Cowboys vs Mountaineers

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Hopefully the torential downpour doesn't affect us that much, but i forsee us playing better but we'll still make too many mistakes to win this one on the road, sorry to say...

ASU 21 UW 12(we miss both extra points), hope I'm wrong, i don't wanna go 0-5
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I think the forecast for wind is increasing...now is out at 25-35 mph. If that holds, wind + rain is going to keep the game on the ground. I'm not sure that is a good thing, but perhaps a more one dimensional offense will help our young defense.

If I'm Stanard, I'm not so sure I don't just say "You know what, you can blow us out if you can pass but you will not run the ball".
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Just checked the hourly forecast for Boone. Around 55 degrees, 20 mph winds and 70-to-95% chance of rain during the game
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
AppFan82
Buckaroo

Welcome, Cowboys! The weather forecast at the moment seems to indicate that we'll have a slight letup in the quantity of rain from midday to early evening tomorrow. Right now, that simply means something less than the torrential downpours we've had most of the week. The wind is supposed to pick up a bit to the 20 - 25 mph range. More heavy rain is predicted for tomorrow night.

Just some handy info for those of you coming to the game tomorrow:
- Umbrellas are not allowed in the stadium. Make sure your rain gear is wearable.
- The high should be in the mid-50's. Be prepared for it to feel a bit colder than that with the wet.
- Don't park at Boone Mall. It's the first place to flood.
- Watch for rock slides and falling trees.
- Don't believe weather.com or other "canned" forecasts. Come to Yosef's Cabin and get the word from WXAPP.

I know WYO's going through the same sort of thing App's endured the last couple of years as we've shifted gears from FCS to FBS. We're finally seeing some of the spark we've been waiting for. We know what it feels like to field a team that's all freshmen and sophomores. Shoot, we've returned 20 of 22 starters from last year's squad. I'm hoping we can send you home with a loss.

The weather will make the game a bit more interesting. At least we won't have to have the snow plows clearing the field for folks to be able to see the lines ... that doesn't happen until mid-November.

Travel safely.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Cmon Pokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
asu1978
Buckaroo

If your flying in from Charlotte or Greenville know that you may have flight delays.Jim Cantory of the Weather Channel is in Greenville.nuff said
jarhead
Ranch Hand

Here is a live web cam feed from downtown Boone. http://www.exploreboone.com/about/live-webcam/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times

We can't beat New Mexico at home. No way I think we beat ASU on the road... sorry guys. Don't have the faith in this game. Though I do hope UW proves me wrong. :)
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

As bad as this sounds, this is one of the few potentially winnable games left on our schedule. Maybe being away from Wyoming will be a good thing to clear the player's minds. I say we pull it off and win a close one, 35-31.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Oh poop the other team has a quarterback that's supposed to be good? This could be a long day. Which scares you guys more our run D or our pass D?
Riding High!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/i ... condensed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Holy poop
W-Y, Until I Die!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:Oh poop the other team has a quarterback that's supposed to be good? This could be a long day. Which scares you guys more our run D or our pass D?
I'm gonna go with run d lol touchdown...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

They don't need their QB.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote:
Cosmic Cowboy wrote:Oh poop the other team has a quarterback that's supposed to be good? This could be a long day. Which scares you guys more our run D or our pass D?
I'm gonna go with run d lol touchdown...
Aahahha yeah YIKES!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Riding High!!!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Nice return MAY!
Riding High!!!
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Goddamn the Cowboys remind me of classic Oakland Raiders teams with penalties.
Riding High!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Holy f-word poop
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

When things look bad and then get better but then much worse