As down as anyone but...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

What changed? We lost a game we were supposed to lose. We played better on defense and worse on offense. I don't feel any different. Just wondering why others have NOW decided to walk up to the cliff and look down, seems odd. We are undisciplined, shoot ourselves constantly, and our senior QB lest us down, what else is new?
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

PokeOLoco wrote:What changed? We lost a game we were supposed to lose. We played better on defense and worse on offense. I don't feel any different. Just wondering why others have NOW decided to walk up to the cliff and look down, seems odd. We are undisciplined, shoot ourselves constantly, and our senior QB lest us down, what else is new?
I think reality is setting in for many that this is the worst team Wyoming has ever fielded.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

PokeOLoco wrote:What changed? We lost a game we were supposed to lose. We played better on defense and worse on offense. I don't feel any different. Just wondering why others have NOW decided to walk up to the cliff and look down, seems odd. We are undisciplined, shoot ourselves constantly, and our senior QB lest us down, what else is new?
Dunno how much Coffman let anyone down.. he had one bad mistake, which was a miscommunication w/ the wide receiver.. other than that, he played fairly well considering it was raining a lot and fairly windy.. neither QB was putting up a lot of passing yards.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:
Dunno how much Coffman let anyone down.. he had one bad mistake, which was a miscommunication w/ the wide receiver.. other than that, he played fairly well considering it was raining a lot and fairly windy.. neither QB was putting up a lot of passing yards.
And Coffman I think is still leading, or in the top 2 of the conference in passing yards.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Not to burst anyone's bubble, Coffman has done a fairly solid job and is a much better quarterback than Colby was, but Josh Allen getting hurt was huge. I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I think a lot of our redzone wowes can be attributed back to him. Its a pretty predictable pattern. Get into the redzone, have a run play, next play we have a pass play where they bring pressure and he takes a large sack killing the drive. Not saying it is all his fault but he has had redzone issues. Hopefully he can get that fixed and get some touchdowns instead of 0 points in the redzone. It may be a long year this year, but I expect a big step next year. These guys haven't quit yet and they aren't going to. Get them a win or two and things are going to start rolling in the right direction.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote:Not to burst anyone's bubble, Coffman has done a fairly solid job and is a much better quarterback than Colby was, but Josh Allen getting hurt was huge. I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I think a lot of our redzone wowes can be attributed back to him. Its a pretty predictable pattern. Get into the redzone, have a run play, next play we have a pass play where they bring pressure and he takes a large sack killing the drive. Not saying it is all his fault but he has had redzone issues. Hopefully he can get that fixed and get some touchdowns instead of 0 points in the redzone. It may be a long year this year, but I expect a big step next year. These guys haven't quit yet and they aren't going to. Get them a win or two and things are going to start rolling in the right direction.
We need to pass on first down in the red zone. Switch things up and keep opposing DCs guessing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

We ran 8 or so running plays in a row. I believe we tried a play action and they blitzed and sacked cam for the first of two. In all fairness, they kind of lucked out. If we had kept pounding it, hill probably scores on that blitz
W-Y, Until I Die!