Kicker commit, per Holmgren

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

kansasCowboy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:3rd class is a charm? About f-word time 'ol Bohly invested in a kicker.

poop on or not, call it what you want, to not have a solid kicker at UW is a major mistake. Which has been proven true each Saturday UW takes the field.
Again, he went after Coppens last year from Texas, who later decommitted to stay closer to home.
I don't think Coppens was offered a scholarship. Other than running off three veteran offensive lineman that was Bohl's biggest boo-boo last year
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:
McPeachy wrote:3rd class is a charm? About f-word time 'ol Bohly invested in a kicker.

poop on or not, call it what you want, to not have a solid kicker at UW is a major mistake. Which has been proven true each Saturday UW takes the field.
Again, he went after Coppens last year from Texas, who later decommitted to stay closer to home.
I don't think Coppens was offered a scholarship. Other than running off three veteran offensive lineman that was Bohl's biggest boo-boo last year
I count two.....but it is Bohl's team and if there are players not buying in, then do you cave or keep on track? It seems most would want him to cave in to the bad apples. Don't get it.

Go Pokes!!
poke em
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:

I doubt any kicker could make up our 85 point deficit so far this year.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Trap (1) Hardy (2) Jones (3) ... I really liked Jones, he was emotional, but he cared and had a definite nasty streak in him.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

kansasCowboy wrote:

I don't believe he (Coppens) was offered a full ride. Could be wrong of course.

But either way, WTF was Bohl's back-up plan? Nothing! That is just pathetic. He basically said, "f-word it". Which if I did in my job, I am long-gone...immediately.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

poke em wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
kansasCowboy wrote:

I doubt any kicker could make up our 85 point deficit so far this year.
While that is obviously the case...not having a kicker changes a lot about how a team approaches 4th and 1 from the 22 yard line (and similar).
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

PokeOLoco wrote:Trap (1) Hardy (2) Jones (3) ... I really liked Jones, he was emotional, but he cared and had a definite nasty streak in him.
So was Hardy (a nasty streak in him).
Dear Karma,

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm excited about this kid. He's just a solid football player overall, and in the case where we've screwed up and the oppnent has "only the kicker left to beat," he is fast AND good enough to take them down.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Not saying Bohl did this to the 3 olineman but I've had coaches that for one reason or another didn't like a player, and went out of their way to push them into quitting.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

PokeOLoco wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:The Fiesta Bowl....oh God, that's rich. Thanks, I needed the laugh.
You're right, we should say you could play in the FCS championship someday in front of 12 people
Hey at least that's realistic!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

SDPokeFan wrote:
PokeOLoco wrote:
SDPokeFan wrote:The Fiesta Bowl....oh God, that's rich. Thanks, I needed the laugh.
You're right, we should say you could play in the FCS championship someday in front of 12 people
Hey at least that's realistic!
Except it's not realistic. We wouldn't get the same level of recruits as we do right now, so we'd be an average FCS team at best, and an equally terrible one at worst. The Fiesta Bowl is at the very least as realistic as the FCS Championship game, and unlike the FCS, it'd actually make us enough money to be worth having a football program going forward.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo