Breakdown of recruits by class?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

JimmyDimes wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote: I went through the list of junior and seniors.....most of the seniors and/or juniors not playing are either hurt or aren't on scholarship.
So, do we have unfilled scholarships?
I'm sure we do....all the guys who have left are now unfilled. Do you know if there is a limit on class size? Bohl needs to fill that limit this year.
I think there is a limit. I wonder how many unfilled scholarships we had last year (if any) and this year? It sounds like we have double digit open scholarships.

Our media should break this down.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote: I went through the list of junior and seniors.....most of the seniors and/or juniors not playing are either hurt or aren't on scholarship.
So, do we have unfilled scholarships?
I'm sure we do....all the guys who have left are now unfilled. Do you know if there is a limit on class size? Bohl needs to fill that limit this year.
I think there is a limit. I wonder how many unfilled scholarships we had last year (if any) and this year? It sounds like we have double digit open scholarships.

Our media should break this down.
25 per year is the limit. 28 can sign their letter of intent but 3 will get cut before may.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:I wish there was a link to every years signing class and depth chart and stats. So you could better recall teams and groups of players era's. And see success rates of recruits (how long they stayed and lettered/started. By year and by state

I think that covers everyone on the current team. Walk-ons may not be listed, not sure.

In this news archive, you can go all the way back to 2004. Just Ctrl+F and search "recruiting"

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/sp ... c-rel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow. Awesome. Thank you

So 2015 class looks really good as far as percentage showed up. dc's last class was terrible. He had one w Yarbrough, Brett smith, and josh doctson
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

The wide receiver guys are all still on the roster from 2015 class. So maybe the depth is starting to be replenished but some of these freshman better be able to play. Any word on which of them are redshirting, it doesn't seem like they're using them at wr are they?

The lb's all get moved. So must not be the biggest deal at all that they'll prob sign a half dozen or more lb's in this 16 class.

The last few times they've tried big Juco classes it hasn't worked but the balance or the roster has to happen with signing 6 or 8 of them this year. I don't think they'll do it

The Yarbrough/ Brett smith / Doctson class had the "best qb recruit in forever" for wyo that year right? Adam pittsner. All this can change so fast but I do believe if nothing else that recruiting is on the upswing
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: The last few times they've tried big Juco classes it hasn't worked but the balance or the roster has to happen with signing 6 or 8 of them this year. I don't think they'll do it
I was trying to figure out how many unfilled scholarships we had last year (if any) and this year.

According to HR's information, we had room to give a few scholarships last year (if we had some available) and a few this year. Especially last year, it would have made sense to try a few JUCO LBs. They would be graduating this year so the scholarships would be available again. Same for this year. Sign a couple JUCO LBs rather than sitting on scholarships.

I would be really interested to see if we truly have sat on scholarships last year and this year. At this point, I'm only speculating.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
Coeur d' Alene wrote:I wish there was a link to every years signing class and depth chart and stats. So you could better recall teams and groups of players era's. And see success rates of recruits (how long they stayed and lettered/started. By year and by state

I think that covers everyone on the current team. Walk-ons may not be listed, not sure.

In this news archive, you can go all the way back to 2004. Just Ctrl+F and search "recruiting"

http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-footbl/sp ... c-rel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was browsing the clasess and noticed that the vast majority of decent LB we've had have been JUCOs. We Need a couple JUCO LBs in this class and maybe a couple JUCO DEs.