Losing now? Yes. But still knocking down recruits

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Per Holmgren from last week http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... fb91f.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This Chandler Garrett kid -- I want to adopt him. His exuberance for Wyoming football is off the charts already and this kid is a thousand miles from Laramie in his final season of HS ball. His wanting to be a Wyoming Cowboy is what should speak to people, it's an infectious quality and refreshingly energetic.

This is the way its going to get done, continuing to knock down recruits one after another who have the substantive desire to want to be a part of turning around something on a more than significant level. This is why those promoting a sky is falling mentality with the potential of an 0-12 season, with some claiming it would/will kill recruiting is way-way off base. There is real opportunity with our program -- and based upon so many of the things these kids are saying in the Holmgren piece it provides incredible optimism for future seasons.

Chandler himself says that he visits this board, and all I can say to him is that if we have a succession of quarterbacks in the next few seasons that feature Josh Allen first, followed by Garrett, we're gonna be set at that position for the foreseeable future in a way that other MWC teams will not easily match.

Its clear to me already that Bohl possesses a great ability to close on players he really wants.

Forget the wins and losses for a season like this and start thinking longer term guys...our future is bright and there is definite light at the end of the tunnel...and I realize its very tough to see that right now.

We're on oour way to big-big things in the next few seasons.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Yabadabadoo wrote:This Chandler Garrett kid -- I want to adopt him. His exuberance for Wyoming football is off the charts already and this kid is a thousand miles from Laramie in his final season of HS ball. His wanting to be a Wyoming Cowboy is what should speak to people, it's an infectious quality and refreshingly energetic.
He's only 750 miles from Laramie, but other than that I agree.

Recruits are excited to come to Laramie and be a part of what is currently a 0-5 team. Just let that sink in.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Chandler rocks!! Rock on....
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

I noticed that it was mentioned a few days ago that these recruits scroll the forum and since then the negativity has slowed pretty significantly...
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I hope they don't take anything on here too seriously, we're fans this is what we do. All message boards are pretty much the same sort of emotional roller coaster.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

One thing recruits likely assume from the current situation is: "Wow, if I go there I'll probably start right away". And they're likely right.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:This Chandler Garrett kid -- I want to adopt him. His exuberance for Wyoming football is off the charts already and this kid is a thousand miles from Laramie in his final season of HS ball. His wanting to be a Wyoming Cowboy is what should speak to people, it's an infectious quality and refreshingly energetic.
He's only 750 miles from Laramie, but other than that I agree.

Recruits are excited to come to Laramie and be a part of what is currently a 0-5 team. Just let that sink in.
Actually it's 767 miles from Mustang High School to War Memorial Stadium...geez Josh, get it right!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Yabadabadoo wrote: Chandler himself says that he visits this board, and all I can say to him is that if we have a succession of quarterbacks in the next few seasons that feature Josh Allen first, followed by Garrett, we're gonna be set at that position for the foreseeable future in a way that other MWC teams will not easily match.
You got all that from a few quarters of play vs. EMU and a QB that isn't even the top QB recruit from Oklahoma in the MW? I'm glad Garrett is committed, but nothing is guaranteed in recruiting. ESPECIALLY when you have to take the route of finding lesser known recruits other schools don't want. This is risky business.

We thought we'd be set at QB this year too. We'll be set at QB when someone plays well consistently for a season.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I know I don't speak English too much of the time but I thought it was "locking down" recruits.

http://newsok.com/article/5444338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe it's 754.4 miles.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote:Actually it's 767 miles from Mustang High School to War Memorial Stadium...geez Josh, get it right!
:lol: Rounded to the nearest 50
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
WestWYOPoke wrote:Actually it's 767 miles from Mustang High School to War Memorial Stadium...geez Josh, get it right!
:lol: Rounded to the nearest 50
Well you were so insistent on correcting the OP's distance, I figured we'd better get it right if we're getting nitpicky. :D