Skylor Clinton leaves UW

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Bohl announced today that Skylor Clinton left UW for personal reasons.
ImageImageImageImage
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Why now? Why not just finish out the season? Short of a death in the family I see no other reason to not stick out the dang season.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

It is because very few kids these days know what the word commitment means.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

JimmyDimes wrote:It is because very few kids these days know what the word commitment means.
Seriously. I'm not asking for the kids to stick out four or five years if his heart's not in it, but finish the season.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Personal may be family emergent... best of luck to him. Not a huge loss on the football field.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

PokeOLoco wrote:Personal may be family emergent... best of luck to him. Not a huge loss on the football field.
Agree...except he took a scholarship that we will now need to fill. Tough when you are trying to develop depth.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

What is depth? It sounds familiar... but I can't quite place it.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

PokeOLoco wrote:What is depth? It sounds familiar... but I can't quite place it.
You know, the deep part of the swimming pool!
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

That's it! I knew it wouldn't have anything to do with our football team the last 6 years or so.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Another DE leaving? What the hell? I guess I could see him being upset too, though, when a 200 lb. linebacker gets moved up to DE and Clinton is still sitting on the bench.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Good luck to Skyler. I hope everything is ok. If he is leaving because he can't handle the heat of this inferno this year, then it is what it is. I am not one to judge his character, but if the reason is legit, then good luck. If it is an excuse to get out...I have strong feelings about that I won't share.

If this year doesn't weed out the guys who want to be here and the guys who are floating, then I don't know what will. Every game has been a complete gut-punch right now to fans, players and coaches. This season will certainly filter out the guys who may not cut it. I am just dreading logging on one day and seeing that someone like Brian Hill left. (Kind of like when Brett left).

I realize we have no depth, but the coaches obviously saw something in these young guys enough to recruit them. Many of them may not be used to losing, either. This is where I hope guys like Eddie step up and rally the team.