Cowboys vs Mountaineers

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Brew_Poke wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:Yeah screw this. I'm not renewing my season tickets next year nor am I continuing my CJC donation. This team and coach blows. Worse than Koening.....
2nd year for me. I did keep giving $100 to CJC (vastly scaled back from my previous giving level), but I won't be doing that in the future.
I like helping the student athletes and the band but I'm not going to keep giving to them and let the AD think this is ok.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

It's getting old really fast
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Alright, I'm sick of losing and still fearing 0-12, but once again I see a few positives.

1. May has finally brought some (pro-Cowboys) danger back to our kick returns
2. Our defense didn't allow a single third down conversion (whaaaaaaaat?)
3. We outgained our opponent in yards (373-314)
4. We managed an interception!

And yes, I'm well aware of all our mistakes and that Appalachian State isn't a world beater. I noticed our three turnovers and the penalties that killed our mojo.

BUT...

I'd argue Appalachian State wasn't the worst team left on our schedule, and that with a few of our mistakes not happening, this would have been a very close game even score-wise (if, but, potentially, sure... but it's all we've got). Air Force looked bad today (though I'm not confident we can hold them), CSU has regressed a lot, Nevada looks iffy, UNLV is UNLV, and San Diego State lost to South Alabama...

So yeah... while the score was bad, I don't think our play was terrible overall. I do think we're improving week by week, so maybe by the time we play CSU, UNLV, or SDSU, we'll be able to pull a stunner.

If you had talked to me two hours ago, I probably wouldn't have agreed, though. :P
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Not to mention they took ODU behind the woodshed last week 49-0. We left at least 10 plus points out on the field. It was raining and we were on the road playing a decent team. We had our chances, we made our mistakes. But I see progress too.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

I like helping the student athletes and the band but I'm not going to keep giving to them and let the AD think this is ok.
So you want the AD to fire Bohl?
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

SnowyRange wrote:
So you want the AD to fire Bohl?
Nope. I want the AD fired and replaced. Hence why I canceled my tickets next year and was removed from all CJC mailings and e-mails.
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

Nope. I want the AD fired and replaced. Hence why I canceled my tickets next year and was removed from all CJC mailings and e-mails.
You want the AD fired for hiring a football coach you don't want fired?

Well, I suppose you can run that up the flag pole, as they say.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

SnowyRange wrote:

I don't want Burman anywhere near the athletic department when it's time to hire the next coach after this abysmal project ends in utter futility.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

SnowyRange wrote:

He wants the AD fired for creating an athletic department that is not conducive to success for ANY coach. In short, it's not Bohl's fault that Burman has screwed the pooch; Bear Bryant couldn't win with the way things are right now.