Brian Hill is a beast!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I think it's about time he gets a thread dedicated to his play. Only 14 games into his Pokes career, and he already has 2 of the 4 greatest rushing performances in Wyoming history.

The dude is a bonafide beast!

Most single-game yards
1. Kevin Lowe (vs. S. Dakota State, 1984) 10-302-3
2. Brian Hill (at Fresno State, 2014) 23-281-2
3. Ryan Christopherson (vs. UTEP, 1994) 27-244-1
4. Brian Hill (vs. Eastern Michigan, 2015) 21-242-2
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
gopokes1399
Blog Team

10-302-3 is incredible... holy cow

But to your point, Hill is a special talent, he has a nice blend of size, speed, and vision. He runs incredibly hard and hopefully he can stay healthy because he has a chance to break a lot of records
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Absolutely, and he seems to already be taking a leadership position on our football team.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

And, he is a sophomore. (One of Bohl's first recruiting class).
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Yes he is. Really fun to watch run the ball.

I kind of thought it was funny before the season when they were talking about Wick potentially becoming our all time leading rusher(which I hope he acheives) I thought, he will only have it for a couple years cuz Hill is going to crush it if he stays healthy.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

He is definitely one bright spot in this disappointing season so far. The one thing I really like about him is how much effort he gives on EVERY play he is in. No matter what the score is. I really believe he will become one of our leaders going forward with this football team.
I'm good for 3!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Cornpoke wrote:He is definitely one bright spot in this disappointing season so far. The one thing I really like about him is how much effort he gives on EVERY play he is in. No matter what the score is. I really believe he will become one of our leaders going forward with this football team.
This. The kid has NO quit in him. He's going to hit you as hard as he can, if you hit harder so be it. But you better be prepared to take on Bryan or he's gonna put one on you. There were a couple times this weekend he took on multiple tacklers and pushed them back. I love watching him!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Hill is a stud. So are the other two sophomores from Bohl's first class.....Cummings and Priester.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Hill is not only strong, fast and powerful, but he has great vision and is incredibly shifty for a tall guy. Wick in my opinion lacks the vision and shiftiness of Hill. Hill's definitely won the job
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:Hill is not only strong, fast and powerful, but he has great vision and is incredibly shifty for a tall guy. Wick in my opinion lacks the vision and shiftiness of Hill. Hill's definitely won the job
I mentioned this in another thread and you hit it right on the head. This year he seems to want to just lower his should and plow into the pile. He has no lateral movement and no adjusting to defenders. Its a shame really.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

gopokes1399 wrote:10-302-3 is incredible... holy cow
I obviously do not remember the 1984 game versus South Dakota State; however, in 1984, I believe that South Dakota State was actually D2 (not the FCS equivalent). This would be equivalent to Wyoming scheduling Fort Lewis today (which would probably be a competitive game given what we have seen).
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:
I obviously do not remember the 1984 game versus South Dakota State; however, in 1984, I believe that South Dakota State was actually D2 (not the FCS equivalent). This would be equivalent to Wyoming scheduling Fort Lewis today (which would probably be a competitive game given what we have seen).
Might also have been the last year of the BONE. The Erickson air express showed up in 1985.
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

JimmyDimes wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:
Might also have been the last year of the BONE. The Erickson air express showed up in 1985.
Erickson's year was '86
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

COS Cowboy wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:
Erickson's year was '86
You are correct....regardless, that was the last year of an era of which Wyoming ran the wishbone offense.
mwc fan
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote:Hill is not only strong, fast and powerful, but he has great vision and is incredibly shifty for a tall guy. Wick in my opinion lacks the vision and shiftiness of Hill. Hill's definitely won the job
So I guess basically this is a what have you done for me lately situation. One guy has a great game and the other guy is washed up with no vision or lateral movement. Seriously do you guys watch the lines or just the stats ? Hill had better running lanes last week. It happens in any two back rotation. Last year Wick would get more running lanes than DJ May. I hope both backs have a great season and it's possible Wick is getting a late start from missing all of Fall camp. Hill did his best with the blocking he got and Wick did the same. I expect Wick to have a break out game this week. He has always ran well against Power 5 conference teams.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

They are both great backs that bring different things to the table.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote:
That is correct. I don't know why that didn't dawn on me either considering SDSU (the real one btw) is only 60 miles from my apartment.

SDSU was Division II (also the real one) until 2005, same year as NDSU made the switch.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I still can't get over the fact that a number of people here wanted Hill to play at safety. I always thought he was a perfect fit for Bohl's system at RB, and wasn't worried that he was only starting last year third on the depth chart. The cream always rises to the top if you give it a chance.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

mwc fan wrote:
So I guess basically this is a what have you done for me lately situation. One guy has a great game and the other guy is washed up with no vision or lateral movement. Seriously do you guys watch the lines or just the stats ? Hill had better running lanes last week. It happens in any two back rotation. Last year Wick would get more running lanes than DJ May. I hope both backs have a great season and it's possible Wick is getting a late start from missing all of Fall camp. Hill did his best with the blocking he got and Wick did the same. I expect Wick to have a break out game this week. He has always ran well against Power 5 conference teams.
I was watching and I think WIck given the same opportunities does't have as much success as Hill. Just my opinion
theman12
Buckaroo

Hill averaged 7 yards a pop against Wazzu. Anyone know the record for rushing yards in a season, and do think he can do it?