch the field by any means, cement feet, it's over. He's a very old 39 playing like he's 49.

Meanwhile Oz continues to to look like the best quarterback on the roster.

I fear this isn't going to end well for Peyton Manning.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

It was not impressive for Mr. Manning. Is it the new offensive scheme? Or is it just bad decisions? Or it is that he's just losing it physically?

hmmmm...
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Hayduke wrote:It was not impressive for Mr. Manning. Is it the new offensive scheme? Or is it just bad decisions? Or it is that he's just losing it physically?

hmmmm...
The physicality part is the thing that I notice...the difference between 18 and Oz in terms of physicality, athleticism, and in regard to generally looking like a football player is striking.

Perhaps he can find some rejuvenation between now and week #1, but at this point he looks worn and haggard. His football IQ may still be there - but his inability to throw the ball beyond mostly check downs is pretty obvious.

Also: Consider he looked ragged and impotent on a pretty sultry August evening last night...how will he look after a full season of 16 games, on into January, cold weather, etc? I don't bet, but if I did, I play heavy money against Manning finishing this upcoming season intact, healthy, and effective.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DINO wrote:
Hayduke wrote:It was not impressive for Mr. Manning. Is it the new offensive scheme? Or is it just bad decisions? Or it is that he's just losing it physically?

hmmmm...
The physicality part is the thing that I notice...the difference between 18 and Oz in terms of physicality, athleticism, and in regard to generally looking like a football player is striking.

Perhaps he can find some rejuvenation between now and week #1, but at this point he looks worn and haggard. His football IQ may still be there - but his inability to throw the ball beyond mostly check downs is pretty obvious.

Also: Consider he looked ragged and impotent on a pretty sultry August evening last night...how will he look after a full season of 16 games, on into January, cold weather, etc? I don't bet, but if I did, I play heavy money against Manning finishing this upcoming season intact, healthy, and effective.
FWIW, Elway said he's rather take a rusty Peyton in week 1 than a worn out one at the end of the season.

I am a huge Broncos fan, so I don't want to believe that Peyton is struggling.
And I don't believe he will struggle throughout the season.

I think if the Broncos offense is struggling because it doesn't suit Peyton, and Kubiak forces Peyton to run it, and the Broncos are losing games because of it, that would be one of the biggest coaching mistakes you could ever make.
You coach to the players abilities that you have.

If the offense isn't clicking, you let Peyton take a bit more control, work from the shotgun, whatever. You have Peyton Manning. You don't force a failing scheme on Peyton Manning.

At the end of the day, the Broncos defense is going to be nasty, and the offense will be lead by Peyton Manning. I am excited for the season.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Beaver, I hope you're right. I'm usually pretty optimistic, but not this year.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
DINO wrote:

hmmmm...

FWIW, Elway said he's rather take a rusty Peyton in week 1 than a worn out one at the end of the season.

I think if the Broncos offense is struggling because it doesn't suit Peyton, and Kubiak forces Peyton to run it, and the Broncos are losing games because of it, that would be one of the biggest coaching mistakes you could ever make.

If the offense isn't clicking, you let Peyton take a bit more control, work from the shotgun, whatever. You have Peyton Manning. You don't force a failing scheme on Peyton Manning.

At the end of the day, the Broncos defense is going to be nasty, and the offense will be lead by Peyton Manning. I am excited for the season.
I can practically guarantee you that Kubes isn't going to change the offense to fit Manning.

The quarterback best suited to run this offense is Brock - not Peyton.

The eye test doesn't lie - Manning's arm strength is getting worse and worse, we saw the start of this last season and it has continued to erode further in the early going of this pre-season. He cannot throw long, throw outside, his mobility (never a strong suit) has dropped another notch -- and the Broncos offense is not best served with him under center any longer imo.

What will be sad if it happens is watching Manning finish out his remaining career on the bench if things don't change with Oz being elevated to the number one role -- perhaps by mid-season.

But that Broncos defense? Wow, havoc is coming for opposing offenses.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

DINO wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DINO wrote:

hmmmm...

I can practically guarantee you that Kubes isn't going to change the offense to fit Manning.

The eye test doesn't lie - Manning's arm strength is getting worse and worse, we saw the start of this last season and it has continued to erode further in the early going of this pre-season. He cannot throw long, throw outside, his mobility (never a strong suit) has dropped another notch -- and the Broncos offense is not best served with him under center any longer imo.

What will be sad if it happens is watching Manning finish out his remaining career on the bench if things don't change with Oz being elevated to the number one role -- perhaps by mid-season.

You're out of your mind if you think Elway will let Kubiak bench Peyton Manning.

I'm not arguing that Osweiler isn't fit for the offense, and that next season Osweiler could be a tier 2 QB, but there is no way they let Manning fail in a system that doesn't fit him.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:
DINO wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:
DINO wrote:

hmmmm...

You're out of your mind if you think Elway will let Kubiak bench Peyton Manning.

I'm not arguing that Osweiler isn't fit for the offense, and that next season Osweiler could be a tier 2 QB, but there is no way they let Manning fail in a system that doesn't fit him.
I see, so let me understand your points correctly. You're going to claim that Manning is the quarterback for the entire season no matter what? If you are claiming this you are proposing that Kubiak, Elway, whomever, would be willing to sit on their hands and watch a season in which the Broncos defense looks as good as it has in the last 25 years, and allow the season to possibly come up well short of expectations just because he's Peyton Manning...and because of this he plays and that's the end of it? Do you think the Broncos collective locker room would be down with such a scenario?

Understand this; if Peyton Manning has gassed out as much as he can during his tremendous career, and if he is no longer capable of directing an offense with the precision and the effectiveness from his previous glory years, I can assure you that his legacy as an all-time NFL great will not dissuade the Broncos from making a change at the position at some point if it comes to that this season.

They are the Denver Broncos, not the Peyton Manning Broncos.

The offense now installed is the offense moving forward. Manning either succeeds in it -- or he will be replaced by someone who can run it better than him.

I said last year he was finished, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. The Broncos thought long and hard to begin with about bringing him back for this season as it is...and in my mind they made a mistake in doing so.

There are 52 other players who wear Broncos uniforms -- and this season (or any season) is not about placating one specific player, especially if that player is not productive.

Sentimentality will have to take a back seat in the name of winning if it's Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Aaron Rogers, or yes, even Peyton Manning.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

To answer your question, yes Peyton will be the QB all season.

Elway is too wrapped up in him.

I am not arguing that he may be gassed. But Elway is too wrapped up in Peyton. Kubiak is not benching him.

Simple as that.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Further proof that Elway is a moron.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote:Further proof that Elway is a moron.

Want to clarify this comment for those of us out of the loop?