Why can't we hike the ball?.............

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

It seems this is a basic part of the game.
TheCup
Ranch Hand

Or kick it?

Doesn't seem like this stuff should be that hard.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

Well last game the ball was soaking wet.. so that probably didn't help the snapping to the quarterback..
ImageImageImageImage
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

MrTitleist wrote:Well last game the ball was soaking wet.. so that probably didn't help the snapping to the quarterback..
Did App State the same issues? Not trying to contradict, I truly don't know. If both teams were having similar center-to-QB transition issues then it's understandable, if it was only us with the issue, well....
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

I'm not advocating for a new coach by any stretch, but for Bohl to come in with such a robust pedigree, this is the main reason for my frustration. I don't care how old the players are, they are simply not appearing to be coached up. The product we are seeing is not 1A. Two games in a row have seen simple runs break for 50+ yard TD's in the first (or second) freaking play of the game. Penalties. Being completely out of position (at the start of the play). Bad routs and/or reads. Whiffed tackles. Snaps. Missed kicks. And on and on and on...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

HiCountryCowboy wrote:I'm not advocating for a new coach by any stretch, but for Bohl to come in with such a robust pedigree, this is the main reason for my frustration. I don't care how old the players are, they are simply not appearing to be coached up. The product we are seeing is not 1A. Two games in a row have seen simple runs break for 50+ yard TD's in the first (or second) freaking play of the game. Penalties. Being completely out of position (at the start of the play). Bad routs and/or reads. Whiffed tackles. Snaps. Missed kicks. And on and on and on...
I am all for Bohl and think he will win here. That being said, this is the biggest problem I have. How can you not have your guys ready to go during the first series.... Its happened every game I believe... The game against UND they two called back on penalties in the first two drives!!! Its ugly and has to be corrected.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 31 times

WestWYOPoke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Well last game the ball was soaking wet.. so that probably didn't help the snapping to the quarterback..
Did App State the same issues? Not trying to contradict, I truly don't know. If both teams were having similar center-to-QB transition issues then it's understandable, if it was only us with the issue, well....
Don't remember for sure, honestly.
ImageImageImageImage
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I don't remember App State having any poor C-QB exchanges in the game. I don't know why we struggle with the fundamentals. I'm pretty sure there have been multiple bad exchanges in both good weather and poor (New Mexico, EMU).
wwcc22
Buckaroo

So does that come down to coaching or having such a young team. Just a question
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Wet soggy balls man. Sucks.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Coaching only gets you so far. At some point, it's on the players. Sure, Bohl and staff could devote part of their limited practice time to the center-quarterback exchange, but maybe it's something the players could work on in their own time, as well.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand

It's Burman's fault.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

It's got to be youth right?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

lack of kicking game really takes all the wind outta our sails, no confidence in the offense, afterall points do create a sense of accomplishment, but when you get stuffed on a 4th and goal and can't kick the ball thru the uprights, there goes any sort of accomplishment, really sad fact
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

castlerocker wrote:It seems this is a basic part of the game.
As a former center, I would advise these kids to start wearing a receiver's glove on their snapping hand when conditions are bad. You HAVE to have a good exchange, no matter what. Those gloves get sticky when they're wet, making you have a much more sure grip.