OT: NFL thread (for teams other than Broncos)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

How is your NFL team? For me, I've been a 49er fan forever. I have no idea why but a fan nonetheless. Honestly, I think I've given up my fan card. The sniveling little turd owner makes me sick and I've never seen such a catastrophic explosion of a franchise.

That and Kaperdink is about as overrated a QB as there is. Definitely a huge mistake Jim H. made. He could of kept Smith at a much lower cost and continued to build on that D and O-line. Smith would have been enough to win a Super Bowl with that team.

I'm halfway a Chiefs fan this year just because I wouldn't mind seeing Smith go on and be really successful while the 49ers vanquish in their own stupidity. It is hard to be a fan of stupid.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Steelers are looking like they always do; maybe not the best team in the league but definitely contenders. The combination of Roethlisberger, Brown, and Bell is going to be nasty this season. The biggest worry is how the offense is going to look with Maruice Pouncey being out AGAIN this season. We've also got a few suspensions to look forward to with LeVeon Bell and Martavius Bryant both thinking that smoking weed is worth losing hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

My forum name covers my teams both College and NFL. In the 80's and 90's I was the biggest Cowboys fan you have ever seen but today meh. NFL is just not the same players are making so much money they don't even care about the game.

I'll stick with College players aren't making millions yet so they still show love for the game.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

My Packers were looking incredibly strong until Jordy decided to twist the wrong way and tear his ACL. But they still have the best QB/player in the game under center so that can't hurt. Sounds like Cobb's injury isn't going to be serious so the WR corp, while not as good as with Nelson, will still be more than serviceable. Add in Eddie Lacy who might be on the verge of a breakout year and the offense will easily be potent enough to be contenders. The biggest question mark lies in the defense; defense has been the let down for the last 2-3 years. But they've been picking D a lot in the draft for 2 years now, hopefully it will start to pay off.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Looking forward to the Vikings beating the Broncos in Week 4.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Cardinals fan.... was a Raider fan as a kid, that has been pushed into a dark place for about 13 years, but it may be starting to come out again.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Neutral.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Cardinals all the way, had a good friend play for the Cards and lived with me during the seasons he played. Man that was gooooood time.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

For you Cards fans, John Brown is a beast!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Love John Brown, and we're lucky to have a guy like Fitz to mentor our young WRs.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Judge just rules in favor of Brady in "deflategate".

You know, honestly, I don't care from the NFL perspective, but I wonder if all court costs, etc. are covered by the NFL and Brady or are taxpayers on the hook for that?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Man, the NFL is starting to look petty. Ridiculous. I'm not a Brady fan, but this appears, to me, deliberate and childish.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2562 ... ended_pool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Man, the NFL is starting to look petty. Ridiculous. I'm not a Brady fan, but this appears, to me, deliberate and childish.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2562 ... ended_pool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Just as deliberate and childish as the Patriots and Brady have been I think it sends a clear sign.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Man, the NFL is starting to look petty. Ridiculous. I'm not a Brady fan, but this appears, to me, deliberate and childish.

Deflategate was stupid from the moment go. Just the NFL hating the Patriots and their success, a hate that goes back to Spygate! It kinda reminds me of the "war" between Al Davis of the Raiders and Pete Rozelle (NFL Commish: 1960-89). Those two really hated each other!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I'm an Oakland fan. So between Wyoming and the Raiders, I'm depressed for five months. Thank God for fantasy football.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster

How about that game last night what a great way to start a new Football season.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Random thoughts from yesterday and from what I saw.

Interesting match between Mariota and Winston. Polar opposite on that day.
Alex Smith had a good day.
Entire Giants coaching staff should be fired on the spot. Telling them not to score and then Eli throwing it away!?? Wow.
JJ Watt is awesome.

Lots more but those were some of the things that stuck out from the limited amount I watched.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote:I'm an Oakland fan. So between Wyoming and the Raiders, I'm depressed for five months. Thank God for fantasy football.
Hopefully Carr is okay.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LasCrucesPoke wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:I'm an Oakland fan. So between Wyoming and the Raiders, I'm depressed for five months. Thank God for fantasy football.
Hopefully Carr is okay.
Just bruised is latest rumor. Should be able to go as soon as swelling and pain allows.